favourite comic strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
yeah comics are the first thing i read in the newspaper...then i do the crossword puzzle, and then read the news

favourite comic strip, current or retired, any country, newspaper. political cartoons can count, as long as this doesn't turn into an FYM thread and get moved....er...in that case no political cartoons...

pictures are fun...if i wasn't on such a lame-ass computer i'd try to find some...

mine's calvin and hobbes :D

Our local paper gives us a choice of Trevor, Garfield, Ginger Meggs, Insanity Streak, Swamp, The Phantom and Overboard.

I love Louie the Labrador from Overboard....that cartoonist gets some very funny expressions on that dogs face.hahahahaha "the one day of the year when labradors don't shed"

next I like Insanity Streak- one frame cartoon, some very witty concepts.
and dear Garfield....I remember buying a Garfield teddy for my eldest son when he was a toddler...there he is on the shelf above me..........awwwwwwwwww( the Garfield toy, not my son)

ahh yes....Gary Larsen
you know they named a lice after him? he is very VERY proud of that.
One of his cartoons appears daily also in our paper. he has a page to himself:)

we have a brilliant Aussie cartoonist who reminds me of Larsen,
Michael Leunig..."I piled all the shit in my life into a great big heap, I climbed to the top and the view was.........MAGNIFICENT, coooooooooooeeeeeeeee!!"

Bruce Petty is an astute Aussie cartoonsit also.

oh man i meant to say far side as well...i got a couple books for christmas...fuckin hilarious...i never read it much when it still ran in the paper...

I :heart: Garfield. I have a bunch of the books, and I have lots of stuffed Garfields. I want a cat like him. :heart:

I miss Calvin & Hobbes and Far Side very much! Current favorites are Mutts, Boondocks, Zits, Non Sequitor, Fox Trot, Baby Blues. I know there's a ton more, I do read the comics every day!

I LOVE comics, but my favourites are:

Peanuts
Bizarro
Calvin & Hobbes
The Far Side
Anything by Lynda Barry
Fox Trot
Heart of the City (don't get that in our newspaper but I LOVE the book I have)

Has anyone seen Agnes? I don't think it's very popular but it's been in our newspaper for the past few years and I absolutely hate it. Definitely one of the worst comics I've ever read.

Calvin and Hobbes all the way baby. I love it I love it I love it.

Far Side is funny too. Garfield has totally lost its charm and become monotonous and unfunny to me.

Back
Top Bottom