Interference Random Movie Talk V: The Final Frontier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
111008_watchmenexclfull.jpg

There's a demotivational poster to be made here.

Laurie's bum.

I wants to touch it.

Malin Akerman's sneaking up my Babe All-Stars list quite slowly.

We're watching The Godfather I and II in my film class and then GoodFellas... it's going to be an awesome 2-3 weeks. We just got to the part in GP1 when Michael's Italian wife blew way the fuck up.

And hey, it's the new Enterprise:

enterprise579lvm8.jpg

The main drive section looks a little too small compared to the saucer and nacelles, but damn, I do love the combo of the somewhat retro/TMP refit design.

Two things I noticed in my random viewings of my movie channels whilst bored today:

1. High Fidelity is one of my all time comfort movies, despite the presence of the insufferable Jack Black. I am Rob Gordon.

2. Walk Hard is really fucking funny.

I really wanted to love High Fidelity, but I found the main character really unlikeable.

Despite that, I really liked the book. The movie was just okay.

Did you have the same reaction to the film of About a Boy?

I can see how someone would feel Cusack is a smug prick. Because he usually is, with nice exceptions like Say Anything.

Good question - I didn't have the same reaction to About a Boy. Maybe because his smug dickiness was played more for laughs? Jon Cusack's character, on the other hand, just rubbed me the wrong way.

Every time some random actor says that movie is happening another one comes out to say it isn't. I don't believe it for a second until some concrete confirmation from the producers.

Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

Shine a Light was a good concert film, but I was expecting something as epically awesome as The Last Waltz, but it didn't deliver in that regard. I still liked it, but didn't love it.

Now I'm onto watching Let the Right One In, also known as Suck It, Twilight.

If you make another post again about an actor confirming an Arrested Development movie I will happily hunt you down and light your house on fire.

How's that?

If you make another post again about an actor confirming an Arrested Development movie I will happily hunt you down and light your house on fire.

How's that?

You drive a hard bargain, so I can't say no.

Have you or your Father seen Guy Maddin's My Winnipeg? The guys at Filmspotting were raving about it and I thought it'd be cool to check out.

Let the Right One In is insane, one of my favorites of the year thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom