What cigar/cigarettes does bono smoke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2opra

War Child
Out of curiosity, what brand/make of cigars/cigarettes did bono smoke mostly through the 90's?

Don't worry, I don't smoke nor tend to, it's just an out of curiosity thing.

:huh: I hope he smokes none at all.

But I suppose in recent years he's been enjoying cigars, you hardly see him smoking anything these days, so you?

I know someone smoking cigars and it's quite an experience. I'm not very fond of the smell at all. It takes him hours to finish smoking a really big cigar, so it's more a thing of enjoying and relaxing, less "addiction".

bonosmokesur6.jpg

Does anyone know what Larry smokes? I detest the smell of cigarette smoke so am desperate to know what the guys smell of? please let it be some nice aftershave & not cig smoke! :scream:

Galeongirl said:
Yup, those would be the Marlboro Lights. There was another picture from around the same time (I think), of Bono sitting at a table (with German chancellor Angela Merkel, if I recall) with a pack of them on the table in front of him. Bad Bono :shame:

The picture was taken more than two years ago at Davos. Somehow it makes sense to me that Bono is smoking some cigs to deal with stress and pressure when he's at meetings. But I don't think he's smoking much anymore. I read in an article during the Vertigo Tour that he only smoked a cigarette after a concert if he didn't have to sing the other day, so I think he's taking care, I HOPE he is. I agree, though, he shouldn't be smoking at all. But a LOT of singers, musicians, showbiz people smoke, it helps them dealing with the stress, so at least he's not the only one.

Back
Top Bottom