MERGED: The Octagon Bar: Under Not-So-New Management At All, Really

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Merc:

When you get a chance look up sciencejobs.com for when you are looking for work. You list your qualifications and areas that you are interested in. They send you an email about once a week for all the jobs that you may be interested in and it might be helpful.

If you need more info, let me know.

Cheers.

Tania said:
Hey Merc:

When you get a chance look up sciencejobs.com for when you are looking for work. You list your qualifications and areas that you are interested in. They send you an email about once a week for all the jobs that you may be interested in and it might be helpful.

If you need more info, let me know.

Cheers.

Thanks Tania - I'll keep that in mind! :D:up:

I've got 1½ years left... so I think I'll wait a bit to sign up, but I'll do it when graduation is getting closer... :yes:

Actually, my dream job right now is with one of two organizations in my sig... but it's nice to have some oppotunities to choose from! :)

cheers tim

mmmm... food.... think i might have to follow your plan of action, i'm hungry too

see ya guys later

starsforu2 said:
:wave: Have a wonderful day Dorothe! It sounds like you're well on your way! :hug:

I'm off to search for some lunch... ** Stomach grumbles :madspit: **

:ohmy: :wink:

Enjoy your day - and your lunch - Timm! :wink: :laugh: :hug:

No worries,

Think I will have to call it a night (or an early morning!).

Catch up with everyone soon.:wave:

i got it.
i finally got it!
I ditched work. escaped when no one was looking and drove out of town to get the album.
driving home through the fog and mist
listening.
I let two tears slip during miracle drug.....:reject:
Im in emotional upheaval right now....the album is either urging on the pain or helping it. cant tell yet. whatever it is I dont care
this is fucking awesome
im just pissed that i have no digital music player now that my minidisc player bit the dust yesterday. of all the times to not have any music to listen to at work:mad:

u2bonogirl said:
i got it.
i finally got it!
I ditched work. escaped when no one was looking and drove out of town to get the album.
driving home through the fog and mist
listening.
I let two tears slip during miracle drug.....:reject:
Im in emotional upheaval right now....the album is either urging on the pain or helping it. cant tell yet. whatever it is I dont care
this is fucking awesome
im just pissed that i have no digital music player now that my minidisc player bit the dust yesterday. of all the times to not have any music to listen to at work:mad:

:applaud: I'm really loving just about everything on this disc :dance:

I liked MD better the 2nd time. Great lyrics! Everything is more poignant when you've got emotional stuff going on. I can commiserate.

** A Man and A Woman comes on the Jukebox **
** I take Tara into my arms and do a little spanish dance while lipsyncing to her **

Little sister don't you worry about a thing today
Take the heat from the sun
Little sister
I know that everything is not ok
But you're like honey on my tongue

True love never can be rent
But only true love can keep beauty innocent

** Gives a Tara a little spin, and her summer dress twirls as she spins back in toward me **

I could never take a chance
Of losing love to find romance
In the mysterious distance
Between a man and a woman
No I could never take a chance
'Cause I could never understand
The mysterious distance

** Catches Tara by the hand before she runs off for another drink **

You can run from love
And if it's really love it will find you
Catch you by the heel
But you can't be numb for love
The only pain is to feel nothing at all
How can I hurt when I'm holding you?

** Moves hip to hip for the remainder of the song, but lets Bono do the singing **

I could never take a chance

And you're the one, there's no-one else
You make me want to lose myself

Brown eyed girl across the street
On rue Saint Divine
I thought this is the one for me
But she was already mine
You were already mine...

** Whispers ** Everything will be answered in due time, just leave it behind, tonight we dance :dance:

Little sister
I've been sleeping in the street again
Like a stray dog
Little sister
I've been trying to feel complete again
But you're gone and so is God

The soul needs beauty for a soul mate
When the soul wants...the soul waits ...

No I could never take a chance

For love and sex and faith and fear
And all the things that keep us here

How can I hurt when I'm holding you?

:hug: Thanks for the dance sweetie. I don't think that things will get worse. It's always dark before the dawn.

*gives tim a hug, a faint smile and a kiss on the cheek*
thank you for the dance
*wonders if bono was thinking of her with the brown eyed girl comment*:laugh:
probably not:shrug:
ack, my bloodsugar must be getting low.....gotta go put something in my body before i pass out in the library:huh:
nobody ever get hypoglycemia. it SUCKS.

:rant: *stomps off to find some peanutbutter*
see you all later. and by then I will have black in my hair!

u2bonogirl said:
*gives tim a hug, a faint smile and a kiss on the cheek*
thank you for the dance
*wonders if bono was thinking of her with the brown eyed girl comment*:laugh:
probably not:shrug:
ack, my bloodsugar must be getting low.....gotta go put something in my body before i pass out in the library:huh:
nobody ever get hypoglycemia. it SUCKS.

:rant: *stomps off to find some peanutbutter*
see you all later. and by then I will have black in my hair!

My mom had hypoglycemia for awhile. It morped into Diabetes years later, but it's the type-2 version and just requires a smart diet and some medication.

Enjoy your peanut butter and I hope you feel better :hug:

hey tim, i'm back again.

got an assignment i have to do up tonight so i'll need a little something to get my mind in the mood for it. what do you recommend?

** Pulls out the mixer and adds a 1/2 oz Amaretto, 1/2 oz Coffee liqueur, 1/2 oz Irish cream, 1/2 oz Banana liqueur and 1 oz Cream over some ice **

** Shakes it up, and strains it into a shot glass **

Voila! I give you "Zoo Station" :yes:

** Does a little :dance: to Levitate that I just pulled off of iTunes **

Getting :happy:

I'm u2 overloaded as well and I had "cheated" and had already heard the new album
I have put the complete u2 on the ipod, made smart lists of the rare stuff, the concerts, the singles/ made back up CDs of the stuff I didn't already have
Not to mention watching the DVD......
Believe I'm starting to develop a twitch:crazy:

but still - I so love the songs I don't really care:)

nurse chrissi said:
I'm u2 overloaded as well and I had "cheated" and had already heard the new album
I have put the complete u2 on the ipod, made smart lists of the rare stuff, the concerts, the singles/ made back up CDs of the stuff I didn't already have
Not to mention watching the DVD......
Believe I'm starting to develop a twitch:crazy:

but still - I so love the songs I don't really care:)

Hi Chrissy :wave: By Chrissy :yawn:

I haven't even had time to watch the DVD :reject: and backups :lmao: No time! :D

Night!

tisk tisk, i thought timmy was in bed by now:shame:
:cute:
and Im supposed to be scrubbing out a refigerator
i was too excited! after thinking that my special edition wouldnt come until later this week i get home and there it is all bright and shiny in its box!
fast cars is awesome:yes:
bono is the- hey wait
maybe i should keep that in pleba:reject:

starsforu2 said:
"Zoo Station"

Hey, that's exactly the same name as my computer!! :eyebrow: :laugh:

How is everyone? :)

I've just finished watching About Schmidt and found my upload to Yousendit for Digsy has finished! She can post the link here when she's downloaded it and you can have a free-for-all until it expires! :applaud:

Anyway, I succumbed today and played my Xmas present!! :shame: :reject: I played my HTDAAB LP to see how it sounds compared to the CD. I got the Collectors Edition in the post first thing this morning but I bought the LP yesterday along with the Vertigo 12" (also to be kept for Xmas) because I like my records and the sound of vinyl on my setup :yes: The sound is a lot "warmer" and 33&1/3 rpm on my turntable is slightly too fast as well so Vertigo really rocks! :lol:

Talking of which, they really got the choice of tracks for before and after the LP flip just right.

Anyway, if any of you have a 12" of The Fly, play this slightly faster than 45rpm and crank the volume right up! :ohmy:

ps. I still haven't got a job :( In fact I haven't had an interview in two weeks!

I watched the DVD!! it was so great
the *ahem* temple bar bit was hilarious
especially when bono does the little pete townsend guitar move and the dance.:cute:
Im off to figure out sometimes you can make it on the acoustic guitar:D
Im a rock star baby*leaves humming with a goofy bono smile plastered all over her face*

**Runs into the bar and starts to make the morning tea - looking a bit :tsk: **

Ask me if I'm disappointed with the HRC here in town?! Yes, I'm disappointed! :sigh:

They've only got 1 Queen-item and 1 U2-item :tsk: - One tiny pic of Queen and their logo way up under the ceiling where you almost can't see it... and the U2-item: A b/w photo of Bono from the JT-years...

... the good thing though, was that we got seated right beside JT-Bono, so I had him looking at me all during dinner - not bad! :wink: :laugh:

**Looks at watch**

:ohmy: Gotta run - talk to you guys later!!! :wave:

**Runs out of the bar with a cup of tea in her hand**

*realizes she is all alone again*
Ive had a semicrappy day and therefore have nothing to do but get on here for the moment:madspit:
the work i was supposed to have today went down the toilet
but i was totally blessed by this older couple that i now no longer do work for. theyre so sweet.
it was the last day i would be doing work for them just because of the season and everything, so i went to say goodbye and they pulled me in the house and started hugging me and giving me money and a box of chocolates.
:D they like me.
i am so thankful for people like them in this world. it can be mega shitty when theres nothing but grumpy jerk asses around, then you see these people who genuinely care about others and love each other after years of marriage
*sigh* I wanna be like that when Im old. none of this crabapple shite. they almost had me in tears and i had to keep promising to come back and visit them:cute:
:eyebrow: maybe i should be telling all of this to my journal.....
*hi-light, cut, paste*
:D wow how cybereconomical of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom