How's this for revenge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randhail

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Mouse tossed into fire sets house ablaze

Items compiled from Tribune news services
Published January 9, 2006

FT. SUMNER, NEW MEXICO -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Ft. Sumner said he caught the mouse in his house..

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there.

No one was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

I don't mean to sound like some PETA freak or something, but why is it that nobody seems to care that this guy threw some poor mouse into a fire? :shrug: Eh, I guess he got more than he bargained for anyway when the little thing burned his house up.

Wow!
Thats just..........quite a story!

( i've been known to take live mice outside knowing very well that they may end up back in my house anyway........but I would never try to burn one alive :( )

clarityat3am said:
I don't mean to sound like some PETA freak or something, but why is it that nobody seems to care that this guy threw some poor mouse into a fire? :shrug: Eh, I guess he got more than he bargained for anyway when the little thing burned his house up.

I felt bad for the mouse :(. That was just stupid :rolleyes:

I'm not really sure if I should have sympathy for vermin. You have to draw the line somewhere, I suppose. Is setting it on fire any different to having the thing get its insides crushed in a mousetrap and sufficating/bleeding to death?

Canadiens1160 said:
Is setting it on fire any different to having the thing get its insides crushed in a mousetrap and sufficating/bleeding to death?

I see your point, but my God, there has to be a more humane way to dispose of a creature than burning it to death. I mean, that's just sick. If the guy wanted to get rid of the thing so badly, he could have captured it in a box and deposited it a few blocks away. That way, the poor thing isn't incinerated and his house doesn't go up in flames.

Ah, karma...

clarityat3am said:

It's a friggin' mouse.

GibsonGirl said:

I see your point, but my God, there has to be a more humane way to dispose of a creature than burning it to death. I mean, that's just sick. If the guy wanted to get rid of the thing so badly, he could have captured it in a box and deposited it a few blocks away. That way, the poor thing isn't incinerated and his house doesn't go up in flames.

Ah, karma...
So the karma equivilant of setting a mouse on fire, hmm....

I suppose he'll be late for work or something? :wink:

Unbelievable!

It sounds to me like you care more about a mouse than the man's house! (that ryhmes)

The old man wasn't malicious in his killing of the mouse. He just tossed it in to the fire. It's not like he was purposely torchering it. What should have he done, had memorial service for it? What should have he done to kill it?

The point is that he didn't have to kill it. Since when is throwing a living creature into a fire not malicious? Nobody said we didn't care about the man's house, either.

I have a rodent phobia, but that is awful to do. :( I found a mouse in my house a few months ago. It wasn't the most pleasant experience, but I got it out of my house and took it to the wooded area across the street from me.

And what if this was a dog or a cat? I don't think people would be saying "It's just a dog!" :|

clarityat3am said:
The point is that he didn't have to kill it. Since when is throwing a living creature into a fire not malicious? Nobody said we didn't care about the man's house, either.

Being a home owner, I can understand the need to exterminate mice from homes. If you catch a mouse in your home a let it go play in the flowers, it is bound to return to reproduce inside the home. Killing mice is a duty of all homeowners.

Poor little guy. :(

And poor house! :(

This is why stupid people shouldn't be allowed to do stupid things.

...mm...roast mice...:drool:

DeadMansParty said:
torchering?
Torturing.
Being burned = Torture.

"torch"ering. An obvious play on words because the discussion involved burning(torching) a mouse.

Nice try though :wink:

There is a mouse problem in our neighborhood and in our house. Nothing like walking into your home to the smell of a rotting mouse because it fell between the rafters inside your house. Sorry gang, but we set traps and kill mice all the time. I dislike them and do not have sympathy for them. They eat holes through the drywall causing a lot damage to parts of the house. If we were to let every live mouse out into the woods they will be back to cause more damage to our house or to our neighbors.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
There is a mouse problem in our neighborhood and in our house. Nothing like walking into your home to the smell of a rotting mouse because it fell between the rafters inside your house. Sorry gang, but we set traps and kill mice all the time. I dislike them and do not have sympathy for them. They eat holes through the drywall causing a lot damage to parts of the house. If we were to let every live mouse out into the woods they will be back to cause more damage to our house or to our neighbors.

Finally, someone who shares my view!

I was starting to think that I was an extremist.

boosterjuice said:

Finally, someone who shares my view!

I was starting to think that I was an extremist.

Your extreme view is that you don't seem to care that he threw a live animal into a fire. I never said that mice couldn't cause damage to homes if not controlled. My point was that the guy didn't have any regard for what he was doing. I can't think of a worse way to die, being burned alive. The argument here isn't about the need for rodent control, it was just that the way this man went about it seems pretty inhumane.

clarityat3am said:
The argument here isn't about the need for rodent control, it was just that the way this man went about it seems pretty inhumane.

Good point.

I dont particularly care for mice or rats but there has to be a more humane way of disposing them rather than burning them alive.

boosterjuice said:

"torch"ering. An obvious play on words because the discussion involved burning(torching) a mouse.

Nice try though :wink:

it was a nice try, cause it doesnt make your statement make sense.

It could be successfully argued that throwing a live mouse on a fire is not a humane way of disposing of the creature. It could also be successfully argued (now, certainly) that it's not the most efficient way of disposing of the creature.

It could also be successfully argued that being played with, sliced, batted about and gnawed upon is not the most humane way of disposing of a mouse. But my cat does that with mice all the time.

I'm assuming that this 81-year-old man who has now lost his home and everything in it will never again make the mistake of throwing a live mouse into a fire.

Can you imagine explaining this to your insurance agent?

Livi

Back
Top Bottom