MLB 2010 - The Second - B. Wood struck out swinging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to two games in a row against the Twins. Have to say I liked tonight's outcome more, but yesterday's was a better overall game (albeit with a letdown ending).

I think it would be quite interesting and perhaps a bit awkward to meet up with the following posters at a U2 show next year:

Hewson
Headache
Dalton
DRay9911
tourist
Impy
GAF
Not Safe for Work
phanan
PFan
Robot
Sicy

We could all stand next to each other in GA. :cute:

that would be pretty cool to bust each other's chops

was hoping to say hey to as many people as possible this weekend, but it was not meant to be

Considering you coined it, like, over 2 years ago, yeah. Well, maybe not coined it, but started calling me that in the NFL pick 'em thread.

:)

I've given you several.(Though I think I gave you "Not Stuck at Work" when you left your job and headed west) Not as many as headache, but you have a pretty good roster.

I think it would be quite interesting and perhaps a bit awkward to meet up with the following posters at a U2 show next year:

Hewson
Headache
Dalton
DRay9911
tourist
Impy
GAF
Not Safe for Work
phanan
PFan
Robot
Sicy

We could all stand next to each other in GA. :cute:

and we can all reenact kendry morales' game winning grand slam!

pf - this is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you*

sweep.jpg

*-not really

The Philadelphia Phillies are fucking awful right now, and I have serious doubts about their postseason potential. They've always been streaky offensively, but the past two weeks have been atrocious since Jimmy Rollins went down again (plus Placido Polanco for the past week). Jayson Werth has reverted to Lazy Jayson Werth mode and lost himself at least $10 million in the past week alone. Utley can't catch a break. Ryan Howard has a huge contract and is now totally complacent and probably will never be all that good at any point for the next seven years. And we're blowing great pitching performances left and right. We barely won a fucking perfect game.

Not fun to watch.

Not coming off of 3 straight years of being in the post-season, including 2 WS appearances and 1 WS title you don't.

This is right around when Piss goes off on Ryan Howard anyway, regardless of how well the Phillies are doing.

All I mean is that I know what it's like to lose games because of a sheer lack of hitting when the starting pitching has been excellent.

All I mean is that I know what it's like to lose games because of a sheer lack of hitting when the starting pitching has been excellent.

Yeah, I kinda understood your point, and then I was making a point on top of that but if you want to either deliberately or, perhaps, non-deliberately follow along so be it.

Anyway, Piss, it really is a tad early to hit the panic button, regardless of performance over the last few weeks.

I'm not panicking, I'm just disappointed. And most of my dislike of Ryan Howard is justified, especially now that he's the $125 million man.

I'm not panicking, I'm just disappointed. And most of my dislike of Ryan Howard is justified, especially now that he's the $125 million man.

Well, you sure sound like you're panicking, and your dislike of Howard has been off-base but suit yourself, you dislike who you dislike.

There's too much upside to be panicking yet: eventually we're going to get healthier, and the pitching has been surprisingly steady. And like I said, the Phils have always been streaky.

Howard's one of the better 1B in Major League Baseball. I just think that the contract was absurd and feel that way more and more each day.

There's too much upside to be panicking yet: eventually we're going to get healthier, and the pitching has been surprisingly steady. And like I said, the Phils have always been streaky.

Howard's one of the better 1B in Major League Baseball. I just think that the contract was absurd and feel that way more and more each day.

The contract is ridiculous, you'll get no argument from me there. They'd have been better off letting him walk and keeping Werth, lazy or not.

Ken Griffey Jr. just retired. I have mixed emotions. He's just a shell. But what he did in the 90s rivals what any other player has ever done in a single decade.

ETA, Damnit GAF!

ETA 2, I saw his last career at bat in person. Fielder's choice grounder to 2B.

tiger's pitcher armando galarraga perfect through 7

/just jinxed it'd?

Back
Top Bottom