Fez-Being Born and then, from a porch, rolling pins and The CSGW's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing specific. Just browsing really.

Torrents are great because you can start the download and not have to do anything with them until they are done. It is so convenient. :drool:

:cool: I used to browse The Trader's Den a lot for live stuff, haven't in awhile now though. :hmm:

:yes: I know! Plus, I'm on a couple private trackers, so there's always an abundance of stuff to download in high quality rips. :drool:

Dime's another great one! I used to have an account there, but I think I let it lapse. :lol:

Definitely, I love finding bootlegs of outtakes and demos. It's awesome to see the creative process at work. :up:

Dime's another great one! I used to have an account there, but I think I let it lapse. :lol:

Definitely, I love finding bootlegs of outtakes and demos. It's awesome to see the creative process at work. :up:

I wish we had more of that kind of stuff from U2. I LOVE the Salome bootleg and wish there was something similiar for their other albums. :up:

I wish we had more of that kind of stuff from U2. I LOVE the Salome bootleg and wish there was something similiar for their other albums. :up:

Yeah, it's annoying that they're so protective over their unreleased stuff. I have a feeling that we'll never see a huge percentage of what they've recorded over the years.

Moving along in my record listening for the day:

Sly and the Family Stone - There's a Riot Goin' On is playing. I'm not usually a funk person, but it's pretty good. I'm mostly just listening because an article I'm reading for my independent study is all about this album, and I'd never heard it. :lol:

I don't understand why they are so protective about that stuff. What's the loss for the albums that have already been remastered? Those early versions and songs should see the light of day. I'd take The Joshua Tree unreleased songs and early versions above a concert. :reject: Fans would love that stuff. It is a win for everyone. :shrug:

I totally agree. I think that they should release that kind of stuff, maybe not now, but certainly after they're done recording and releasing new music. They probably see those versions as inferior to the ones they chose to release and are holding onto them for that reason, but it seems like sort of a selfish thing to do, especially when there are so many fans who would kill to get those songs.

:yes:

Completely random thing:
As if I wasn't put off by black metal already, I was stumbling around Wikipedia and came across this band that had one of their members commit suicide (and a pic of the corpse was used on a following album cover) and another member got murdered by one of the other guys in the group. :yikes: :crazy:

/random :wink:

:lol: Magnificent is about to overtake Boots in the Irish itunes chart, U2 really screwed up with their single choice

:lol: Not surprising. It's so rare for an artist to choose the best song possible for their single...

Yup :(

New music :drool: what's for today then? :wink:

Lots of hip-hop, actually. :lol:

Method Man - Tical
Cecil Otter - Rebel Yellow (really, really awesome album, even if you don't like hip-hop)

Right now:

No Age - Nouns (it's alright so far)

Later:

Sly and the Family Stone - There's a Riot Goin' On
Super Furry Animals - Fuzzy Logic
Ride - Nowhere
Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One

:crazy: :lol:

:D

I've been listening to a lot of Minneapolis/St. Paul based hip-hop lately (Cecil Otter's from here). It's really great stuff, even for people who don't like hip-hop all that much; our scene is mostly independent/underground hip-hop. :up:

:lol: I know. Magnificent would have been a...well, magnificent single. :wink:

Boots was a terrible choice for the first single. I wonder how much it and early, average performances will hurt the album sales. :hmm:

Let's ask Belgium that question

Belgian Itunes Top 100

7. Magnificent
13. Get On Your Boots
19. No Line On The Horizon
22. Moment of Surrender
30. Crazy Tonight
31. Unknown Caller
36. White As Snow
38. Fez- Being Born
41. Stand Up Comedy
42. Breathe
59. Cedars of Lebanon

Well now we know what singles they should release :wink:

:D

I've been listening to a lot of Minneapolis/St. Paul based hip-hop lately (Cecil Otter's from here). It's really great stuff, even for people who don't like hip-hop all that much; our scene is mostly independent/underground hip-hop. :up:

Your love of hip-hop is quite un-hipster Cassie :tsk: Unless pitchfork likes them then anything is hipster :wink:

It can't be Bono says "ATM Machine" :sad:

If you believe people here, that ruins the song. Damn Bono screwing up in a song that was recorded in one take :madwife:

Wait, people are mad that he says "ATM machine?"

Interference (mostly EYKIW :wink: ) gets more bizarre by the minute...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom