American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2isthebest said:
Awesome recap again!:applaud: My mom and I noticed the blue tounges too and were totally weirded out. I'm still wondering about that.
Thanks. I was a bit worried my recap might be boring because there was no major drama last night.

And I will not click on that link to find out the final 24. No, I will not!

Golightly Grrl said:
Thanks. I was a bit worried my recap might be boring because there was no major drama last night.

And I will not click on that link to find out the final 24. No, I will not!

I know. I think it's the lack of group sing. What was up with that? Where was my beloved group sing?:(

I might sound mean here...but...I don't think Josiah is that great in the singing department. I'm not just talking about that last song either. I mean, yeah, I like the guy, I really do, and he does have talent...but he doesn't blow me away. :shrug:

I agree, Bonochick. I also meant to find a picture of Rumer Willis and a picture of Josiah and put them up for comparison. I might be crazy, but I think they kind of look alike. :lol:

:reject:

I couldn't catch it from the beginning so I DVRd it and it taped until right before they announced the final woman. :scream:

I had to check that spoiler link, I hope it's right, I was rooting for her.

Lila64 said:

I don't know if I can resist temptation :sad: :shifty:

And I'll let y'all know which contestant is 'the neighbor' when we find out, probably on Thursday. :up:

I peeked... :reject: Cuz or damn cable was screwed up and our dvr didn't record it..

I sad about one person not making it...:sad:

My Tivo cut out on me too. Can someone please tell me which girl made it? I don't remember either of their names, so that spoiler list doesn't help me. Was it the country girl or the plus size model?

ultravioletluvv said:
My Tivo cut out on me too. Can someone please tell me which girl made it? I don't remember either of their names, so that spoiler list doesn't help me. Was it the country girl or the plus size model?
The plus-size model, Joanne Borgella got in. You can see the top 24 here, with pictures. I know it says rumored, but they are correct.

I'm listening to Michael Johns on myspace at the moment (http://www.myspace.com/michaeljohnsmusic).
Like the top 24! Felt bad about a couple who didn't make it. Kyle seemed so gracious at the end. I was waiting for Simon to make an exception to keep him.

So as for the neighbor... we are taking a guess here. We know the person auditioned in San Diego, so that narrows it down to David, Michael, and Carly. We know the neighbor is female, so we're deducing that it's Carly. Checked the phone book, but there was no listing for her :wink:

Last edited:
I'm surprised they didn't take Josiah. But I'm not all that upset about it. Was bummed about the little geeky guy (Kyle?), even though I'm sure I'd want him to go two weeks into the real competition.

I was surprised by that too.

Just heard from the friend of a friend of a friend.
Apparently the girl dropped out during Hollywood week because of school :sigh: Oh well....

I am disappointed Kyle didn't make it.:( Also, am I the only one that didn't recognize a lot of the people they put through to 24? I mean, we didn't see their first auditions, we didn't see them during Hollywood week; there's always been a few people like that, but it seemed like there were many more this year.:huh:

They do that every year - spend tons of time on a handful of people, and then everyone goes "WHO?????" when they reveal the finalists.

That guy with the dreadlocks? Um ..... WHO?????

corianderstem said:
They do that every year - spend tons of time on a handful of people, and then everyone goes "WHO?????" when they reveal the finalists.

That guy with the dreadlocks? Um ..... WHO?????

I didn't remember that guy at all either. I thought maybe I had missed something. :laugh:

American Idol-The Top 24 are Revealed

First things first. Why is Anakin Skywalker with Ryan Seacrest somewhere in Egypt? Oh, yes, it’s some cinematic product placement for the Fox production Jumpers. Gee, I wasn’t expecting this cross-promotion until further into the season.

But I digress...

Tonight is the night. The top 24 semi-finalists will be named in a dragged-out hour that could be done in less than fifteen minutes. But what would Idol be without all the lengthy drama?

As the contestants awake and grab some breakfast, the judges still bicker over who they want in the top 24. Will they ever make a decision? It looks like the race to the top 24 victory is tighter than Cindy McCain’s hairdo.

Okay, finally it’s time to learn the top 24. Some will be contestants we like, some will be contestants we hate, and others will be contestants who will make us scratch our heads and ask, “Who the heck are you?”

A majority of the contestants who do not make the count are people we never saw before and will probably never see again. However, a few dropped contestants are already known. Lorena Pinot is gracious in defeat. And aw shucks farmer boy, Drew Popelreiter, is relieved that he won’t miss the turkey trot or whatever it’s called. After lots of camera time, Josiah Leming is not in the top 24. I guess he’ll have to shed his emo elsewhere. Political junkie Kyle Ensley couldn’t spin a vote into the top 24. And Cardin McKinney can’t translate her hot looks and middling talent into semi-finalist history.

And here is the Top 24 Semi-Finalists!!!!

Top 12 Girls

Carly Smithson-No surprise. AI has been promoting this tattooed Irish lass since her audition.

Amanda Overmyer-Sure she can rock out, but can she get herself through the different AI theme weeks? She could be very one-note.

Kristy Lee Cook-I’m afraid she might be one of the chosen ones and get nothing but tongue baths from the judges week after week. Blech.

Brooke White-I’m looking forward to her performances. And I’ll be really ticked if the Idol stylists take a flat iron to her lovely curly tresses.

Alexandrea Lushinton-I know I liked her audition, but for some reason I can’t remember it. However, Alexandrea Lushinton would make a great drag queen name!

Ramiele Maluby-This pint-sized powerhouse is another contestant I want to keep my eye on.

Syesha Mercado-May her voice hold up week after week. And her smile is infectious.

Kady Malloy-She’s able to mimic other singers, but can she show her authentic self?

Amy Davis-Clearly coasting on her looks, but I’m not sure if that’s enough.

Alaina Whitaker-Hmm...She'll probably battle Kristy Lee Cook for country fans

Asia’h Epperson-Will she be memorable for her talent or for her tragic back story? Time will tell. However, I would not be surprised if she drops her surname and goes by just Asia’h.

Joanne Borgella-The plus-sized model with the plus-sized talent. I’d like to see her do well. AI always needs a diva.

Top 12 Guys

David Cook-More memorable for his meh guitar playing and soul patch.

David Archuletta-I think he’s one of the chosen ones by the Idol Powers That Be.

Danny Noreiga-I’m wondering if his over-affectations and mannerisms might work my last nerve.

Jason Castro-Who?

Luke Merado-Who cares if he can sing. Boy is hot!

Garrett Haley-More notable for his “Peter Frampton Comes Alive” hair than for any singing.

Michael Johns-My Idol eye candy but I wonder if I’ll grow bored of him. It’s happened before, and I don’t just mean Idol.

Robbie Carrico-I think the bandanna is his version of the DAUGHTRY’s wallet chain.

Chickezie Eze-Good to see him get through. I liked his audition.

Josh Yeager-Did we ever see him before? He’s kind of cute.

David Hernandez-Didn’t make much of an impression on Simon. I wonder if he’ll make an impression on the voters.

Colton Brown-Not my cup of Idol tea, but perhaps that will change.

So there you have it. The top 24 Semi-Finalists of American Idol Season 7. The contestants do the Top 24 Semi-finalist Dance-Off. There seem to be a few chosen ones this season like David Archuletta, Kristy Lee Cook and Carly Smithson. But you never know, a stealth contestant could win the Idol crown.

Awesome recap again!! My favorite right now is Michael Johns. He has a fantastic voice (anyone who can cover "Bohemian Rhapsody" and not make me want to injure them is talented in my book), he's hot, and he's got an Australian accent.:combust: Amanda is right up there with him. I agree, she's only shown one side of her voice so far, but I think it's unique and just what Idol needs. It's raw and passionate and not pageant queen like so many other Idol girls. I think she's got it in her to do well in theme weeks.

The rest of my shortlist so far
1. Danny
2. David Archuleta
3. Asia'h
4. Brooke

ETA: Carly Smithson should be on my shortlist too!

Last edited:
I really felt for Josiah, but at the same time the way he sang with an accent drove me nuts :scream: Otherwise, I think he has a lot of passion and potential. People who have to struggle like that usually end up on top :hmm:

I loved Josiah. I've been listening to some of the songs he's written that are on his Myspace, and he's an incredibly talented, songwriter, musician, and singer. I don't mind the accent when he sings; a lot of singers seem to lose their speaking accent when they sing and sound a lot different. There are a lot singers from the U.K. or Australia, New Zealand, that I can think of that don't really have a trace of their accents when they sing, so who knows. I just hope Josiah goes on to great things. He's brilliant.:love:

It's not that he lost his speaking accent, it's that he gained a whole new one. I don't know, it irked me :shrug: I wholeheartedly agree though, he's brilliant. His original compositions are quite good :yes:

I am pretty bummed about Josiah. I just don't want him to go back to living in his car. Truthfully, I bet AI would have been very frustrating for him as a musician. He could barely handle the last performance, having to mold himself with a band and back up singers. I bet the producers could tell he would have been quite disasterous and frustrated on the show having to do that week after week. There are probably tons of musicians that would struggle with the format of the show. Oh well. Hopefully all the facetime he got these past few weeks will get him some money so he does not have to keep living in his car!!

It's like dude from Green Day with his faux early 80s punk rock voice. I think Josiah would have been thumped in this competition anyway due to his voice not holding up to the competition. Feel sorry for him though, he was really distraught.

I reckon Michael Johns, Carly Smithson, Syesha Mercado, and David Archuleta will do fine. Ramiele Malubay to watch out depending on her confidence.

Ones I'm not too sure about advancing far. Danny Norriega(annoying already), David Cook, Robbie Carrico, and Amanda - I don't think she's versatile enough for this competition. To win anyway.

I like Josiah, he is very different from others in this competition and I can see he has much love for music than many of these other contestants. I also think he sees music in a totally different way and this competition was not for him and his talent. I did buy some of his tracks from his myspace and I really like them a lot. I hope he does get picked up by an indie label or continues to make money off his myspace songs.

I agree about not knowing who half these final 24 are...and the dreadlock guy...has anyone even heard him sing yet??

I also noticed that the way we saw them go up the elevator was not the order in which they really went up...sometimes , in different shots of the waiting room, the people we had already seen go up were still sitting in the room when they would show someone else getting ready to go...talk about editing for drama:huh:

Totally noticed that too. Especially the end because the last two guys were upstairs first. And then when the last two girls were up they were asked how many people were left and they said 2 people. I thought it would have been a bit more dramatic with the two guys last instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom