Interference Fantasy Baseball?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
form i may, form i will, form i have

league name: Interference Fantasy Baseball
league ID#: 30451
password: theedge

--trade deadline: august 29th
--unlimited trades
--trades will be approved or disallowed by the commissioner... any protests to a move can be made right here in this thread
--you have two days to protest a trade after it's made
--we have a max of 12 teams for now... i can add more if more are interested
--positions: C,1B,2B,3B,SS, 3OF, 2UTL, 3SP, 2RP, 3P, 2DL, 5BENCH
for a total of 25 players per roster... just like in the bigs :hyper:
--stats: RUNS, HITS, HRs, RBIs, SB, AVG, WINS, SHUTOUTS, SAVES, HITS, WALKS, STRIKEOUTS, ERA

if a mod could change the title of this thread from "Interference Fantasy Baseball?" to "Interference Fantasy Baseball!; Sign up now!" it would make me a very happy man.

Last edited:
Looks good. Thanks for setting up.

My team, BAMFers, is looking to add on to the champonship I won in Football this year!

Last edited:
we've already been filled to our max of 2, so i have opened up TWO more spots, bringing the max up to 14. if at the end of the week those spots haven't been filled, i'll shrink it back to 2 and set the draft date. if those spots fill quickly, i'll add another spot and wait and see for a few days if anyone else joins.

as for the suggestions for a 5&5 league, statwise, it's a do-able option. what does everyone else think? happy with the current stats, or want it a simple 5&5? let me know soon so i can change things around

Well, I suggested the 5x5, not so much for the simplicity, although that is nice. But more so for the value of stats, having shutouts as a stat highly elevates only a select # of pitchers. Last year the league lead was 3 in the NL, 2 in the AL.
And for hits and walks, WHIP is a better gauge for these two put together imo. I dont mind hits for batters, but having the same # of categories for each makes it even. If there are more pitching categories than hitting, everyone should take all the stud pitchers first. Because they have a greater effect on the chance of you winning.

Just my 2 cents....

I really wanted to join, but I have two teams already...I don't want to overload myself and be that guy who just lets his team sit there and do nothing....good luck, though!

in case ya didn't notice... the draft has been completed...

The first round...

1. WrigleyvilleGumshoes- Pedro Martinez
2. Chutes too narrow- Alex Rodriguez
3. I hate the Yankees- Mark Prior
4. Sligomen- Curt Schiling
5. PujolyShit- Albert Pujols
6. AnaheimSkateMuthas- Vladamir Guerrero
7. My Team Always Sucks- Todd Helton
8. Green Monsters- Alfonso Soriano
9. ImRickJamesBiatch- Barry Bonds & a conditional hyperdemic needle :wink:
10. Eagles- Nomar Garciapara
11. BAMfers- Sammy Sosa
12. Hewsons Foul Balls- Gary Sheffield

2nd Round...

13. Hewsons Foul Balls- Eric Gagne
14. BAMfers- Randy Johnson
15. Eagles- Carlos Beltran
16. ImRickJamesBiatch- Brett Boone
17. Green Monsters- Edgar Renteria
18. My Team Always Sucks- Roy Halladay
19. AnaheimSkateMuthas- Kerry Wood
20. PujolyShit- Carlos Delgado
21. Sligomen- Bill Mueller
22. I hate the Yankees- Manny Ramirez
23. Chutes too narrow- Jim Thome
24. WrigleyvilleGumshoes- John Smoltz

The rest of the results can be found on the League's page...

The Steal of the draft: Chizip signing on right after the draft ended at like 2:30 in the morning and snagging rookie shortstop kazuo matsui before i did :madspit:

The Team most likely to run out of Injured List spots: ChutesTooNarrow... Giambi with no roids,Jim Edmonds, Kevin Brown, Phil Nevin & Ken Griffey Jr.

The Team that gave too many people playing the same position high rankings: Tie... MyTeamAlwaysSucks (3 of first 4 picks were first basemen) & Wrigleyville Gumshoes... (first 8 picks were pitchers)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Wrigleyville Gumshoes... (first 8 picks were pitchers)

yes...I overloaded my draft order with pitchers...but still was able to draft a decent team.

AND....I have an impressive rotation...good pitching can cancel out lousy offensive production. [/famouslastwords]

hehe... I have pretty much what will be the Angels' opening day roster minus Bartolo, Percival, Shields and a few no-name relievers and bench players.

The only thing I'm wondering: does yahoo account for the fact that some players are changing positions this year from last? Yahoo has me playing Erstad as a CF but he will be playing 1B and Garrett Anderson will be playing center. I want to play Erstad as my first baseman in this league. :der:

pub, after a player plays 15 games at a new position this year, then it will be added as a position they can play

Thanks, Chiz. :)

Hmmm, I better come up with a strategy to make up for the fact that I will have an inactive Garrett Anderson and Darin Erstad for the first 15 games of the season. :scream:

Back
Top Bottom