Interference Random Music Talk Part XVIII - In Which GAF Listens to Sex Church

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are three vocalists who sound very similar to me. It might just be the reverb. But Robin Pecknold (Fleet Foxes), Jim James (My Morning Jacket), and Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys) all remind me of each other. And I love it.
I've already made the connection on those first two, but the third is interesting. I can kind of hear that.

You know, as much shit as I give Laz for his rants about whatever the hell it is that bothers him on a given day, there is one song that stirs up the righteous anger within me, and I heard it on the radio this afternoon: Layla unplugged. It's a ball-free interpretation of one of rock's most passionate anthems, and proof positive that Eric Clapton is a pansy-ass 50+ year-old member of the bourgeoisie with no grasp on what constitutes great music anymore.

You know, as much shit as I give Laz for his rants about whatever the hell it is that bothers him on a given day, there is one song that stirs up the righteous anger within me, and I heard it on the radio this afternoon: Layla unplugged. It's a ball-free interpretation of one of rock's most passionate anthems, and proof positive that Eric Clapton is a pansy-ass 50+ year-old member of the bourgeoisie with no grasp on what constitutes great music anymore.

Yes. And LOL at Layla winning a Grammy for Best Rock Song like 20 years after it was written.

He'll sure as shit be crying tears in heaven when we both get up there and I smack him around a little bit.

another 15 pages to catch up on.

elmel i assume you have seen this: Pitchfork: The Dismemberment Plan Reunite. i quite enjoy the song that was on your DI of theirs.

whilst these threads have pretty much kept me interested enough to keep posting, it does dishearten me a little to hear some of the negativity regarding the band. not an attack on anyone, as that is the way you feel and that's fine, i just sort of had a few :sigh: moments.

it's u2 doing hip-hop! FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!

check out the replies on the Livenation Aus/NZ facebook page to some woman who said "why would U2 get Jay-Z to support". they're astounding.

it's funny, i used to think Roses was like, the best song of all time. now i'm discovering they were mighty good before Speakerboxxx & The Love Below :lol:

it might be my favourite Dre verse. i also love the line, "sick your duck"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom