Coldplay VS. Metallica in 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:

I seriously love that. :lol:

I like Parachutes, and think A Rush of Blood to the Head is very good. Each of those albums has two songs I simply love, and the rest I just think is nice. X&Y is just blah. But I'm still interested to see if they can pull off something else I'd love.

I'm very forgiving. :wink:

You're stronger than I am. :wink: I don't know if my sanity could handle another Fix You.

I use Fix You as a scene change interlude in my Christmas show. Don't worry, it's used only for joke purposes... as it probably will be for the rest of time.

Metallica's last album sucked beyond belief and Coldplay's last album I didn't listen to, except for a few songs.. of which Fix You sucked beyond belief... but at least White Shadows and a couple of other songs were better than anything on St. Crapper. So bottomline is I'm not excited about either band.

Zootlesque said:
Metallica's last album sucked beyond belief and Coldplay's last album I didn't listen to, except for a few songs.. of which Fix You sucked beyond belief... but at least White Shadows and a couple of other songs were better than anything on St. Crapper. So bottomline is I'm not excited about either band.

Oh, but Zoots, you like Radiohead! That makes your opinion null and void.

GibsonGirl said:
Oh, but Zoots, you like Radiohead! That makes your opinion null and void.

I don't like Radiohead but I second him. What does that mean? :ohmy:

Axver said:

I don't like Radiohead but I second him. What does that mean? :ohmy:

Well, you like prog. That definitely renders your opinion null and void.

GibsonGirl said:
Well, you like prog. That definitely renders your opinion null and void.

Oh, right, sorry, I forgot that it's a sin for musicians to actually use their talent. It's all about three basic chords and the truth, yeah!

Axver said:

Oh, right, sorry, I forgot that it's a sin for musicians to actually use their talent. It's all about three basic chords and the truth, yeah!

And soul! Because musicians who can :shocked: play their instruments are obviously devoid of it.

GibsonGirl said:
And soul! Because musicians who can :shocked: play their instruments are obviously devoid of it.

All that time spent learning musical theory when they should be just belting their lungs/soul out. :tsk:

Remember, folks, the less you know about how to actually play music, the better your music will be.

Axver said:

All that time spent learning musical theory when they should be just belting their lungs/soul out. :tsk:

Remember, folks, the less you know about how to actually play music, the better your music will be.

It gets even better if you're a visible minority! :up: Do you have any music by female African American soul singers on your computer, Axver? I'm fairly sure I don't. There's something wrong with my musical taste. :( I wouldn't even dare consider taking part in any sort of desert island competition.

You people (and you know who you are) should have better things to do than be posting repeatedly in a fucking Coldplay thread.

For the record, Chris Martin is a ballless, soulless white-bread waste of space. There aren't enough moments remaining in anyone's life worth wasting listening to this watered-down crap when there is so much other music waiting to be discovered and enjoyed.

Metallica are a bunch of money hungry sellouts who haven't done anything good since 1989. Their total output, however, far excels what Coldplay has brought to the table. Even if they had only recorded Master of Puppets it would be a greater legacy than anything Coldplay has released, or will ever release in the future.

Good night.

lazarus said:
You people (and you know who you are) should have better things to do than be posting repeatedly in a fucking Coldplay thread.

Once I start getting laid/somehow piece together a social life, I will heed your advice. :up: Oh, wait...maybe I have this backwards. :uhoh:

Agreed on your opinions of Coldplay and Metallica. :yes:

GibsonGirl said:
It gets even better if you're a visible minority! :up: Do you have any music by female African American soul singers on your computer, Axver? I'm fairly sure I don't. There's something wrong with my musical taste. :( I wouldn't even dare consider taking part in any sort of desert island competition.

The vast majority of my music is white guys with guitars, and there's no female African American soul singers. Now, I simply listen to what I think sounds good and normally haven't a clue who the band members are, and for all I know they could be asexual Angolan midgets, but despite that fact, I should be taken outside and whipped for my failure to deliberately purchase records by certain minorities. :tsk:

Or do I get a pass because I have some albums of Tuva throat singing? Oh, wait, it requires too much talent, and that surely means it has no soul. Damn, I fail at music taste again. :(

Axver said:

The vast majority of my music is white guys with guitars, and there's no female African American soul singers. Now, I simply listen to what I think sounds good and normally haven't a clue who the band members are, and for all I know they could be asexual Angolan midgets, but despite that fact, I should be taken outside and whipped for my failure to deliberately purchase records by certain minorities. :tsk:

Or do I get a pass because I have some albums of Tuva throat singing? Oh, wait, it requires too much talent, and that surely means it has no soul. Damn, I fail at music taste again. :(

You listen to what you think sounds good? Am I reading that correctly? Wow. There's no hope for your taste in music, Axver, simply no hope.

GibsonGirl said:
You listen to what you think sounds good? Am I reading that correctly? Wow. There's no hope for your taste in music, Axver, simply no hope.

I know I need to listen to what's "respectable" and consciously make sure it covers every minority so I'm perfectly PC, but instead I just enjoy music. Silly, silly me. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom