MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I voted for the first time last night-for K Locke. If she's in the bottom three again :mad: It was busy about 7 times, finally got through..

And my random AI complaint-if Randy says "dawg" one more time, I swear :banghead:

The bottom three:

Carmen
Kim C
Trenyce

Trenyce doesn't deserve to be there, but it ain't gonna be Josh, Clay or Reuben and I think (hope?) that Kim L's excellent performance last night was enough to keep her safe. As for who's getting the boot, despite Carmen's incredible suckitude (and the fact that Simon is FINALLY acknowledging it), I think Kim C will be the one to go. She's been pretty weak the past two weeks and she's just not up to the level of most of the people left. And, more importantly, she doesn't have Carmen's massive fan base.

Randomly, my roomate watched the recaps at the end of the show and she said Clay was her favorite. :D

It's funny how most of us here agree on who is good and who is not... so why I ask, why is Kim. L. always in the bottom three? :rant: I really like her and just think that both her and her voice are beautiful. :heart:

Still love Rueben, still love Clay. I thought Josh really kicked ass last night.

Carmen is a joke and makes me cringe. She's gotta go. FAST.

Kim C. is pretty, but has no range... she's just not good enough to be there anymore. And Trenyce? well... she's not my cup of tea but the girl can sing. I have to agree with Simon and see her as a cabaret singer. Don't think that is necesarily a negative comment... it just means she won't win this competition.

Should be interesting tonight.

spinninghead77, I guess it's a big city. Maybe we met in one of the GA lines at some point? I usually can't make it to the Elevation shows because I work saturday nights in the ER (although I've been temporarily liberated by virtue of SARS).

Down with Carmen! (<--- Attempt to stay on topic).

anitram, maybe you could come to one of the Friday shows then? :sexywink: It's too bad I don't work at the East General anymore....all their fundraisers get to work from home while SARS is on! *jealous*

Anyway...back to the discussion, I am so glad that Clay finally did an upbeat tune, because I was getting a bit tired of the ballads. I like him better doing upbeat tunes in a way, it's so cute. Ruben is definitely the most consistent so far....although he does give every song more or less the same treatment.

Carmen definitely did her most horrible performance last night....and Kim C is too one dimentional. I have to admit though, the outfit she (Kim C) wore last week was beautiful and tasteful.

Kim L is definitely my favourite female singer, I think she's amazing. It's kind of too bad there can't be one male and one female winner.

Carmen's gotta go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like Reuben, but I agree with Simon. He needs to do something besides the "Barry White thing" all the time.
If Kim L gets the boot, the whole thing is rigged.

What in the world possessed people to call in and vote for Carmen after her brutal performance last night? BAH!!

Carmen's is this year's Nikki. We all asked how the f did she get that far and we'll be doing the same with Carmen.

Carmen should've been kicked off. She's not getting better.

Unless she can really wow everyone next week with her performance, she should be kicked off soon.

Kimberly C deserved to stay in the competition longer than Carmen did.

My mom said tonight that she thinks Josh is getting a little full of himself...I have to say I'm kind of beginning to agree with her. Anyone else see that or no?

Josh hasn't been getting better in his performances, either-I really liked him at the beginning of the competition, but lately his performances overall have been...eh. He should've been in the bottom three tonight (seriously, if people are voting for him merely because he's a Marine-that's not right, that's the wrong reason to vote for someone-this is supposed to be based on their talent).

By the way, I sincerely hope that those people don't sing that "I'm Proud To Be An American" song again...I really hate that song...

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
By the way, I sincerely hope that those people don't sing that "I'm Proud To Be An American" song again...I really hate that song...

Angela

Oh, thank you for saying that! :hug: That song....*shudder* I am so sick of it! Just because a song boosts national pride...well, that doesn't mean it's actually good! :yuck: And I'm not saying that because I'm not American...I just think it's a nauseating song.

Mrs. Edge said:

Oh, thank you for saying that! :hug: That song....*shudder* I am so sick of it! Just because a song boosts national pride...well, that doesn't mean it's actually good! :yuck: And I'm not saying that because I'm not American...I just think it's a nauseating song.

Woohoo! I'm not the only one who feels that way!

It's just such a lame, cheesy song...it's one of those songs that all these politicians will play during times of war and trouble to wave the patriotic flag and look like good Americans and all that...and that's just stupid-we can boost national pride without using a crappy song to do it.

Angela

Josh looks like a smug, constipated ass, and they're pimping him like mad.

Carmen's a gonner next week now that Simon is on the K.Lo train of luuuuv.

I can tell you precisely the one reason Carmen is this far:

She's a smokin' hottie. Plus the fact that she's not even a year older than me! :sexywink:

my sister called me last night to yell at me about something and then mid-rant ran off cos she realised american idol was on and she was missing it...

DaveC said:
I can tell you precisely the one reason Carmen is this far:

She's a smokin' hottie.

Ok, I seriously don't understand statements like this. Carmen is pretty? How?? She has a nice figure, but she has freakin chipmunk cheeks. Not that I think this warrants her being kicked off. Her lack of any vocal talent takes care of that. I just don't understand how her looks are actually keeping her ON the show. :huh:

I think Carmen is cute, but not sexy and not hot. She has that little girl vibe, and sorry but I'm no Roman Polanski.

Even KimC, whom I didn't like at all at least came across as a woman. K.Lo and Trenyce do as well. Carmen is just a virginal wannabe Britney, they are a dime a dozen, and she's nothing extraordinary, looks wise.

I think Josh was worse than Carmen. There I've said it, now the world can officially come to an end. Boy, does he suck or what? Still looks constipated on stage, still looks like he's giving birth while singing.

He or Carmen deserve to go. The humane thing would be to get rid of them both at once and immediately.

I think Simon's "weird hair" comment was bordering on the racist. I found it personally offensive, as somebody whose hair is also all sorts of kinky and curly. Like what, we're too ETHNIC for his majesty?

God, you said it. For the first time in history, someone sang worse than Carmen. And it was Josh.

And the hair comment bothered me as well. Good thing she has "normal" white person hair now. :rolleyes:

What hair comment?? :der: I must have missed it.

Josh was AWFUL...I hope he goes...I've never been that nuts about him, and tonight's performance confirmed it for me.

Josh and Carmen were both awful. AWFUL. I honestly think that neither of them have been any good really from the start anyways... blah. I think it's gonna be either Clay or Rueben. Was glad to see Rueben change things up a bit this week!

Josh and Carmen were both bad...this is true. I just would prefer to see Carmen go because I think she has been bad almost every week. Josh has been inconsistent, but usually not as bad as he was last night.

Trenyce hit a few bad notes herself, but she was okay.

I would like to see Reuben do something besides a ballad type song. I don't think what he did was all that different from previous numbers.

Clay is very good, but I do agree with Simon that he is more of a Broadway Musical singer than a "Pop" singer.

Yes. What the hell! That comment about the hair was inappropriate to say the least. Simon likes to play the part of the fashionista...and personally, that act is wearing thin. He's no fashion queen, so he shouldn't talk. He should focus on what's important here....the SINGING. Kimberley's hair before wasn't weird. It's called NATURAL. :rolleyes: Yes...she looked very cute nonetheless...and he said so, and should have left it at that.
Carmen and Josh stunk up the joint. Big time. I've never liked Josh...and as Bonochick said....his performance last night only further confirmed that. Simon was quite right about the fact that he sang through his nose. :lmao: And the sounds coming out of Carmen resembled a sheep or something :crack:. Save it for the barnyard, honey.
The top 3 in my mind are Kimberley, Rueben, and Clay...in that exact order. The other 3 gotta go.
What distinguishes Kim from Rueben and Clay is that she brings personality to her performances. Makes them her own and goes off. I dunno why, but I get major freakin goosebumps when she sings.....I mean...her version of "New York State of Mind" was...:drool::drool:

I'm not seeing the offensiveness of Simon's hair comment...I mean, yeah, he should focus more on their singing than their looks, 'cause their talent's the important thing here...but...I don't see where it was bordering on racist or inappropriate or whatever.

:shrug:...I dunno...

Anyway, what the hell happened to Josh within the last few weeks? When he first started out in this competition I thought he did awesome and I was rooting for him...but now...uh-uh, no way. He sucked last night. I hope he's the next one to go.

And Carmen...meh. She won't last much longer, I don't think.

Kimberly's getting better and better each time. I think she's gonna be within the remaining three or something-I think she, Clay, and Ruben are the best ones of the bunch.

And now we'll find out who's going tonight (please let it be Josh...please...).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom