MERGED ----> The Killers - Sam's Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are only 3 songs that are good on this album:

"When you were young"
"All the pretty faces"
"read my mind"

I LOVE the record (check out my review on the main interference page).

When I got the actual disc, though, I was sad not to see lyrics.

Most of the main lyric sites have prank lyrics.

Can anyone direct me to a reliable transcription of the lyrics?

Thanks!

This may be interesting to some:

They've added two new shows. Shows in Atlanta on December 6 and San Francisco on Dec. 8 are on the official site now.

Arenas though.:huh:

Does anyone have Daddy's eyes? I think it was on teh best buy version? Of course I find this out AFTER i d/l today from itunes. If you do have it could you email it me at oktobergirl@yahoo.com ?

I have heard this song is the bomb and I've got GA for the Killers this Friday. :)

i dont care what anyone says, i really really like this album, there are a couple of songs that arent great, but there are some really great songs too

redkat said:
I didn't realize best buy has a different version :grumpy:

Yeah. I didn't know that either until I spoke to Pla. Bought the regular one at Circuit City for 8.99. Didn't really like it much on first listen. After the 3rd listen, it's kinda growing on me. So far, I like WYWY of course, Uncle Jonny, Sam's Town and Bling.

Zootlesque said:

Yeah. I didn't know that either until I spoke to Pla. Bought the regular one at Circuit City for 8.99. Didn't really like it much on first listen. After the 3rd listen, it's kinda growing on me. So far, I like WYWY of course, Uncle Jonny, Sam's Town and Bling.

:scream: I spent $14 on it

if anyone has daddy's eyes I'd be forever grateful :D

redkat1 at hotmail.com

Anu said:
Any idea about when the tickets go on sale for these big dates? I can actually do Atlanta and am feeling a bit desperate to make this roadtrip from Tennessee a reality-- even around Finals time!

No one knows yet. It's Philips Arena, so it will be on Ticketmaster. Just keep checking there. My guess is that it will still be a few more weeks.

Zootlesque said:

I can hardly wait to hear this...:drool:

Friday can't come soon enough. :shifty:

Well, after a lot of listening to the album the last week, I think this album is excellent. I think it's The Killers's WAR. It's a lot better than Hot Fuss, especially the cover!:wink:

Great opening with Sam's Town, the enterlude - exitlude thing I like very much, Read my mind is one of the best tracks on the album if you ask me.

Uncle Johnny and The river is wild are great rock songs too.

I hear influences from u2, the cure, the doors, etc.

I think it's fantastic !!! 4,5 stars

is daddys eyes on every album, with just different versions?

because i bought it today and it doesnt have that song on it....or maybe thats because i bought the one that was pressed in Australia, and maybe its not included

Best Buy is offering a bonus CD with Sam's Town that has the tracks All the Pretty Faces and Daddy's Eyes

Here is a link to Daddy's Eyes:

I'm thinking Daddy's Eyes is ok...

*link removed by Bonochick - no links to commercially released material is allowed*

Last edited by a moderator:
some of the best buy CDs (one of which cost me $10.76) come with a second disc in a paper sleeve with the bonus tracks 'All the Pretty Faces' and 'Daddy's Eyes.' The UK and Japan CDs have the bonus tracks 'Where the White Boys Dance' and 'All the Pretty Faces.'

Well, I bought the Best Buy version. I don't know - I like all three bonus tracks better than half of the album. I guess if I make my own version I'll like this new disc more... :lol:

I don't suppose anyone has the UK or Japan version of the album and can send me a lossless file of "Where The White Boys Dance"... :whistle: I have it on mp3 obviously, but I'd like to make a CD with it and would prefer it to be the same quality as everything else.

PM me if you can.

Back
Top Bottom