(04-29-2003) New U2 album in pipeline - MegaStar News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.megastar.co.uk/

New U2 album in pipeline
Phil Kemp

Expect a raw and stripped down next album from U2 - according to the man in the know, Bono.

The band's roving ambassador has been heaping praise on his axe-thwacking co-conspirator The Edge as he whet's his public's appetite for their follow-up to the excellent All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Due for release early next year, U2 have drafted the legendary producer Chris Thomas on knob-twiddling duties.

Bono told the New York Times: "It's a very visceral album. The songs are very direct. They're big songs, big melodies and really, some full-on guitar playing by a very frustrated man....(The Edge) is so gifted.

"If this is a great record, and I really think it will be, it will have a lot to do with him.

The Edge added: "My guitar playing has been fairly minimalist over the years.

"I like to try and make as few notes as I can get away with, you know, create as big an effect as I can, to really explore what guitar could be, you know, and really push the boundaries of what guitar in a rock-and-roll band can sound like."

And never forget to plug the fecker in.

uhmm i think the article contradicts its self.

Expect a raw and stripped down next album from U2

Bono told the New York Times: "It's a very visceral album. The songs are very direct. They're big songs, big melodies and really, some full-on guitar playing by a very frustrated man....(The Edge) is so gifted.

?? :scratch:

i know u2 writes differently than most... having all 4 of them jam together until they find something and all, rather than having bono or edge come in with a song already in hand, and then work out the kinks from there... but i still find it hard to believe that a "raw and stripped down" record takes 3-4 years to make :scratch::shrug:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i know u2 writes differently than most... having all 4 of them jam together until they find something and all, rather than having bono or edge come in with a song already in hand, and then work out the kinks from there... but i still find it hard to believe that a "raw and stripped down" record takes 3-4 years to make :scratch::shrug:

Um....where do you get 3-4 years? They might have started spring of last year...and that's a bit maybe. They spent most of the summer on vacation and/or finishing Electrical storm and doing that video.

Anyway you slice it, if they get the album out early next year they spent a maximum of 2 years on it, including many long breaks.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom