For Cat Lovers Only XII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto doesn't climb on our kitchen counters. Never has. Maybe it's too much weight for him to carry himself/jump to it :lol: . He does on occasion jump on the dining room table, though he may do that with a step up from a chair. He can see out the window that way, or perhaps jump onto the ledge to look out closely. There's also a tablecloth on the table. I :love: my Otto!

When Pita was still around she was the exact same way. One time I actually picked her up and placed her on the counter to do something or 'nother. Anywho when I plopped her up there she acted as if she was scared of heights?!? Cats scared of heights?!?

My biggest fear, hurricane heading this way, possibly. Even if it goes slightly west we will still get hurricane force winds. Not concerned about flooding, but what to do with the cats is a big concern.
There are no structures capable of handling a category 4 storm here in Mobile. At cat 3 Governor Riley initiates a mandatory evacuation of the city. My sister and I have (confirmed) reservations up north, but she can't bring her dogs and I can't bring my cats.
I have the bathroom (tub) prepared, and stragetic places for the cats to eat and use and hide and 3 litter boxes. I am really worried this is going to be bad, unless it changes course suddendly.
Keep your fingers crossed and all the others that are so inclined, say a prayer for everyone on the Gulf Coast.
Looking at the traffic heading out of New Orleans, and our Governor is ready to turn the interstate's one way, out, when it gets into the Gulf. There are no hotels from here to Memphis. :ohmy:

My biggest fear, hurricane heading this way, possibly. Even if it goes slightly west we will still get hurricane force winds. Not concerned about flooding, but what to do with the cats is a big concern.
There are no structures capable of handling a category 4 storm here in Mobile. At cat 3 Governor Riley initiates a mandatory evacuation of the city. My sister and I have (confirmed) reservations up north, but she can't bring her dogs and I can't bring my cats.
I have the bathroom (tub) prepared, and stragetic places for the cats to eat and use and hide and 3 litter boxes. I am really worried this is going to be bad, unless it changes course suddendly.
Keep your fingers crossed and all the others that are so inclined, say a prayer for everyone on the Gulf Coast.
Looking at the traffic heading out of New Orleans, and our Governor is ready to turn the interstate's one way, out, when it gets into the Gulf. There are no hotels from here to Memphis. :ohmy:

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Sue, and with all of the folks in the area. May you all be well! :hug:

Best of luck to you and your family. I hope your kitties will be okay in your absence too :hug:

Best of luck to you and your family. I hope your kitties will be okay in your absence too :hug:

Thank you lwsh.. and everyone else.
Latest report is 138 miles per hour (sustained winds) Cat 4.
This a most disturbing.

I have a bathtub ready for my cat's with egg-crate mattress and food and water nearby. In the most interior part of the apartment.
We should all be OK.

Stil, I'm freaking out :wink:

Oh Sue, I'm sending good thoughts your way and hope the storm weakens before it hits. I hate that if you have to evacuate you'll have to leave your kitties (and your sister her dogs). If I lived closer (ok, since I live in Ohio I would have to live a lot closer) I would certainly offer to take in your pets for a while. :(

I'll be thinking about you. :hug:

omg sue! hang in there and all the prayers that i can muster are with you and your family. Sounds like you have a good set up for the kitties. I am sure they will be ok.:hug: I totally understand ur stressing out..

take care and keep in touch.

Prayers and good thoughts to you and yours. Since I moved to Florida 2.5 years ago, I've not been here when a larger storm hits. We'd all have to huddle in DH's closet, I think!!

Hope that nasty Gustav slows DOWN. :hug:

Bela as taken control of my chair...

bellaonchair.jpg

Listen girls, do any of you have main outdoor cats, (or cats that sometimes spend time outdoor), and perhaps is your garden well secure all way round that they cannot get out? Or can they get out and not back in very well? Or have you catflaps/holes, etc? I ask because if there has ever been catfights, did the cat chasing your cat follow it back in to garden through hole/catflap etc ?

Make sense? :yikes:

We may have to do this, and a cat has picked on both our cats twice recently.

Some of you may remember Matti, my grandparents' kitty - I have posted pics of him here. I just got the worst news: Matti had been hit by a car and he'd been so badly injured that the vet had to put him down. The poor baby never even saw his first birthday. I'm in a shock and I can't even imagine how sad my grandparents are, especially my grandma as Matti was so important for her. :sad:

So RIP Matti, you were so important for all of us and you will always have a special place in our hearts :heart:

P8100082.jpg

I'm so sorry Ava. Matti was a beautiful and obviously much loved kitty. :sad: :hug:

Zoey being a little hooker again...

zoeyboohooker09-08.jpg

zoeyboo209-08.jpg

zoeyboo09-08.jpg

And Saki whom I love to wake up from a nap so I can take pictures of him yawning :giggle:

sakibeanzyawn29-08.jpg

sakibeanzyawn9-08.jpg

Some of you may remember Matti, my grandparents' kitty - I have posted pics of him here. I just got the worst news: Matti had been hit by a car and he'd been so badly injured that the vet had to put him down. The poor baby never even saw his first birthday. I'm in a shock and I can't even imagine how sad my grandparents are, especially my grandma as Matti was so important for her. :sad:

So RIP Matti, you were so important for all of us and you will always have a special place in our hearts :heart:

P8100082.jpg

OMG! i am so sorry to hear this... :sad: I am so sorry for your loss.. Life cut too short for matti. :hug:

hang in there...

Matti was a beauty too... :depressed:

Thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate them :hug:

I can't believe how sad this has made me. I mean, he wasn't even my cat...but I can't help it, I love animals so much. I have lost three dogs in my life and I still miss them all so much. My dad called me yesterday and told me that they had buried Matti right next to one of our dogs. My grandma is totally heartbroken and I understand her so well, Matti was her baby. :sad: It's so sad, so so sad.

Sicy, Zoey is totally adorable! :cute:

I saw 65 cats today. Sometimes, the Adelaide Show isn't such a bad thing. :love:

Also, I did count. In fact, I always count how many cats I see in a day. Ridiculous habit, but there you go - I guess I miss my cats so much I'm driven to light traces of madness.

Ava, Matti looks like a beautiful cat, and I'm sorry to hear about the loss. I hope your grandmother copes well!

I just found this thread today, but the kitties turn one year old on December 3rd of this year, so I thought I'd share some baby pics with ya ... We only kept two of the kittens though ... Camelot and Noxie are still with us ... Lara and Zorro have new homes ...

Miss Sarajevo before she got pregnant ...

sarabeforepregnant.jpg

Sara nursing her FOUR newborn meow monkeys ...

saranursin07.jpg

Roll Call (from top to bottom of picture): Camelot (Boy), Noxie (Girl), Lara (Girl), and Sara's head ... Zorro can't be seen in the picture ...

noxiehammingforcamma.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom