Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VI: Return of Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy shit. Looks like Devastator destroying the bridge in that last scene... :hyper:

Any idea on the others? The robot what does the combat roll then transforms looks familiar but I can't place him.

I think the dog is one of the "cassette tapes", no clue on the name.

I'm a sucker for anything with Daniel Day Lewis in it, and an even bigger sucker for anything related to Japan, so I'll definitely be going to Silence.

Yeah, would've used the "I hate most people" section over the Milkshake section, but that was cool enough.

Oh, I see, what I should do is, er, come home and say "Hi honey! Guess what? I walked into this house today, where this junkie asshole just fried his baby in a microwave, because it was crying too loud. So let me share that with you. Come on, let's share that, and in sharing it, we'll somehow, er, cathartically dispel all that heinous shit". Right?

Oh, I see, what I should do is, er, come home and say "Hi honey! Guess what? I walked into this house today, where this junkie asshole just fried his baby in a microwave, because it was crying too loud. So let me share that with you. Come on, let's share that, and in sharing it, we'll somehow, er, cathartically dispel all that heinous shit". Right?

You don't live with me, you live among the remains of dead people. You sift through the detritus, you read the terrain, you search for signs of passing, for the scent of your prey, and then you hunt them down. That's the only thing you're committed to. The rest is the mess you leave as you pass through.

You don't live with me, you live among the remains of dead people. You sift through the detritus, you read the terrain, you search for signs of passing, for the scent of your prey, and then you hunt them down. That's the only thing you're committed to. The rest is the mess you leave as you pass through.

You could get killed out walking your doggie!

Hey, it's Jude! Gender bender Law plays supermodel Minx in new film | Mail Online

article-0-034B09EA000005DC-314_468x439.jpg

Hopes are raised for Bridgette Lin comeback; leads Tony Leong and Jay Chou to act in 'First Generation Master' - AsianFanatics Forum

Bridgette Lin (林青霞), whom has been retired from the entertainment industry, has finally reappeared in the spotlight again. Wong Kar Wai (王家卫) is going to be directing a new movie, 'First Generation Master 一代宗师', and is planning for three big shots to be in it: Bridgette Lin, Tony Leung (梁朝伟), and Jay Chou (周杰伦). If this pairing is successful, it will definitely be this year's most anticipated Chinese movie.

According to Taiwan's 'United Daily News', Bridgette Lin's come back is definitely not just a dream for her many fans. There are rumours that for Wong Kar Wai's new movie, 'First Generation Master', he had invited her to be the main female lead. The type of character is kept a secret, but it will be fresh and interesting, having to do with a woman masquerading as a man. That, added to the script and cast, really tempted Bridgette Lin.

'First Generation Master' is a movie that Wong Kar Wai announced that he would film four years ago. At the start, it was planned that Tony Leong would act as a martial arts master, 'Ye Wen 叶问'. Because this is a true story, and needed to be thought through very carefully, Tony Leung first accepted John Woo's (吴宇森) offer to star in 'Red Cliff 赤壁'. Later on, he started to concentrate on preparing for the role, even hiring a martial arts expert to teach him, and he would practice every Friday.

Wong Kar Wai has never filmed a martial arts movie before, and in order to make the martial arts moves look more steady, he went to Beijing last year and consulted 'Beggar So 苏乞儿's director Yuan He Ping (袁和平). He invited him to be the martial arts director for the movie, and even met Jay Chou, and now he hopes that Jay would be able to act in 'First Generation Master'.

Wu Si Yuan (吴思远), who has directed other films such as 'Song Dynasty 宋家皇朝' and 'New Dragon Inn 新龙门客栈' in Mainland China, has been invited to be in the production team for 'First Generation Master'. Last year when he attended Taiwan's Golden Horse Awards, he revealed that he knew long ago that Wong Kar Wai was looking to invite Jay Chou to act as Ye Wen's disciple, Bruce Lee (李小龙).

Jay's company, JVR Records, expressed that the producers of 'First Generation Master' had indeed invited Jay to star in it, but in the next half of the year, Jay will be busy filming the movie 'Ci Ling 刺陵'. Next year, he will be working on his next album, and there is a possibility that he would start another concert tour. Right now, it looks like time is preventing Jay from starring in the film.

After filming '2046' in 2004, Wong Kar Wai hasn't filmed a mandarin movie till now. 'First Generation Master' will be a new milestone in his career. This is his first time filming a martial arts film, and it will be taken from a true story. If he is successful in getting Bridgette Lin to end her retirement to film her 101st movie, and pairing her together with Jay Chou, whom she admires, with Tony Leung as well, 'First Generation Master' will truly become a legend.

Woah.

Wooooah.

WOAH.

Big news here being Bridgette Lin's comeback, let alone in a WKW film.

Article is sort of wonky in translation, many names altered a bit here and there as well. And apparently they don't count Ashes of Time as a martial arts film? Whatever. I'm a little concerned about bringing in the martial arts director and producer. Makes me feel a little too "traditional-chinese-martial-arts-flick" for WKW. Though I know it will be anything but.

I can't wait for this.... ahhhhh.

I really didn't like the Black Freighter bits of the novel.

I did love the Hollis Mason (right?) segments though, which I hear are being filmed for stuff on the DVD too.

Butler is clearly a worthless commodity as long as he's not shirtless and screaming.

Seen lots of Watchmen posters and advertising in theatres everywhere here in Australia... Haven't seen a trailer, but there are those massive cardboard advertisements and of course the posters.

Back
Top Bottom