MERGED --> Steve Irwin (aka Crocodile Hunter) dead?? + Terri Irwin Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Girl1978 said:

Once I heard that he died, I felt sick to my stomach. I think what's so appealing about him is that he cared so much about the animals and the environment.

Exactly and I loved watching him on TV and the big screen. Oh Crikey is what I wanna say! So so sad and such a loss to his wife left with two small children. I'd say at least he died doing something he loved. RIP Steve Irwin. I feel very sad at this news, I really do. :(

Agreed...I hope everything is ok for them....he wasn't young persay, but he was pretty young

I loved watching his show and admired him so, so much for the passion and love he had toward animals and the environment. He was an educator who helped people to have sympathy toward and want to protect some of the scariest animals on the planet. It's hard to believe he's gone.

:sad:

No freaking way. This is so messed up. I wasn't a huge fan, but... he did a lot of good work with animals, and really loved them. This is just absolutely shocking, and I feel so bad for his family. RIP, Steve. :(

His show was always my big guilty pleasure, especially since for 18 years I thought I wanted to major in zoology. Just the other day I was having a conversation with a friend about him..it came up because I was wearing a khaki short sleeve button shirt and they called me Croc Hunter all day:angry:
But yea, this death is actually really sad to me, I can't imagine how painful this must be for the family, friends and all the staff.

He was so freakin passionate about the environemnt, it was very inspiring that someone could be that passionate about something. I remember an episode in which he was talking about a dog he had a long time ago [way before Bindi] and how he was his best friend, and he was getting all teary eyed just talking about his ol pal.

:(

fear_nothing said:
R.I.P. Steve Irwin
720498211_l.jpg
Maybe a picture of him molesting a crocodile would be more appropriate....
man what a bad way to go though, stingray barb... :( :huh:

Last edited:
I watched one of his shows once or twice, and he seemed like a fun person who really cared about animals. This is so sad. May he rest in peace.

Canadiens1160 said:
Maybe a picture of him molesting a crocodile would be more appropriate....

That's just cold. The man had a wife and kids... Show a little respect for the dead. :(

Man. This sucks.
I have a backpack with him on it.

He was cool. :sad:
He has two kids I think, I hope they're doing okay.

Wow, I have seen him on tv with so many dangerous creatures and he has had close calls in the past.

Sadly, his job as a naturalist educatiing people about wildlife, albeit unconventional at times, came with risks and I am surprised we haven't had more incidents like this with other personalities who bring us the wonders of the world.

Tis a sad day for the Erwin family and nature lovers around the world. Shocking news! :(

I wouldn't pretent to be a big fan of Steve Irwin, but the way that he came across on Crocodile Hunter was truly inspiring. He really did love animals.

Oh man, was just listening to the BBC, and apparently the specific reason for death was the barb piercing his heart.

I wonder if he would have survived if it had got him anywhere else?

It is a rare incident but Steve Irwin was not one to shy away from close encounters with wildlife. In order to be stung in the left part of his chest, he probably was almost swimming on top of the ray. I remember watching his tv special about the 10 deadliest snakes and his face was within inches of some of them. It freaked me out how he would get so close to animals that could kill him.

The sad thing is that the footage of Steve dying will probably end up on rotton.com or one of those twisted websites. That old FedEx commercial with him "dying" at the end will probably become a joke as well. :(

I'm surprised at how much this is upsetting me. lol. I mean, dude was crazy (he knew the risks), and his public persona was silly, but I think everyone still liked him and knew he was a good guy. :sad: He's definitely going to be missed.

Back
Top Bottom