2008 Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
Did he just say "I'd like to check you for ticks"?? Wtf?? Please tell me I misheard.

I have the tv muted. I'm watching the Grammys very selectively.

U2isthebest said:
There's some awesome country music.
Johnny Cash:bow: :bow: :bow:
Dolly Parton
Hank Williams
Patsy Cline
June Carter Cash
Loretta Lynn
Reba McEntire
some Garth Brooks, etc.

But yes, most of today's country=shit. i.e. Brad Paisley.

Good list, but you probably shoulda stopped at Loretta Lynn. :wink:

I agree, they let Alicia Keys drone on and on until I wanted to throw something at my TV,, and I love me some Alicia. Yet, they started cutting Kanye off early. Totally not fair. They didn't start playing that music during anyone else's speech. This is the first time I've seen him talk about being the best and not come off as an arrogant ass. He seemed to be more poking fun at that rep.

Kanye has an ego the size of the universe, but you know what? The man can back it up!!!

If he doesn't win Album of the Year, he'll be like the Michelle Kwan of the Grammies...standing on the sidelines, watching U2/Amy/I forgot the other act he lost to winning the Big One and wondering what more he has to do to get it the next time!

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Way to go, Kanye, for telling them to turn the music off. He's matured a lot--let the guy make his speech.

I know! The guy wanted to say something about his mom, who just died not long ago for Pete's sake! Let him talk.

I can't believe he said it's cool if Amy wins Best Album instead of him. I guess he has learned a little humility over the past few years.

I still think Amy deserves Album of the Year ahead of anyone else, but I'm glad Kanye won Rap Album. "Graduation" is brilliant. And U2 definitely deserved Album of the Year over him and any other nominee 2 years ago. I wasn't even a fan then, but I still thought they should win.

And Aretha...:heart:

I don't know about you, but I AM LOVING THIS GRAMMYS :love:

it hasn't sucked one bit.. well.. that last minute of whatever sound was it maybe.. but.. even Kanye West and Fergie weren't THAT bad...

- the Cirque du Soleil/Across the Universe thing was SUPERB
- for whatever reason, i really marked out when THE TIME played (maybe it was the old-school dance, the suits or that bad ass piano-guitar :drool: )
- the Foo Fighters continue to prove that teir the BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD TODAY
- Tina and Beyonces was great
- and Aretha and the rest.. well... :bow:

Part of me wants to hate Kid Rock, and then there's another part that thinks he seems like kind of a cool guy, in a very white-trashy way. I'm very conflicted about the latter. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom