Genesis Reunion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

Anyway, the only Genesis album I've listened to and love is We Can't Dance. Other than that, I've only heard Turn It On Again - The Hits! I'm so late. :|

:ohmy: The Prog Island Game will make you fall in love Gabriel's Genesis. Supper's Ready, Colony Of Slippermen, Return Of The Giant Hogweed, Firth Of Fifth, Can-Utility and The Cinema Show :drool: :drool: :drool:

Home By The Sea is an excellent song. I tend to like their somewhat longer tunes. In addition to Home By The Sea, my favorites would probably be Domino, Driving The Last Spike and Mama.

Looking forward to this show. One of my good friends is a huge fan so I'm definately going. Should be a good show, I saw them on the last tour in 1992 and it was a good. Of course I was in the middle of Zoo TV at that time so Genesis suffered in comparison. Another cool thing is they are doing Music Live for at least the Euro shows at this point. I hope they continue that for N. America. Would love to be able to purchase a board recording of the show I attend.

Last edited:
:hi5:

Did anyone include 'In The Cage' on the desert island prog tracklist :sad: There needs to be more Lamb material. :love:

BTW, there is a spoiler set list floating on the web from the Brussels rehearsal show this week. And more clips I believe. Spoilers here: http://turnitonagain.net/spoilers/

Lila64 said:
Will you buy me tickets :flirt:
We can discuss our similiar taste in men too! :drool:

\mindless rants, don't mind us :whistle:

Fly on out! I'll get tix :wink: Then we can argue who's hotter and eat sno-caps. ( As I recall you liked those as well :wink: )

one4u2 said:

Fly on out! I'll get tix :wink: Then we can argue who's hotter and eat sno-caps. ( As I recall you liked those as well :wink: )

Have her check Spirit Airlines. $96 roundtrip from Vegas to Atlantic City this fall :ohmy:

That sucks. :sad: I think they're going to get back with Peter next year & will definitely play Seattle .:pray:

Last edited:
hardyharhar said:
That sucks. :sad: I think they're going to get back with Peter next year & will definitely play Seattle .:pray:

Well, they originally asked Peter to join them on this tour, and Peter said he was interested but that he had prior committments through 2007, so he wouldn't be able to tour until 2008.

So here's hoping! :pray: /fingers crossed

There's a 3 or 4 disc box set out (came out a few years ago) and it has a show where they played the entire Lamb Lies Down On Broadway from start to finish. Turns out, my Dad was at that show!!!! I got it for him as a birthday or Father's Day present whenever it came out, and he was SOOOO happy to have that show he was at on cd.

:D

That would be this:

07567828582.jpg

Lila64 said:
Fitz - can you even imagine this :drool:

Hardyharhar probably saw the original Genesis. I think :scratch:

Lila is right, I did. And if the box set show is from the LA Shrine Auditorium, I was there with Fitz's dad. :wink:

Spoiler Alert for the Set List if anyone is interested. Not sure if it's been posted yet but here is the link from Wiki -

The 24 songs expected to be played on the UK part of the tour have been hinted at by Nick Davis following rehearsals in Cossonay, Switzerland. Of the final setlist, the long-time Genesis producer posted in the Official Genesis Website forum [2] on May 01, 2007, 08:29:04 AM "I'd say it is about 90% finalized on what is being played and 75% in what running order."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turn_It_On_Again:_The_Tour#Set_list

Screwtape2 said:

:drool: I love that box set.

The only problem was that Peter re-recorded some of the Lamb vocals which hurt some of the songs.

I think the only way he can redeem himself of this is to get back with the band and perform it in it's entirety. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom