Hung, Thailand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even when he went on public transport? :sad:

That was pretty good.

But whenever he took a car on a lap around the track? That was a handy toilet break back when Top Gear was SBS and didn't have a million and one ads.

I liked (and still do) the fact that he listens to Morse Code.

My favourite TG episode of recent times was when they reviewed cars of the communist era. Jeremy's pronounciation of Zaporizhets was hilarious, "Zh-zh-zeh". :laugh:

I always found the Stig gags too forced, to be honest. There were moments of brilliance, but if they decide not to replace him, I can't say I'll be mourning the loss.

Hammond and May are the real stars of the show.

A dog in each car. LOVE IT. :laugh:

Jeremy with a Great Dane, Hammond with a Wolfhound and May with a bloody St. Bernard!

Jeremy - "What a miserable looking dog"
May - "That's its normal face!"

More so the way they said it that made it so hilarious.

:lmao:

I love how the St. Bernard wouldn't fit in the car. You call that a BOOT?

I always found the Stig gags too forced, to be honest. There were moments of brilliance, but if they decide not to replace him, I can't say I'll be mourning the loss.

Hammond and May are the real stars of the show.

Agreed. I generally only liked the Stig when he wasn't pushing a car around the track - so basically when he went on public transport, turned up in the various countries to do some random thing, and opened the festival while the three of them were arguing.

I think my comp's CD/DVD drive is broken. :(

I put a disc in, it whirs, but precisely sod-all-else happens. The rest of the computer doesn't even seem to think the DVD drive is even there. I wonder if something got jostled when I moved it... And I drove so carefully, too.

*annoyed*

I think my comp's CD/DVD drive is broken. :(

I put a disc in, it whirs, but precisely sod-all-else happens. The rest of the computer doesn't even seem to think the DVD drive is even there. I wonder if something got jostled when I moved it... And I drove so carefully, too.

*annoyed*

I just put a suggestion on your facebooks to open up the case and check if anything's gotten loose... otherwise, smack it, it sometimes helps.

Thanks U-Wen... I tried restarting it at least! I've never fiddled with its innards personally, I'm not sure if I'd know where to put something back if it was loose. But can't hurt to have a look. :)

Hooray! :up:

I reckon you're more concerned about learning the subject matter than most call centre staff would be, which is a good thing.

Also, tacky t-shirt shopping should be taking place on Sunday.

I guess. I really did want to do better though.

Ooh! Huzzah! I've been diligently knitting away. Hopefully I'll get it done before Aussie fall/winter.

Yes, although I feel all three are equal. As much as you may love/hate Jeremy (I'm with the former).

The thing with Clarkson is that he's too self-consciously playing the role of the lead star. Hammond is actually funny, while May knows his shit - and not just about cars. Clarkson's good to laugh at, while Hammond and May are good to laugh with.

Hammond and May seem like they're a lot of fun. Hammond reminds me of Tennant and I'm not sure why. Perhaps the accent.

Clarkson seems like the bloke who could host an infomercial. Not unlike how he did in my dream last night. Jeremy Clarkson was selling a DVD set of my dreams. Every one that I've ever had. It even included a bonus disc of dreams I haven't had yet. I also dreamt two actual commercials for Home Depot and Sherwin-Williams paint.

The moral of the story? Don't fall asleep watching Top Gear and roll over on the remote changing it to Home and Garden TV.

Clarkson seems like the bloke who could host an infomercial. Not unlike how he did in my dream last night. Jeremy Clarkson was selling a DVD set of my dreams. Every one that I've ever had. It even included a bonus disc of dreams I haven't had yet. I also dreamt two actual commercials for Home Depot and Sherwin-Williams paint.

:lmao:

Brilliant.

Where is John when you need him? I've been meaning to ask him to register me on the Ocean Of Noise, so I can post my review of Little Earthquakes.

I'm just disappointed I can't remember the dream I had last night. All I recall is that it was some epic saga that went through a million twists and turns and was terribly interesting. I briefly woke up and thought "god, what a dream!" and then went back to sleep and now I can't remember a single scene. Fail.

The thing with Clarkson is that he's too self-consciously playing the role of the lead star. Hammond is actually funny, while May knows his shit - and not just about cars. Clarkson's good to laugh at, while Hammond and May are good to laugh with.

Lead star, or lead arsehole. Either way. :wink:

Hammond and May seem like they're a lot of fun. Hammond reminds me of Tennant and I'm not sure why. Perhaps the accent.

The moral of the story? Don't fall asleep watching Top Gear and roll over on the remote changing it to Home and Garden TV.

:lol: That's fantastic. And you could skip through the bonus disc and avoid the dreams you don't want to have...

I'm just disappointed I can't remember the dream I had last night. All I recall is that it was some epic saga that went through a million twists and turns and was terribly interesting. I briefly woke up and thought "god, what a dream!" and then went back to sleep and now I can't remember a single scene. Fail.

Oh dear. :(

I had something interesting going on about an alien world last night, but then it changed to something boring about people trying to win mountain bikes by dashing across intertidal rocks before a wave washes them away.

I love it when my brain comes up with random shit. To explain what's currently tickling my funny bone, though, would take an hour and several visual aides.

ETA: I just bit a whole in my cheek stopping myself from laughing out loud in a quiet room with no external stimulus that would induce laughter which would then make me appear to be a lunatic. Bleeding cheek is really probably not the better alternative here. Now if you'll excuse me, I've overdosed on timtams and my stomach reckons it is time to throw up. Very well then.

Back
Top Bottom