You know you're obssesed when....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ikkin

War Child
Ok been meaning to do this for a while and sorry if it's already been done but I thought it'd be fun to make a big 'You Know You're Obsessed When..." list. So I'll start (duh) people just add on there own ideas.

"You Know You’re Obsessed When...."

1. You go into hysterics at the sight or mention of a beach ball.
2. Can’t help but say "My conga, my very own conga" when you see one.
3. Your computer constantly crashes because of the amount of U2 related files.
4. You get WAY too excited when you hear U2 on the radio or see them on the tv.
5. You begin to make icons, gifs, wallpapers, websites etc.

Pictures may be included to give proof of obsession:wink:

-Nikki

1/. Your friends come in2 your romm and say i didnt know you could get U2 wallpaper

2/. Your mum refers 2 Bono as the son-in-law or the other memver of the family

3/. You mope round the house when u2 dont get 2 no.1 cause so feckin bastard frog keep them from the top spot

4/.When your little cousins see Bono on tv and tell they're parents ''that's Natalie's boyfriend''

5/. When even your mum calls you Little Bono

6/. When a guy who owns the music shop in Temple Bar knows you as the U2 girl

I love these!!!
1) When you have to pause whenever you hear a snippet of a U2 song. Regardless of where you are.
2) When you've got your mother (60 years old:) ) taping U2 appearances because she watches morning television.
3) When you're not happy until everyone close to you is as U2 obsessed as you are.
4) When you find yourself listening to the same song back to back just to catch Bono breathing or gasping or moaning.
5) When you find yourself listening to the same song back to back to first enjoy Bono's voice and then to enjoy Larry's drumming and then Edge's guitar,etc etc.

Thats it for right now. :D

1. When your constantly gazing at your desktop wallpaper, just to get a fix :wink:
2.Your mum and you are always fighting over who is the better band member
3. Your ready to fight to the end to defend them :D
4. When people look at you strangley when your in a public place,
and a U2 song comes onto the radio, and you start singing and possible sometimes dancing
5. Everytime someone mentions mermaids you become jealous and angry

But i don't think i have an obsession..... maybe I do

P.S. i have only danced once :shh:
edited to add number 5

Last edited:
1. Spend every spare moment on Interference with others just like me.
2. Carry a photo of Bono everywere I go.
3. Get giggly everytime I tell someone to "have a great day" and they answer U2.
4. Get very offensive anytime someone says something negative about the boys.
5. Shall I continue--my list could go on all day.
They are my idols, my heroes, when I feel down, I just call & they come around.

Love this thread:)

When your husband is surfing the net,and asks you if you have this pic of the BMan?

When you have to order more ink for your printer way before you should have to,because of all the pics of U2 you print daily.

When your running out of room on your "wall of U2",and might have to start using a new wall.

When if you dont watch concerts or videos of U2 at least twice a week you have U2 withdrawal symptoms.

When you get excited watching Classic/Current on VH1 Classic every week just to see two U2 videos,and act like it was the first time you ever watched the videos.

Okies thats it for me for now:)

Read some of THESE (shameless plug
nervous.gif
Some of them are pretty funny.

when...

Everytime something new happens in your life you try to find the perfect U2 song that relates to it.
speechless.gif

Last edited:
You and your crazy U2 friends play U2 mad libs.

Your mom makes you a U2 Xmas ornament.

You think you're hot shit because you are the first of your U2 friends to realize that the distinguished white-haired gentleman in the "One" video is Bono's dad.

You're more upset about not seeing U2 on the Vertigo tour than you are about getting mugged.

LadyRhia said:
U2 at least twice a week you have U2 withdrawal symptoms.

When you get excited watching Classic/Current on VH1 Classic every week just to see two U2 videos,and act like it was the first time you ever watched the videos.

:lol: I do that too! Its much more exciting to see videos on VH1/MTV than popping in a DVD/videotape. The same rule applies to hearing them on the radio rather than CD. Don't know why--but its true. :shrug:

Ones I am guilty of...

1) You have as many framed pictures that you took of Bono in your room as pics of friends and relatives

2) You have enough U2 newspaper/magazine pictures and clippings to decoupage your entire house

3) Tack on a few extra hundred bucks to your most recent student loan in order to see MORE concerts

4) For a romantic anniversary date, your boyfriend takes you to a local Bono's restaurant and gives you Bono-cover magazines as your gift

Lil'Bono said:
1/.

2/. Your mum refers 2 Bono as the son-in-law or the other memver of the family

:shifty:
I thought I was the only one who's parents did this
:lmao:
Sweet!

When you have a room designated in your house as the "u2 room"

When you hear .02 seconds of a song on the radio and already can name which U2 song it is

You have a giant rattle and hum poster of bono staring straight at your bed (which by the way is my fiance's doing, not mine! :lol: )

u2bonogirl said:

When you hear .02 seconds of a song on the radio and already can name which U2 song it is

Me too! :lol:

Or when you go crazy when you hear a U2 song on the radio, even though you just listened to it 5 minutes ago on your iPod. :lol:

1. When you hear a u2 song on the radio and tell everyone to shut their mouths to hear this song. Even though you've heard it so many times. :lmao:

2. Freak out when you hear a song on a tv show and go into convulsions.

3. Need to hear a U2 song at least once a day.

4. Need to read everything about U2 and find out how they did or what they played at their concerts.

:heart:

When you punch somebody in the face for calling bono a fag one too many times :reject:

When you refuse to go out into the front room where you work to serve customers if theres a U2 song on the radio and you can only hear it in the back from the top of a pile of flour sacks

1. You get really pissed everytime someone pronounces Bono's name wrong. :mad:

2. You squeal in delight every time your U2 merchandise is delivered to your house (freaking out the UPS guy as a result). :huh:

3. Whenever someone brings up a U2 lyric in conversation, you start singing, earning strange looks from your friends/family/whoever....

4. You try on millions of sunglasses, trying to find ones that look like Bono's.

5. Whenever you go to the produce section of a supermarket and see lemons, you burst out laughing.

6. You begin to dress like Bono.

I can't think of any more.... I've actually done a few of these (I'm not dressing like Bono, though ... :huh: ).

:lmao:

Ok guilty of the sunglasses thing too & also I have a plate with a lemon design I take on picnics--nobody better touch it! My office has U2 posters & calendar--my boss says I could plaster my walls with Bono pix as long as it makes me happy (I haven't gone that far yet.)

- When within family and friends, everyone refers to them as "your boys"

- when your friends no longer ask what you're listening too, especially on your bad days

- your parents ask you how "your bonohead" is doing.

- your foreign exchange student says you make the same faces riding horses as the drummer of "that band" does when he is really conentrated

- the aformentioned person say.. "BONE-OH" just to see you pissed off.

- you're at a friends, who has vh1 classics, and its a party, and you see "The Fly" come on, and one friend stands in front of the tv on purpose, and you beat the hell out of them to see edge's sexiness....

I love this thread!

1. When you are fast asleep on a plane. In the deep, dark, depths of dreaming you hear, "U2...Bono...Ireland..." and you wake up yelling, "Who?? What??? Where?? Why?? How??" Only to find out that the guy next to you is telling someone that he's going to Ireland to see Bono/U2 in concert. Just the mention of his name awakens me from deep slumber.

2. You find every instance in life to tie it back to a U2 concert, a U2 quote or just anything (even slightly) related to U2.

Oh god, I could go on and on for days....

1) your friends e-mail you when ever they hear/read any information about U2

2) you own a pair of sunglasses that look like Bono's even though you never wear them

3) you own a beannie that says "the edge" on it.

4) you have lengthy conversations with your teachers who are also U2 fans.

5) you burn a DVD with U2 music videos on it for your english teacher in echange for U2 posters from BEFORE YOU WERE BORN.

6) you spend more time on the internet reading about U2 then you do studying for exams.

Your computer log-on password at work involves U2.

The screensaver on your computer at work is a slideshow of U2 pictures.

You're old enough to be a grandmother, yet you still sing, dance, laugh, cry, scream, whistle, and holler during U2 shows.

Your new best friend is the guy from Minnesota who is in the seat next to you at the show.

You agree with your sister when you're leaving a U2 show that it feels like you're walking six inches above the sidewalk and that it feels like there are sparks flying from your fingertips.

You find yourself scouring eBay for tickets to the fall tour. :yes:

You're already planning what to tell your hubby about your upcoming trip.

Last edited:
When....

1) You're friends refer to you as the U2 freak only

2) When you go into a shop, try on "Bono shades", look in the mirror and sing Elevation.

3)You look through every newspaper possible in search of the slightest thing bearing the name U2

4)When you bash you're head on a bus's windscreen because the battery on youre U2 iPod has ran out.

5) When you see any headline featuring U2 and insist that the man behind the counter gives you it though you have no money

6) There are no more U2 songs left in the world that have not been played at least ten times by you.

7) Scream blue bloody murder when somebody pronounces Bono wrong.

8) Refuse to get out of a taxi because a U2 song has just came on. It happens to be a live version of Bad and so the cost just keeps rising and rising!!

9) When you own more pictures of Bono than of your family

10) Search the T.V back to front when you wake up in the morning to check if anything remotely related to U2 are on that day.

O.K maybe theyre a bit cack but theyre obsessive :wink:

labell said:

- the aformentioned person say.. "BONE-OH" just to see you pissed off.

OMG my cousin always does that!!:madspit:

- when you find yourself dancing around a bowling alley just because Vertigo was playing.

- when you know you've chosen the right university on the other side of the country because U2 will be playing there when school starts.

- When the space on your computer went from 40GB to 5GB in less than a month

- when you have 5 of the same picture saved on your computer

Back
Top Bottom