Interference Random Movie Talk V: The Final Frontier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crucible is alright, has some great D-Day moments, but apart from that, it's not that notable. We watched it in class when we covered Puritanical America.

I just rented The Boxer starring Daniel Day-Lewis and Emily Watson. Directed by Jim Sheridan of In America fame. I know some of you guys have a serious man-crush on DDL...so have you seen this? Is it any good?

I also picked up Iron Man and The Illusionist. And The Spiderwick Chronicles.
i saw the boxer years ago, it was pretty good. not one my favourite movies ever or anything, but still good.

The Crucible is alright, has some great D-Day moments, but apart from that, it's not that notable. We watched it in class when we covered Puritanical America.

IT'S MY NAME!

Guess what, I finally found that copy of Get Shorty I bought. Still in the shrink-wrap. I know what I'm doing tonight :dancing:

I had a man crush on DDL before it was cool to have a man crush on DDL.
I thought The Crucible was great.
Although the realistic rotten teeth in the climactic scene is distracting.

And Winona was not naked enough.

I had heard 2061 was in development (I liked 2010, a lot)

Last I remember reading was Hanks bought the rights.

The need to make it before Keir and the voice of HAL is dead (if he's not already)

I had a man crush on DDL before it was cool to have a man crush on DDL.
I thought The Crucible was great.
Although the realistic rotten teeth in the climactic scene is distracting.

And Winona was not naked enough.

My man crush on DDL started after I saw Last of the Mohicans. I pretty much survive day-to-day because I felt like he was talking to me.

Nice new Avatar.

I saw The Darjeeling Limited last night, all.

My man crush on DDL started after I saw Last of the Mohicans. I pretty much survive day-to-day because I felt like he was talking to me.

Nice new Avatar.

I saw The Darjeeling Limited last night, all.

You stay alive, no matter what occurs?

What say you?

You stay alive, no matter what occurs?

What say you?

I say that I liked it and was sometimes moved by it.

I didn't necessarily need the imagery of them toting around all that luggage to get the point that they were carrying around a lot of baggage with them, but I still enjoyed that symbolism, heavy-handed or not, and smiled when they let it all go.

I totally understand why people might not have liked it, and it's not like I loved it, but I did enjoy it.

Oh most definitely, and the Kinks soundtrack made me smile.

I thought that the writing for and chemistry between the 3 brothers was excellent, probably the best since the 3 principal characters in Rushmore.

Oh most definitely, and the Kinks soundtrack made me smile.

I thought that the writing for and chemistry between the 3 brothers was excellent, probably the best since the 3 principal characters in Rushmore.

I liked Tenembaums a lot, so, I can't claim the writing was the best since Rushmore......but, I did enjoy their give and take....and, it was still odd to see Wilson and think about his suicide attempt while watching this film.

I liked Tenembaums a lot, so, I can't claim the writing was the best since Rushmore......but, I did enjoy their give and take....and, it was still odd to see Wilson and think about his suicide attempt while watching this film.

After watching Tenenbaums again recently, I think I'd say it's Anderson's most complete film to-date; and while a lot of relationships in that film work really well, I don't think they match the core relationship of the 3 in Rushmore, but that's just me. That's not as much of a knock on Darjeeling or the Tenenbaums as it is a compliment towards Rushmore.

It definitely was... and knowing that he had a hand in writing his brother's suicide sequence in Rushmore.

Nice new Avatar.

Mine was that and 'In The Name of the Father' (which I believe were back to back).

I am going to write a Romero prequel and send it to John Carpenter.

If Moe Szyslak ain't in it, count me out.

I love the fucking music in that movie.
Michael Mann is a master of fitting the right themes into his movies.

He's got a ganster film coming up with Christian Bale and Johnny Depp.
Sounds awesome to me.

Of course you guys probably know about it.

Every upcoming movie I read about is either a sequel, prequel, reboot, remake, or based on a comic book/graphic novel. Not that I am not excited about some of those, it's just I don't visit AICN or those websites as much as I used to.

Every upcoming movie I read about is either a sequel, prequel, reboot, remake, or based on a comic book/graphic novel. Not that I am not excited about some of those, it's just I don't visit AICN or those websites as much as I used to.

Any blockbuster at least.

00019504.jpg

Has anyone been talking about this at all here? If not, we probably should be. Has jumped up to become my most anticipated of the season during the past few weeks. I knew it pretty much knocked the socks off the collective audience of Telluride, but with the trailer, latest clips, this gorgeous poster... can't wait for the 12th.

Boyle isn't entirely consistent, but he's always interesting. However consensus seems to be that this is far and away his best work yet, or at least the most interest premise.

See new and upcoming movie trailers, videos, and clips from Yahoo! Movies

Of his films, I've only seen Trainspotting and Sunshine... really looking forward to 28 Days Later. I think Sunshine will be a cult classic years from now, even if the 3rd act leaves a bit of a weird taste in your mouth. That's what she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom