Golden Globe Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:
Whatevs. Hugh Laurie didn't deserve it.

And Kiefer has won a couple of Golden Globes, right?

The real winner here is Michael C. Hall, guys.

:yes: I just recently watched Dexter and he is just great in it. What a complex character to play, and he does it so well. I can't wait for season 2!

love2bmama said:
:yes: I just recently watched Dexter and he is just great in it. What a complex character to play, and he does it so well. I can't wait for season 2!

:up: :up:

And how about that season finale :drool:

Such a brilliant series. October (or whatever month it is when Showtime premieres their fall shows) can't come soon enough.

MrsSpringsteen said:

r1084207070.jpg

Is that Adam Savage from Mythbusters? :hmm:

Queen Bee said:

:up: :up:

And how about that season finale :drool:

Such a brilliant series. October (or whatever month it is when Showtime premieres their fall shows) can't come soon enough.

I'm really looking forward to it! I watched all of Season 1 pretty much in one fell swoop, it was so good. I never thought I'd like a serial killer so much, lol!

I haven't seen too much but i loved Little Miss Sunshine.I also hope Jennifer Hudson wins a golden globe for Dreamgirls

*not reading spoilers*

The women are in particularly hideous dresses this year.

One of the best dressed: Drew Barrymore

One of the worst: Sienna Miller :yikes: The hair, the dress, the whole thing :yuck:

i thought Forrest Whittaker was very endearing.

need to see that movie.

other than that, everything pretty much went as expected.

:yawn:

but, still, what a great year for British acting and Mexican directing. very cool. :up:

I thought Drew Barrymore looked the best I've ever seen her look-gorgeous. She's so adorable. Angelina looked stunning, seeing her attitude towards Ryan Seacrest was, um, interesting. She comes across in a certain way sometimes, I'll just leave it at that..maybe she's really just shy.

Babel beat The Departed just like I thought it would, it will probably win the Oscar too :slant: Hopefully Scorsese will win the Oscar too.

Helen Mirren looked hot, how do her breasts look like that? Lots o built in support and tape :wink: And that necklace was incredible :drool: She is amazing in The Queen, I loved that movie.

America Ferrara was so deserving of that award. I just want to hug her.

Um..

cameron_diaz200.jpg

The way she was posing was so embarrassing

beyonce200.jpg

The girl from Babel

rinko_kikuchi2.jpg

I love Cate but I didn't like this. She still looks great though

cate_blanchett2.jpg

Kate Winslet looked beautiful too

cate_blanchette200.jpg

:cute:

america_ferrera2.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering about those puzzle pins

Why are all of the celebrities wearing blue puzzle pieces? What do they stand for?

NBC stars such as Tina Fey, Steve Carell and Alec Baldwin (left) hit the red carpet wearing blue pins to raise awareness for Autism Speaks, a favorite charity of NBC Universal chairman and CEO Bob Wright, who has a grandchild with the disorder.

MrsSpringsteen said:

The way she was posing was so embarrassing

beyonce200.jpg

:yes: She needs to get over herself. OK. You're pretty. We get it!

I'm so glad Forest Whitaker won! :applaud: He was so amazing

Queen Bee said:
Whatevs. Hugh Laurie didn't deserve it.

And Kiefer has won a couple of Golden Globes, right?

The real winner here is Michael C. Hall, guys.

OMG... YOU GOT IT SISTAH!! Michael C. Hall should of won than one hands down! Loved him in Six Feet Under and love him even more on Dexter.!! What a show! I can't get enough of it.

Highlights for me were: Sacha Baron Cohen (he is fuckin hilarious and was last nite :lmao: ) , Marty S. winning, Ugly Betty and America winning, Forrest Whitaker and Eddie Murphy winning one, Clint Eastwood's win.

I cant get over his accent when he speaks in real life.
It has to be difficult to speak in an 'american' accent.

Well I'm glad he won. He rockz my sockz.

not saying he didn't but.. IMO.. Dexter is a better show and character (very complex/layered) and Michael C. Hall pulls it off so well..
Here's a snippet of his character/show summary..

During the day, Dexter Morgan is a jovial employee in the Miami Metropolitan Police Depoartment's crime lab, but his meticulously crafted life masks his true nature. In reality Dexter is a disciplined and murderous psychopath (a self-admitted "monster"), and he slakes his bloodlust at night by carefully killing the serial killers he tracks down during the day.

I love Drew Barrymore, but she went overboard with the tan. :(

I'm surprised "Babel" won - didn't it get fairly mixed reviews? But yay for Alec Baldwin, Ugly Betty, America Ferrera, Jennifer Hudson, and Sacha Baron Cohen! And Meryl Streep - I love her acceptance speeches.

Oh, and Helen Mirren is a goddess.

Don't fret over Hugh Laurie's win - Kiefer will win the Emmy.

I was almost bummed about The Office not winning, but Ugly Betty is great, so I was okay with it.

Sicy said:
I cant get over his accent when he speaks in real life.
It has to be difficult to speak in an 'american' accent.

Seriously! :lol:

Actually, I'm used to hearing him speak in the most British of accents on TV comedies like BlackAdder and Jeeves And Wooster. The first time I heard his American accent on House, I found it very weird.

I whooped so loudly when Jennifer Hudson won that my cat freaked out and darted out of the room. I adored Ms. Hudson's speech, so heartfelt, humble, and gracious.

Speaking of heartfelt, humble, and gracious, I also love America Ferrara's speech. I've liked her ever since I saw her in "Real Women Have Curves."

Speaking of curves, both Jennifer and America looked gorgeous. They prove that you don't have to be an anorexic blonde outfitted by Rachel Zoe to be considered attractive. I want both of these stunning ladies to have long, substantial careers.

I laughed so much during Sacha Baron Cohen's speech. And I liked how his co-star played along. And damn, Sacha is a tall, and good-looking, drink of water.

I don't watch "House", but Hugh Laurie also gave a great speech.

I wanted Steve Carell to win best actor for a comedy, but Alec Baldwin is terrific on "30 Rock." And though my heart is with "The Office", "Ugly Betty" is also a very good show.

To me, "Grey's Anatomy" is "Melrose Place" in scrubs, just a big pile of meh.

I was happy about "Dreamgirls" winning best motion picture comedy or musical, but I really have a special place in my heart for "Little Miss Sunshine." Then again, you just can't compare the two (other than they are both excellent). "Dreamgirls" is an over-the-top musical extravaganza, and "Little Miss Sunshine" is a touching slice of life about a dysfunctional family.

I want to be Helen Mirren when I grow up.

And are we going to discuss the Golden Globe fashions in further depth? I think Vanessa Williams' hair needed its own zip code.

Golightly Grrl said:
I think Vanessa Williams' hair needed its own zip code.

:lol: She's so beautiful too, I don't understand why some of those women listen to those stylists :huh:

I thought J Lo looked great, this isn't the best pic but..

capt.2495da2afbf540129d0db872530315b3.golden_globes_press_room_carg209.jpg

I didn't like Hilary's hair, just didn't think it was the most flattering for her. She's gotten so skinny now too, what happened to that voluptuous (by Hollywood standards) body? :(

r103309151.jpg

What about Reese in yellow and short, and her new hair?

capt.2bc1f6c775a94f029f6ceef16f4cf429.golden_globes_press_room_carg201.jpg

She always looks great, not my fave look on her but she wears everything so well

jennifer_garner.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Emily looked very pretty, that's quite a dress. Her bf is Michael Buble, that's him behind her.

capt.0fe63c7f04c14558b52bf19c4a4718b9.golden_globes_arrivals____cakj135.jpg

I didn't like Evangeline Lilly's dress (I can't find a full shot of it)

And I didn't think Eddie Murphy should have won :silent: not that he wasn't good in Dreamgirls. But I think I might have picked Mark Wahlberg over him.

I think Babel will be this year's Crash and The Departed will suffer because of that.

Last edited:
^^ I also thought Mark Wahlberg should have got the award.

Emily Blunt looked great. Reese looked adorable. I loved her longer hair. Beyonce did look fantastic, but I'm so tired of her.

Worst dressed for me is a tie between Sienna Miller and Vanessa Williams.

Back
Top Bottom