Borat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:

Isla Fischer is actually incredibly talented actress from a gripping Australian television series which followed the painstakingly realistic portrayals of the lives of your average 20-somethings in a coastal township. She has like 24 AFTAs under her belt, or something.

She also played Shaggy's girlfriend in the Scooby Doo movie.

Chizip said:
the douchebag frat boys are suing borat now

I do not feel sorry for them at all. They revealed a lot about the thought process of many privileged. I love how kids ridding across country in a nice RV are talking about how it's them who suffer, not minorities. It's so hard to be able to eat, drink, drive, study however, whenever, wherever we want.
For exploiting that, I thank the people behind Borat; however, the exploitation of the Romanian villagers is disgusting.

One of sacha Baron Cohens other charachters "Bruno" is also hilarious. He's a gay austrian reporter. Search for bruno on youtube.

His best role was in Madagascar. "All hail the New York Giants!" Kind of like Antonio's best role being Puss 'N Boots in Shrek II. Best when you dont see their ugly mugs.
:up:

Hilarious movie.

However, they didn't show the scene of Borat in a bar in Arizona with everyone singing along to "Throw the Jew down the well".
I've seen this in a separate Borat clip on t.v. but not in the movie, as a lot of people are implying - anyone else?

ladywithspinninghead said:
Hilarious movie.

However, they didn't show the scene of Borat in a bar in Arizona with everyone singing along to "Throw the Jew down the well".
I've seen this in a separate Borat clip on t.v. but not in the movie, as a lot of people are implying - anyone else?

This was on the Ali g show. There is alot of quality borat stuff that is not in the movie.

thetitans2k said:

This was on the Ali g show. There is alot of quality borat stuff that is not in the movie.

Oh yes, I know, I've known about Ali G since he had a tri-weekly 3 minute segment on Channel 4's The 11 O'Clock show back when he was just starting out (he was just as funny then too!) - but I've seen some reviews actually mention the part in the bar and Sacha B C refers to it in the context of the movie in the Rolling Stone mag so I figured it was in some non-censored versions. Maybe not!

ladywithspinninghead said:
Hilarious movie.

My friend was telling me about it!

But he was saying that they cutted that out of the movie because they just thougth they were pushin it too much by doing it..

May just be a rumor though..

Finally saw it last weekend,
was afraid that with everything
I've read about the film by now
it wouldn't be that funny or
interesting. Luckily I was wrong!
Honestly I don't think I've laughed
this hard in a movie theater...ever...
(ok, I take that back.. I got to go
to the screening of Napoleon Dynamite
6 months before it hit theaters..
it was really funny then I swear!)

The hotel wrestling was a bit much,
a bit irrelevant, gross and borderline
Jackass..which Ive never been
a fan of.

But all in all..it was fantastic!
Funny all around, it had its smart
moments, & and its dumb ones.
Can't wait to watch it again!
:happy:

thetitans2k said:
One of sacha Baron Cohens other charachters "Bruno" is also hilarious. He's a gay austrian reporter. Search for bruno on youtube.

Brüno has always been my favorite character out of the 3. "Funkyzeit mit Brüno" ... :drool:

This article pretty much sums up my feelings about the film:
http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/earticle/2069/
It is in your face (quite literally), sexed-up college humour rather than the clever underhanded exposés that Cohen has managed so well in the past.
The most memorable episode from the Borat TV series is when he performs in a country-western club in Tucson, Arizona where he gets the audience to clap and sing along to the ‘Kazakhstani folk song’ In My Country There is a Problem. The chorus goes: ‘Throw the Jew down the well/so my country can be free/you must grab him by his horns/and then we’ll have a big party.’ That scene was truly shocking because it revealed something so unbelievable, but in the film Cohen mostly creates the anti-Semitic content himself.

interesting point, that i agree with i think.

i enjoyed the movie, though i think cohen sold himself short.

the clips you'll find on youtube provide a much better example as to how staggering borat really is.

still a quality film though.

"this suit is NOT BLACK!"

I really liked the movie, but thought it might have been a bit too long.

I like Borat much better in ten-minute doses. After an hour and a half the joke starts to get a little stale.

Very funny film however i hated some of the overtly crude and sexual stuff. Like when Borat caught the other guy jerking off to the mag and they both had the big naked wrestle :sick: and when Borat was jerking off in public infront of the underwear store or when he came back to the table with his poop in the bag having just gone to the toilet.

I saw this last night - and to be honest, after about 20 minutes I was kind of bored. Yeah there were a few gags but the whole Pamela Anderson story arc was dumb. Frankly, the highlight for me was his night out at the bar with the prostitute. It was a sweet little sequence that I think spoke volumes for the real Sasha...

Anyhow, good fun - but it wore out pretty quickly for me.

Back
Top Bottom