Your feelings about sweat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

Originally posted by wertsie:
When the guys sweat onstage, what do you think? Does it totally gross you out, or do you think it's sexy?

Me, I'm going with the latter.

Sweat + leather= HOT!
smile.gif

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

sexy. definately sexy. lol the topic of this post cracked me up

------------------
i'm already gone, felt that way all along

u glorify the past while the future dries up.

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
it is fine as long as there is no visable sweat under the armpits. that grosses me out.

Agreed!

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

Well, see, after we saw the Detroit Elevation show, I remarked that Bono was really sweaty and this girl who went with us, who is sort of a fan but her mom is a HUGE fan, said, "Yeah, I know. It was so gross!" But as long as it's not in the armpits, like people have said, I think it's sexy!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
it is fine as long as there is no visable sweat under the armpits. that grosses me out.

bono_purple.jpg

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 04-19-2002).]

If it is on Bono, I like it.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

And the award for Best Sweaty Performance goes to...

Bono for "Bad" from "Rattle and Hum"!

sweatybono.jpg

bonohairpush.jpg

bad6.jpg

My oh my!!!!!!!!!

Bono is quite the sweaty man. I rather like it though... Sweaty boys = sexiness! I agree with the armpit thing, I say if they're going to mess up their shirt then OFF WITH IT!! Take a lesson from Adam!
biggrin.gif

333%3C478723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3B5445%3B7nu0mrj

okay so I just like posting that.. I did name it "adamcombust.jpg" after all!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Well, hmm.... if you weren't in Copenhagen, you don't know the EXACT meaning of sweat....
wink.gif
When you get a shower of Bono's sweat everytime he does a move over the strings, it's no longer sexy.... LOL

Poor Bono who have a problem with smelly armpits, those nights must have been a nightmare with not just smelly armpits but 10000 smelly, drenched in sweat, people. But he was there, just as sweaty and smelly.
biggrin.gif

Pants:
333%3C478723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E638%3E85%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232387%3A%3C%3A659nu0mrj

Compared to normal "status" of his pants:
333%3C478723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E638%3E85%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D323239626%3A%3B4%3Anu0mrj

The "light" parts on his pants is what was left "dry" (as dry as anything could be inside that arena):
333%3C478723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E638%3E85%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3B842%3C86nu0mrj

Sweaty Adam:
333%3C478723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E638%3E85%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232396269774nu0mrj

More sweat:
333%3C478723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E638%3E85%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232396269775nu0mrj

Want more?? LOL

Kristy: I have two more shirtless pics of him from that night if you haven't seen them. adamcombust2 and adamcombust3 maybe?
wink.gif

Originally posted by Kristie:
333%3C478723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3B5445%3B7nu0mrj

gah! i LOVE IT!!!! his body is glistening... mmmm! and look at his abs!!!
eek.gif

i can't believe you saw this beautiful sight in person, miss zooropa!!! i would have just *swooned*!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Kristie:
*are you telling me there's a THIRD?!?!
*faints*
want to seeeeeeeee please!!!

Yupp, there is a third one. LOL Just let me upload it to snapfish, ok? Only have it on webshots and we all know how good that works....

Lets see, here it is. Not as good as the others because of the bright light. If it hadn't been for that I think you actually could see that he's looking at me.
smile.gif

333%3C482323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D729%3D94%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A5364964ot1lsi

Ally, I had shirtless Bono infront of me!!
wink.gif
For me it's a miracle I could put myself together to take theses pics of Adam and not faint over Bono. LOL it certainly was a strange night, that night. As a swedish reporter wrote "I could just as well have swum over to Copenhagen and saved a few bucks on the boat trip, because I ended up just as wet" He was SO right!

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Ally, I had shirtless Bono infront of me!!
wink.gif
For me it's a miracle I could put myself together to take theses pics of Adam and not faint over Bono. LOL it certainly was a strange night, that night. As a swedish reporter wrote "I could just as well have swum over to Copenhagen and saved a few bucks on the boat trip, because I ended up just as wet" He was SO right!

and we are all SO THANKFUL that you were able to capture such beauty on film!! thank you, miss zooropa, for making so many of us Pleba girls so happy with your wonderful photos!!! although it probably sucked to be so hot at the time, in hindsight it was probably worth it, right???

lol!!!
biggrin.gif

You're welcome Ally!
smile.gif

I'm blessed to have witnessed the only(?) time they took their shirts off completely in how long? at a show. It was sure worth all the sweat, but let me tell you, 2nd Copenhagen was the shortest show of the entire tour and one more song and I would have freaked. You know me, I'm not the one getting tired of seeing them live, but that night, ugh... I was GLAD to hear Walk on and know that I would be out of there any minute. Then it's bad.... *almost ashamed of that feeling*

But shirtless members totally made up for the short setlist.
wink.gif

Generally, sweat grosses me out to the max. Even my own. But:

Bono.
In concert.
Under the lights.
Heavy breathing.
Runs his hands back through his wet hair.
His sweaty black curls stick to the back of his neck.
His clothes stick to his body.
Sweat droplets drip from his beautiful chin.
I am TURNED ON!
If he touched me, would I care how much sweat got on me? No.

bonohott.jpg

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

NIIIIIIIIIIIICE SHOES !!!!!!!

Vienna27-2.jpg

Oh, we're talkin about sweat here, sorry.
biggrin.gif

Um.. sweaty armpits are gross.. even Larrys. :\

Originally posted by Bonochick:
And the award for Best Sweaty Performance goes to...

Bono for "Bad" from "Rattle and Hum"!

sweatybono.jpg

bonohairpush.jpg

bad6.jpg

My oh my!!!!!!!!!

This kind of sweat...I would drink it from a glass
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom