All Things Australia-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they need to send their hosts over there? Is it necessary?

Actually I'm aware of a wonderful Frontline quote when the EP Brian said, 'What is vision without a reporter? Just a documentary. The reporter needs to be there make everyone feel like he's part of the action.'

Frontline :drool:

Relax people . . .Japan is going to be okay . . . intrepid reporter extraordinaire Karl Stepalloveranyonetogetastoryovic has arrived :doh: :rolleyes:

I hope Kochie is on his way too! :happy:

oh THANK GOD. I was starting to freak out that there had been a natural disaster half a week ago and they still weren't there.

I guess the question now is will Kochie do a report from inside the failing nuclear plant?

Frontline :drool:

:up: just another brilliant part of the Working Dog canon.

we got a Hey Hey reunion special, why not The Late Show?

How awesome was that bullied kid who slammed that bully into the concrete. :D

^ and the poor kid who was bullied for years and years has been suspended :down:

That video is my worst nightmare everytime I walk out to do playground duty :crack: I've been very fortunate thus far *touch wood*

Suspended, yes, I'd be incredibly annoyed by the school's actions but then again, the bully will be humiliated for a very, very long time. That's what matters in the end.

Can we really believe this kid's mother that he has been an innocent victim for years? I'm sure there's more to the story.

It's an awesome video though.

Just from that video you could tell that kid had been through a lot. The fact that he was so quiet and being picked on by a whole group spoke a lot. Immature as it is, I had the biggest damn smile when the kid picked the bully up. Cocky little shit and his sheep friends deserved it.

Loved to see the little bitch limping around like a little bitch. Punishment was brutal, brutal but fair.

I'm having a genuine shit over this coming state election. I cannot, will not, vote Liberal. I can't do it. I'd never feel clean again. But Labor? God. What are they doing??? I don't think our little American friend is out of the race yet, but I seriously doubt she can do much over the next 4 years when they've done so little in the last 2.

I'm all confused.

I'm having a genuine shit over this coming state election. I cannot, will not, vote Liberal. I can't do it. I'd never feel clean again. But Labor? God. What are they doing??? I don't think our little American friend is out of the race yet, but I seriously doubt she can do much over the next 4 years when they've done so little in the last 2.

I'm all confused.

The tragic thing is, NSW needs a kind of all-time-great leadership and government if its to stand a chance of even getting anywhere near back on track. Labor deserve to be effectively wiped out, but Liberal? It's just different degrees of fucked. One is really really bad, the other is extremely, historically bad.

Barry O'Farrell is the state member for the 'hood where I grew up. I have met him a couple of times, nice enough. He's a long time good family friend of the parents of one of my good friends. They obviously think he's a great guy, but... they're pretty blunt in saying he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. And the talent, in general, in State politics, just isn't there. It's barely there at a federal level.

In many ways, its not so much about traditional left/right, Labor/Liberal stuff as per federal politics. I'm always more open to swinging because of that. It's a bit different. But this time around, the job of Premier requires someone super intelligent, hard arse, able to be respected at all ends of the spectrum, well above the all the bullshit and corruption. That doesn't sound like either of the current options. NSW Premier is the role Malcom Turnbull would have been perfect for.

NSW Premier is the role Malcom Turnbull would have been perfect for.

. . . like any politician he has his own level of bullshit, but he is certainly intelligent, and seems to have the balls to at least try and make some unpopular decisions that would put this State back on track . . . NSW politics is a fecking disaster and is absolutely screaming for someone to take control . . . and I'm sorry but in the complete absence of sensible or intelligent policy it will come down to a 'personality' vote and jeeeeez . . . a wet blanket (nice man though he may be) and a political puppet / shrew . . . neither of whom seem to have the control over their party required to actually push any decent policies through *throws up hands in disgust* :sigh:

Aww, Dizzee Rascal in a Kings jersey as the sun is going down at Future Music makes me miss Sydney in a bunch of ways.

future-109_647x431.jpg

Bash them over the head with a tree branch. The key to a fun yet civilised camping trip.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom