24: Day 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2@NYC said:
It does not sound believable because his dumbness would not allow him to plan something like that. You can make me believe that the writers made me believe that Logan was dumb, when he actually was an evil conspirator... well, under that same theory, then Jack could be Terminator 3000, sent from year 2050 to save mankind...

This season has been only average in my opinion and this twist sinks it down one further slot.

I think you need to reserve judgment until we see where this takes us. For all we know, the President is being forced to do what he's doing because he is an idiot. There's supposedly a major twist in the story next week, so let's see what happens.

And I have to disagree regarding this season. It's been far superior to the last few, with many unexpected turns in the story that have worked quite well...

it makes perfect sense at least so far (assume logans int entions are devious.) he could be partly responsible for the day 4 attack on keeler to ascend him to power. it also makse sense th that he and cummings gave the sanction for jack to be killed last year.

i think theres something bigger than logan at hand here. i think the chinese are gonna have to come back and play some sort of role here.

phanan said:

I think you need to reserve judgment until we see where this takes us. For all we know, the President is being forced to do what he's doing because he is an idiot. There's supposedly a major twist in the story next week, so let's see what happens.

And I have to disagree regarding this season. It's been far superior to the last few, with many unexpected turns in the story that have worked quite well...

I will...

Let's see what happens next week.

fah said:
That was a such a great twist at the end of the show :up:

I'm now thinking that Aaron will still save the day but some how Audrey's Dad will end up being in the Oval Office :hmm:

I was trying to think about past shows....

Is there anyone left who Jack could call on for help???

since it's obviously the season of "Washed-up '80s pseduo-stars" w/ Robocop, Soul Man, and the chick from Poltergeist. I'd say Ducky from Pretty and Pink saves the day. :rockon:

(atleast this season doesn't have a character being mauled by a cougar. A cougar for pete's sake.)

LemonMacPhisto said:

since it's obviously the season of "Washed-up '80s pseduo-stars" w/ Robocop, Soul Man, and the chick from Poltergeist. I'd say Ducky from Pretty and Pink saves the day. :rockon:

(atleast this season doesn't have a character being mauled by a cougar. A cougar for pete's sake.)

Which chick is from Poltergeist?

Here's my problem with the President twist(assuming he has been in since the beginning):

a. His aid being involved and he apparently didn't know of the original plot.

b. Allowing his wife back in the realm, he should have sent her off and been done.

c. If he wanted Jack dead, he could have easily detained and done it himself.

I'm sure there are a few others...

But we'll have to see where they take it, I'm a little skeptical.

phanan said:

JoBeth Williams, who plays Henderson's wife and is probably at the hospital thanks to Jack shooting her. :wink:

She was the mother in Poltergeist.

Jack shooting her was the best moment of 24, ever!! lol

phanan said:
When Homeland Security took over CTU, and Chloe was allowed to stay on with Audrey, did that mean that Curtis was sent home, too? Jack could always call him in for some secret help...

Curtis must have been fired along with everyone else but I think he was at CTU when Homeland took over :hmm:

I thought last night's episode was excellent! I am really liking this season.... That twist was crazy!!!:drool:

Yeah, nothing really moved forward in this one. They got the evidence, but all that did was pretty much confirm how much the President was involved. Sometimes they need to move the story forward a bit better - they certainly could have gotten the tape by the midpoint of the episode and brought us further along...

Queen Bee said:
I was looking forward to this episode since David Fury (former Lost writer) wrote it, but meh... I was pretty bored with it until the last couple of minutes.

Next week looks promising though.

wow, sort of like Lost right? :wink:

Nothing directly to do with last night's show, but how do you expect to be thrilled or on the edge of your seat when his P.R. man announces on today's news, "Kiefer Sutherland has signed a 4-year, $40M contract extension for 24...."

I guess that means he makes it through another, another, another and another disaster...:shrug:

Mr. BAW said:
Nothing directly to do with last night's show, but how do you expect to be thrilled or on the edge of your seat when his P.R. man announces on today's news, "Kiefer Sutherland has signed a 4-year, $40M contract extension for 24...."

I guess that means he makes it through another, another, another and another disaster...:shrug:

Wow. That's ridiculous
twitch.gif

I can't see myself watching this show for another 4 years. The same tired spiel is getting annoying, even with the surprise twists. If they want to continue the show for that long they should kill off Jack (legitimately!) and center the show outside out LA.

Getting it out of LA would be key, what else can they do to the city?

Bioterror - check
Chemical attack - check
Nuke going off in the desert - check
nuclear power plant melting down in northern Cali - check
former president killed - check
Air Force One shot down in the vicinity and killing another president - check

Last edited:
or the secretary of defense for that matter - who just so happens to be flying back from a summit in Japan and is about an hour away from LA.

the rockin edge said:

yes :crack:

i guess it's like Bush spending all that time at his ranch in Texas :shrug:

another 5 week vacation perhaps?

yeah, I love how Jack's life falls apart in a matter of 24 hours

5 times.

phanan said:
So Keifer Sutherland confirmed a 24 movie is coming...

:hyper:

yessss

I'd pay to see that.

it would be a "gap-bridger", just like how the 24 Game bridged the gap between Seasons 2 and 3.

Back
Top Bottom