(05-25-2003) Robbie is Bono's Checkmate - UTV *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.utvinternet.com/

'Robbie's my check-mate,' says Bono

Chart star Robbie Williams is a demon draughts player - and can take on all comers, his pal Bono has revealed.

The star - who has a chequered past himself with his battles against drink and drugs - is a devotee of the board game.

U2 frontman Bono said the Come Undone singer would rather get the games out than make music when he pops round to his mansion.

The Irish rock superstar said: ``You know what, Robbie`s very good at the old checkers. He`s mad for it.

``He comes round my house and and he doesn`t want to play a tune, although we occasionally do. His whole thing is draughts. He loves playing draughts and he always wins.

``I beat him at the bingo but he always beats me at the draughts.``

A spokeswoman for Robbie said: ``Robbie is really into his board games. He loves playing Uno and he`s a big fan of chess.``

That is SO cool lucky young Robbie Williams gets to play
checkers with BONO!
Some people have all the LUCK!!
Heather

Sometimes I think Bono just makes things up for theh laugh when he's talking to the press... it must be quite funny to see journalists printing such a silly quote and making a story out of it...

--DF

dean_flynn said:
Sometimes I think Bono just makes things up for theh laugh when he's talking to the press... it must be quite funny to see journalists printing such a silly quote and making a story out of it...

--DF

:lol: that would be one cool manipulative Bono.........."Here tabloids, ya don't even have to think of a story for this one!"

Back
Top Bottom