(12-03-2003) The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Announces Exhibits for 2004 -- RARHOFAM *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Announces Exhibits for 2004

CLEVELAND (December 3, 2003) ? The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is pleased to announce exhibit plans for 2004. The Cleveland-based museum, dedicated to educating its audiences on the history and significance of rock and roll, unveiled plans for three new exhibits in 2004. The Museum?s 2004 schedule will feature new exhibits exploring the contributions of Les Paul, the Supremes and renowned rock photographer, Annie Leibovitz.

?Our 2004 exhibits look at three legends who, in their own way, were important to making rock and roll a part of modern cultural history: Les Paul, The Supremes and Annie Leibovitz,? said Terry Stewart, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. ?Les Paul?s influence as a musician, inventor and technical innovator is unequaled,? added Stewart, ?and the Supremes? soulful music transcended gender and racial barriers like no other music before them.?

?Les Paul and the Supremes are two giants of popular music,? noted Jim Henke, Chief Curator at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. ?We?re also excited about showing another facet of rock in the Annie Leibovitz exhibition. Leibovitz?s photos have become icons of the rock world and her images are deeply engrained in the psyche of our culture.?

The 2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Exhibit Schedule includes:

LES PAUL
Opens March 2004, 2nd Floor, Permanent installation
The name Les Paul is synonymous with the electric guitar. As a player, inventor and

recording artist, Paul has been an innovator from the early years of his life. In 1941, Paul built his first solid-body electric guitar, and he continued to make refinements to his

prototype throughout the decade. He also worked on refining the technology of sound, developing revolutionary engineering techniques such as close miking, echo delay and multi-tracking. This exhibit will look at the development of the electric guitar, as well as Paul?s inventions in the area of recording.

REFLECTIONS: THE MARY WILSON SUPREMES LEGACY COLLECTION
Open April ? September 2004, 6th Floor

The Supremes rose from the poverty of Detroit's Brewster housing project to become Motown's most consistent hit makers and the most popular female group of the Sixties, amassing a dozen Number One hits between 1964-69. The Supremes sang in a polished style that bridged the worlds of pop and soul. They were America's ing?nues, exuding a stylish charm and soulfulness that appealed across the board to black and white listeners at a time when racial divides were coming down. In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Supremes? first Number One hit, ?Where Did Our Love Go,? the Museum, in partnership with original Supreme member, Mary Wilson, will be displaying nearly 25 sets of Supreme?s stage costumes from the period 1966 through 1977.

AMERICAN MUSIC: IMAGES FROM ANNIE LEIBOVITZ
Open June ? September 2004, Floors 5 and 6

Photographs by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz comprise a new exhibition dedicated to the many faces of American popular music. Leibovitz is one of the great photographic historians responsible for documenting rock and roll music as a cultural phenomenon. Numerous Leibovitz?s images have become visual icons. The Leibovitz exhibition coincides with the publication of her new Random House monograph, American Music, and includes photographs (many of them previously unpublished) of Lucinda Williams, Eminem, Missy Elliott, B.B. King, Willie Nelson, Jon Bon Jovi, the White Stripes, and many others. This is a traveling exhibition, organized by the Experience Music Project, Seattle.

IN THE NAME OF LOVE: TWO DECADES OF U2
Extended through February 2004, Floors 5 and 6
In The Name of Love: Two Decades of U2 has been extended through February 2004. This exhibit, which opened in February 2003, is a comprehensive exhibit of the Irish rock band U2, chronically the past two decades of their career.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum exists to educate its visitors, fans and scholars from around the world about the history and significance of rock and roll music. The Museum carries out this mission through its efforts to collect, preserve, exhibit and interpret this art form.

The Museum is open seven days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. On Wednesdays the Museum is open until 9:00 p.m. Museum admission is $18.00 for adults, $14.00 for seniors (60+), $11 for children (9-12) and children under 8 and Museum members are free.

-- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum

:wave: :help: Me too! In fact maybe I will-I can get it 'in' before school, jan. 12, 04! i 'd love to view all these years I've lived as a fan! Cleveland("..Cleverland Rocks.."!) here I come!! Ohio! Just gonna stay off a
:hmm: certain highway!

forbonou2 said:
:wave: :help: Me too! In fact maybe I will-I can get it 'in' before school, jan. 12, 04! i 'd love to view all these years I've lived as a fan! Cleveland("..Cleverland Rocks.."!) here I come!! Ohio! Just gonna stay off a
:hmm: certain highway!

Since you would be heading north you would have no problem avoiding that certain highway. :yes: I've driven up there twice and saw that exhibit both times and as a long time fan I enjoyed it.

I just went and it was worth it (although I wish I had been able to go when all the gatherings were etc) Even if you have seen the pics of the exhibit it is not the same as going in person.

If you haven't gone, you are missing one of the best exhibits of U2's stuff. You can almost touch it! And when you're done, you don't want to leave either. I went without my husband. I told him that I'm going "With or without you!" So I found a girl friend to go with me and we took off in my car. I drove from Dallas to there and back. I put everything on the credit card. I didn't give a shit because this was a once in a life time opportunity. I'm telling ya, do whatcha gotta do, and go and see it! There are some things in life that you can't pass up, and this is one of them!

Last edited:
Just about to head to bed, depressed because I was going to see the exhibit this weekend, but my friend has other plans and my husband won't let me travel to Cleveland by my lonesome. I'd given up hope of seeing it before the close at year's end.

In the blink of an eye I see the ROR Hall headline and, click, I have hope!!

It's amazing and I'd go back if I could. I went there 3 days in a row when I was in Cleveland. I loved every second of it!

Go if you can! It's worth the trip :heart: U2 :heart:

I was all set to go to Cleveland this weekend when they announced a Nor'Easter in my area. I thought it was a sign that I shouldn't make the trip but seeing the extension from the Rock and Roll Hall now makes me think that the timing isn't right, but it's not over..........:wink:

Back
Top Bottom