Borat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was great. Not as funny as what I have read, but still vastly entertaining and delightfully offensive :D

saw this last night. HYSTERICAL.

seriously, we laughed about it for hours afterwards.

:up:

SO FUNNY!!! I loved it! I just saw it a few hours ago

There were definitley parts where you were just cringing but it was so funny that you can't take your eyes off of it!

PlaTheGreat said:
The Jews are shape-shifting again. :tsk:

A friend of mine told me about that scene. :lol:

The whole thing sounds hilarious, it's the first time I've been hearing about a movie this much since ... well, I can't remember much past last week, so I can't tell you. But it's the talk of the town here.

I'm going this Saturday night to check it out! :up: I've heard nothing but GREAT things about this movie.

Here he is with his girlfriend, the "crazy" girl in "Wedding Crashers"

5080304301528.jpg

Borat on Leno last night:

"The anti-Jew warrior Melvin Gibson."

very funny interview. I need to see this movie.

"I shall go through your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood? Do not try and shrink me."

Great line.

This movie is in that mid point between South Park and Jackass.

The "Oh, no...you're not actually gonna..oh...you are..." aspect of Jackass and the "Wow, that was actually a very well hidden social commentary on something important" aspect of South Park.

One of the smartest movies in a long while...

This movie was amazing. I laughed straight through it. The rodeo was so funny.

"may George W. Bush drink the blood of all iraqi men, women and children.

tpsreports2424 said:
:ohmy: may i ask why?

I just don't find toilet or sexual humour funny at all, and find it really painful to watch people being idiots. :shrug: I didn't think it really worked as a movie, either, especially with the staged bits (the entire existence of his producer, the kids running from the bear, the prostitute, Pamela Anderson). It was basically just a collection of Borat skits and would have worked better if it hadn't tried to be more than that. Some of the interviews (Allan Keyes, Bob Barr) that had potential to be funny were so edited (in the case of Barr) or so completely dominated by Borat (the Allan Keyes interview) that they didn't really accomplish anything. I quite like Sasha Baron Cohen and think he's really clever, but his humour is really hit or miss for me, and I thought this was just too low brow, disjointed, and didn't have enough witty parts to be funny.

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at a movie in my life

Seriously, I was laughing like the entire movie. I probably missed some lines because I was laughing so much. I'm going to have to see it again.

What a movie

Chizip said:
the douchebag frat boys are suing borat now

Those guys were complete asses. If their claims somehow do make it to court, I hope that the judge is a woman.

I saw the movie today...it's equal parts shocking and shockingly good. There's also a boatload of social commentary going on beneath the surface.

they were complete asses

but after doing a bunch of googling and realizing the extreme set up that took place for a lot of the scenes I have growing disdain for this movie.

Even the rodeo scenes are said to have been spliced together to show the crowd cheering when they weren't etc. Not to mention the article Diamond posted in FYM.

RedrocksU2 said:
I'm going this Saturday night to check it out! :up: I've heard nothing but GREAT things about this movie.

Here he is with his girlfriend, the "crazy" girl in "Wedding Crashers"

Isla Fischer is actually incredibly talented actress from a gripping Australian television series which followed the painstakingly realistic portrayals of the lives of your average 20-somethings in a coastal township. She has like 24 AFTAs under her belt, or something.

Back
Top Bottom