a question for those who watched the MTV EMA in Frankfurt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
What was that lingo the host, Ali G, used?
I couldn't understand a word he was saying (except the jokes-the favorite ones being that "this is a band that existed hundreds and hundreds of years ago"-REM-and the bit where he "peeked" in Shaggy's toilet and said: It wasn't me! ROTF!
and "aaaaight"-which cracks me up every time).

You know, "boah" or "boooka" (when he introduced REM, for example). What's that all about? "Respect"? "For real"?

Is he serious about acting like a black man or is he a parody on black people wannabes? (kind of like that guy in "Pretty fly for a white guy" Offspring video)

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

He's a British comedian who takes the piss out of white guys who think they are black...his use of unusual lingo is an intentional effort to degrade wiggers..over here in the UK he has had his own television series whereby he conducts interviews with various celebrities, politicians, and the public whilst giving them a dose of his language and mocking humour which I might add are some of the funniest interviews you'll see...as for his language, you have to have watched him in action to get what his phrasing and wordings are all about..

Back
Top Bottom