Guided by Voices (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squid

The Fly
guided by Guided by Voices

Anyone here into this band? I've been thinking about buying one of their CDs, but I don't really know which one. Everyone here seems to have great musical taste (especially those who responded to my Pavement thread :wink: ) and I'd like to get your opinions. Suggest away!

I dont have any of their albums but I have quite a few songs downloaded. I really like some of them.

The songs I have and like are in alphabetical order:

Chasing Heather Crazy
Game of Pricks
Glad Girls
I Am a Scientist (awesome song)
Teenage FBI (AMAZING song)

Guided are good, they are local to me from Dayton, Ohio, so we have known of them for quite some time now, matter of fact they are playing a Earth Day festival that I will be attending.......free show....:up:

their "Alien Lanes" album is phenomenal
"Under the Bushes, Under the Stars" is very good

I'm not that crazy about what they have released since those two albums though

Guided by Voices

I'm looking for info on this band, are they well known here? I hear they were garage and indy until recently and are almost as old as U2. I like their latest album Earthquake Glue. Are there any fans here and what can you tell me about their other stuff please?

their albums "Alien Lanes" and "Under the bushes, under the stars" are 2 of my most fave albums from the 90's

I don't really care that much for what they've done since
Pollard will always be a very talented songwriter though

Guided by Voices mainly is Robbert Pollard

I don't think many of the musicians who played on the 90's albums are still in the band

The best band ever (well one of them at least:sexywink: )

Check out Alien Lanes, its a classic album. The more recent ones Earthquake Glue and Universal Truths And Cycles are superb as well.:yes:

These are good songs to download:

Unspirited
As We Go Up, We Go Down
Everywhere With Helicopter
Chasing Heather Crazy
Hot Freaks
My Valuable Hunting Knife

I'm a bif fan, but I never see anyone talking about them which is amazing to mw considering the quality of their output.. Bravo this thread!:yes: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom