Interference Random Music Talk Part V: A Shuttlecock by any other name...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know much about Bob
I like Subterreanean Homesick Blues though, awesome tune

Macca has been pretty crap since the early 80's
and Ringo, has he ever done anything good?

And it should be 'Tang in that case. With the apostrophe to represent the missing letters.

I don't think I ever realized the apostrophe was there. I'm stymied as to what those missing letters are. What's the missing part of 'Tang?

:huh:

Walk Hard was wildly underrated. Love that scene. The over-the-top caricatures just do it for me. Jack Black's sucked (he should have watched some Eric Idle to learn how to lampoon Macca), but Rudd, Max Fischer, and even the Mac guy were awesome.

Walk Hard was wildly underrated. Love that scene. The over-the-top caricatures just do it for me. Jack Black's sucked (he should have watched some Eric Idle to learn how to lampoon Macca), but Rudd, Max Fischer, and even the Mac guy were awesome.

I was just about to post the Bob Dylan scene for Laz, too. Walk Hard was probably the best spoof movie since the original Naked Gun. I was either chuckling the whole time or laughing out loud at certain bits, mainly anything involving Tim Meadows.

And it also helped that the songs were actually pretty good, too.

In the event an erection lasts longer than four hours.... call more ladies.

Annie just killed it. And good thing I record Conan, because Wilco wore the Nudie suits. It's funny seeing Annie and Tweeds on late night TV at the same time considering I've had nice conversations with both.

Goddamnit, this is a dark fucking period!

You know, I think it's on Netflix Instant. I'm about to put it on the ole Xbox.

I don't know if this is a bad thing, but one thing really stinging about losing the CWS is how badly I wanted to go out tonight celebrating.

"Dewey, I'm cut in half pretty bad..."

"This was a particularly bad case of somebody being cut in half."

Jesus, I love how Reilly plays teenage Dewey and just towers over everyone.

Why would that be a bad thing? That's like half the fun of winning, the other half being a satisfaction with the achievements of a group of people you've invested so much in.

Well, I just don't want to be disappointed for the wrong reasons, I guess. I'm so proud of the team (even including the player I caught masturbating seven years ago), but from a selfish standpoint, I really wanted to go downtown, drink till I'm in a coma, and sing "The Eyes of Texas" all night.

Hookah + PBR + Walk Hard is a decent consolation prize.

"You know who's got hands? THE DEVIL! And he uses 'em for holding!"

"You hear that! I'm Dewey's 12 year old girlfriend!"

Well, I just don't want to be disappointed for the wrong reasons, I guess. I'm so proud of the team (even including the player I caught masturbating seven years ago), but from a selfish standpoint, I really wanted to go downtown, drink till I'm in a coma, and sing "The Eyes of Texas" all night.

Hookah + PBR + Walk Hard is a decent consolation prize.

"You know who's got hands? THE DEVIL! And he uses 'em for holding!"

"You hear that! I'm Dewey's 12 year old girlfriend!"

Hookah is an illegal drug, you know.

theofficedrugs.jpg

I'm trying to come up with about a dozen song setlist for an acoustic performance I could potentially have coming up.

What do you guys think of this:

1. Before the Storm (original)
2. Mistaken for Strangers (The National)
3. Judgment Day (original)
4. Champagne Supernova (Oasis)
5. Loss (John Frusciante)
6. Lady Stardust (David Bowie)
7. Fireworks (original)
8. Country Feedback (R.E.M.)
9. Magic (Bruce Springsteen)
10. Nervousness (original)
11. How to Disappear Completely (Radiohead)
12. Stay (U2)
13. Say When (original)

Obviously, you guys have no idea what an original by me would sound like, but, yeah, what do you think?

I'm down with all of the covers, even though one of them leaves you open to on-stage KNIFE CRIME.

I can't get over how many funny people are in this movie. Reilly, Tim Meadows, Kristen Wiig, Craig Robinson, Harold Ramis, Chris Parnell, Jack McBrayer, Ed Helms, Jenna Fischer, Tim Bagley, Jane Lynch, Paul Rudd, Jason Schwartzman, and Jonah Hill. What a cast.

I like the list and the choice of "Lady Stardust." Good job. Although get prepared for hearing it from Laz for the "Champagne Supernova" selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom