Do you have any funny quirks??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sort of in line with pet peeves/neurosis, i freak out if anyone's foot so much as brushes up against me. i will immediately go and wash the contact area off! i'm not even comfortable with my own feet, but removing them just isn't feasible. :l

whenever i would eat reeses pieces or m&m's as a kid, i would consume the candies in a controlled way whereby there would have to be an equilibrium of colors at any one time.

yeah, i also sometimes put ketchup on my eggs. if being wrong tastes so good, i don't want to be right. :p

Last edited:
- I have a mix of a New York/Chicago/British accent, according to my friends, and the only place I've actually been to out of those is Chicago, since I live so close to it.

-I get EXTREMELY irritated to the point of sickness and anger if people rub their feet or hands against the carpet. I know it's funny.

-I have to really think about it if I want to say "ahll-ways". I pronounce it "oh-ways."

-I get odd cravings for random foods at strange times. For example, I made alphabet soup at 11:30 PM once.

I'm in on the jeans thing:up:..I hardly ever wash them:reject:...they get so comfy..and when I was them it takes forever for them to be that way again.

It looks like ketchup is a staple in the kitchen. My dad has always put ketchup on his red beans and rice. I feel like it just kills the natural flavor of the dish, but then some red beans and rice could use a good flavor killing.

When I'm watching a sports event and there's a tape delay, I cheat and get the score from the Internet. That way I'm less tense when I watch the event and I enjoy it more.

Dismantled said:
I'm in on the jeans thing:up:..I hardly ever wash them:reject:...they get so comfy..and when I was them it takes forever for them to be that way again.

Oh, totally. I have two pairs of jeans that I really like, and I tend to wear them for a while and alternate them before I actually wash them... :reject:

hmmmm...I always wash my jeans right away in case they look like I have worn them before. I am beginning to sense I have this all wrong and would be okay with worn before without being washed looking jeans?? Is this for guys and girls? I think I am a huge loser that I have to ask this!!!

I know....but then they get the wrinkle lines that will be the giveaway that you haven't washed them. Unless you stand still in them without moving!!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
One more thing I thought about as I was eating breakfast -
Ketchup on eggs is WRONG, people! Ketchup, hot sauce, salsa - basically any sauce of any kind is just WRONG on eggs! :crazy: And putting ketchup on hash browns is okay, just so long as the sauce NEVER touches the eggs. I freak out even when other people are doing it in a restaurant. I try not to look at their plates.

:shifty: I ONLY eat scrambled eggs with ketchup on them. Then you mix it with hash browns and/or american fries into a ketchup breakfest mix! :shifty: :drool: :laugh:

Blue Room said:

:shifty: I ONLY eat scrambled eggs with ketchup on them. Then you mix it with hash browns and/or american fries into a ketchup breakfest mix! :shifty: :drool: :laugh:
:barf:

Well, you'll all understand if I don't want to go out to breakfast with any of you weird people. :wink:

susanp6 and I will have our own table with our KETCHUP-FREE eggs. (Can I put salt on my eggs, susan?)

Ugh. Just the thought of ketchup on eggs. And I don't want to go anywhere near that poutine stuff. I saw that thread, complete with a picture of it. :yikes: Besides, French fries make me really hyper so I try to avoid them. Mr. LG hates when I have French fries.

Oh, one other thing. Well it's not my quirk, it's my mom's. She's an animal lover, and would never harm any creature, but wow is she terrified of snakes. We're talking she'll seriously faint if one crosses her path. This includes seeing them on TV and at the movies. She has to look away - can't stand to look at them. The kicker is, she loves, well, what shall I call them...unusual pets? Spiders, lizards - stuff that most girls would scream at. Tarantulas fascinate her to no end. But try to throw a fake rubber snake in her lap and she'll faint. (I'm not kidding!) One time, long ago - she was in a pet store and a person talked to her about legless lizards, and then went and got one to show it to her, and she went white like she'd seen a ghost. She said the tunnel vision was setting in and then the person took the lizard away and she got better. (Legless lizards are just that - they have no legs, but have ears and eyelids which snakes do not have.) I'm thinking in her past life she got eaten by a snake. :shrug: My brother on the other hand, is terrified of spiders. He'd have to come get me to get a spider out of his room. Of course neither of us would ever want to kill them. I always trapped them in a cup and then let them go in a bush or something outside, which is now Mr. LG's job.

Ketchup on eggs. :yikes: :barf:

When I post pics in PLEBA I always try to post in groups of three (except on the caption threads). Any other number bugs me. Sometimes I can't post in a batch of three, and I get annoyed with myself for it.

Last edited:
When eating a salad, the dressing MUST be on the side. I eat it with my fingers, and use the dressing as a dip.
When setting my alarm clock, i set it once, check what i set it for, and then set it again.
As for my wallet, all monetary bills must be faced and placed in numerical order.
Also, i cannot leave my driveway unless i see at least one of my dogs in the window. (they have to see me wave)

I fold & tie a single knot in certain articles of trash, i.e. candy wrappers, wax paper from hamburgers/fast food sandwiches, the plastic wrapping on Lance crackers, etc.

On the route that I take to work, I change lanes in the same specific location each day. And on other days that I'm driving that route I still change my lane at the same spot each time.

I must have a straw when in a restaurant, be it a 5-star establishment or a greasy little diner. I can't touch my glass until a straw is available to me.

My closet is arranged according to season, length of sleeve, color, function/purpose of clothing (i.e. casual, business, formal, etc.) & to some degree, fabric. :nerd:

I like ketchup - it serves many useful food items (not eggs, though! :yuck: ) - but I would rather have anything for my french fries beside that: ranch or catalina dressing, Heinz 57 steak sauce, mayonnaise, sweet & sour sauce, etc.

Especially in hotels, I will rip sheets to shreds rather than go to sleep with them tucked under the foot of the mattress. I MUST be able to have my feet uncovered, even if I don't sleep the entire night through that way.

I could go on, but other people may want to post in this thread after me! :tsk: :lol:

ETA: PS - I'm not as, um :shifty:, "affected" as he is but I adore Monk!! :D I actually worry about myself pretty often watching that show because I keep seeing myself in him. :silent: :wink:

Last edited:
I love ketchup on eggs. Add me to that list. :drool:

My closet is grouped by pants, dresses, skirts, short sleeve tops, long sleeve tops, robes, jackets.....and they are also by color, with all the hangers going the same way on the closet rod.

My mugs and glasses are upside down in my cabinet so no bugs can get into them. :yuck:

I have a purple fetish, I am always adding purple things and furnishings to my home.

I check all the locks twice before retiring for the night. (habit of living alone probably)

When I pull into my garage I don't get out of my car until the garage door is all the way closed behind my car.

Always I put on my right sock/stocking first, right pants leg first and right shoe first.

eggs and ketchup:drool:
eggs and hot sauce:drool:
eggs and cheese:drool:
eggs and maple syrup:drool:
eggs with ketchup, hot sauce, cheese AND maple syrup....PRICELESS:drool:

After reading these, I realized I do have alot more than I thought.

My feet need to be covered to sleep and I never walk barefoot.
Mushrooms make me make a face just at the mention of them.
My glasses are upside down in the cabinet.
My closets and drawers are divided by sleeve length and color. (this is for the family too.)
When doing the wash I do pants first, shirts, then whatever is white.
:uhoh: :coocoo:
plain and simple I can be a little obsessive compulsive about things aka U2.

I've got a couple

I'm extremely OCP with uniformity, like if I scratch my right arm, I just scratch my left for no reason. also if I am sitting on a chair, it all has to be the same color, not stickers or anything on the backrest (thats what really drives me insane)

also have a constant feeling that something is sticking to my back

can only sleep on my left side, not my right
can only sleep with some background noise

have to eat my meal before I start my drink

I compulsively check my alarm clock to make sure it is set

always have to have something in my hand or else I fidget around like crazy

I hear that when I talk excitedly my hands twitch like I am handicapped (trying to manually get rid of this for impending social issues)

Dismantled said:
eggs and ketchup:drool:
eggs and hot sauce:drool:
eggs and cheese:drool:
eggs and maple syrup:drool:
eggs with ketchup, hot sauce, cheese AND maple syrup....PRICELESS:drool:

:hmm: Eggs with maple syrup, never done that but it sounds promising. I dont think I would want to mix Maple syrup though and ketchup. But separately on eggs :drool:

I'm taking it those that are vomiting over the eggs and ketchup have never tried it? I put ketchup on hashed browns and some of it got in my scrambled eggs by accident. Still ate the eggs and thought it was great! :) Have put ketchup on the scrambled eggs ever since. :shrug: I would have said it was gross before that as well. If you like ketchup, and you like scrambled eggs, you will most likely like ketchup and scrambled eggs. :shrug:

OMFG......I am SERIOUSLY PMSL @ this thread...I had NO idea that I had so many soul mates (or CELLmates as the case may be....lol).

I am sitting in my office hysterically laughing! Thanks guys so much!

Keep 'em coming!!!....you guys ROCK!!

...:love: :bow: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom