2012 AFL Thread V - Planning Our End of Season Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, Hawthorn improved upon the 11 goal thumping Richmond dealt the Hawks in the season proper.

Houli tries, but turns the ball over too often and is not hard enough at the ball. Wins the ball, just doesn't dispose of satisfyingly.

Hahaha! Though ... how the fuck did Carlton get to the final after losing to Adelaide?

Shame about all those Tex supergoals though. Other Walker took a what would be MOTY contender if it wasn't for it being the NAB Cup.

Again, the only thing I care about is health. I hate that we even have to play another match, to be honest.

Hawthorn and Freo were hideous and everything, but no doubt it's the injuries that will stick with them.

So the final's in Melbourne despite the fact Brisbane's the only undefeated preseason team. Bit stupid.

Vossy's right, I reckon. Having the preseason final in southeast Queensland would be a great chance to promote the game in the state and generate enthusiasm leading into this year's regular season. I've seen some people bleating about "the regular final is always in Melbourne so suck it up and deal with it for the preseason too!", but it's the preseason, nobody in Melbourne cares where the final is.

The Knob Cup final has no more meaning than the 5 practice matches taking place next weakened. Should be played in Kalgooriie.

Sheehan dares to put not one, but two Crows players in his top 50's top 10. Is the world going to end?

Brisbane look good, definitely a chance for the eight if some of their emerging guns take it to the next level. Zorko was one of the ten best midfielders in the league In the second half of last season.

Blues/Tiges in two weeks, same as it ever was.

We need some revenge after last night. Because, you know, that one cut deep.

Hopefully from you rather than me. :wink:

By the way, are we going to do a tipping competition again? That was great fun last year.

Not in the end. I can't even remember who won.

Anyway I've set up another one, if you all go to tipping.afl.com.au, click join a competition, then search for "interference" it should come up. The password is interference.

We could also potentially do a supercoach draft, if anyone's interested... I did one the other night but I'm not sure if everyone has to be present in one place for it.

I'm not either, but this draft thing is a neat idea. There's no salary cap, and you get a group of people together and everyone drafts a player one by one until you get a full team. My first pick was Danger.

Sorry Ax I won't be able to have that battle to the death with you on Friday night. :sad: Got an 18th to go to.

Back
Top Bottom