What about being a good fan....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's Tart said:
I still find it odd though that you all seem to think that calling/emailing the management company is something new? I'm sure that they are well used to it and do have some standard responses but I find it hard to believe that they lie all the time which seems to be whats being implied here.
There are people on this site and others who have done petitions and christmas/birthday cards and emailed those , is that ok?

I've been around enough blocks in this territory to know that this is not the first time fans have called PM. I also know that yes, artist management companies do lie for security reasons and do offer less than accurate information to fans a good amount of the time (altho I can't speak for PM). I'm saying this from professional experience, else I wouldn't bother stating this.

Petitions and cards are always welcome, because they do not become security issues. When fans call PM asking if the band is in town, they are not able to deduce if that is a genuine and loving fan, or the freak who was making death threats against Bono.

Sharing info among each other is the best way we can ALL benefit. This is a Zine, a site of course, and most of all it's a community of friends, a FORUM for talking, telling, asking and sharing. That can work for everyone!

HelloAngel said:

I've been around enough blocks in this territory to know that this is not the first time fans have called PM. I also know that yes, artist management companies do lie for security reasons and do offer less than accurate information to fans a good amount of the time (altho I can't speak for PM). I'm saying this from professional experience, else I wouldn't bother stating this.

Petitions and cards are always welcome, because they do not become security issues. When fans call PM asking if the band is in town, they are not able to deduce if that is a genuine and loving fan, or the freak who was making death threats against Bono.

The safety and security is a big thing and the one main reason they would not give out the personal plans or locations of the band members. So there's no need to even call. They're not going to tell some random person on the phone stuff like that. (which may be why the person/people who did this used the name of Interference.com to try to give them some kind of clout or credibility, but that only backfires for the whole community.)

Last edited:
HelloAngel said:
After reading some of my thoughts above, I want to apologize to Bono's Tart, or anyone else who felt I was being insulting. From what I know, everything is hearsay at this point about people 'impersonating' Interference staffers.

To cynics, yes, I know Interference is just a website. But the Staff loves ALL of you, and we do this work for you, and only you. We have so many great plans in place for you guys and the website, and when rumors arise that reputations could possibly be on the line, it's tough and hard to tell what to do next.

Aplogy accepted thank you, I know you where just expressing your opinion which I respect as I do with everyone.
I am a sensitive Tart you know!!

Bono's Tart said:
I still find it odd though that you all seem to think that calling/emailing the management company is something new? I'm sure that they are well used to it and do have some standard responses but I find it hard to believe that they lie all the time which seems to be whats being implied here.
There are people on this site and others who have done petitions and christmas/birthday cards and emailed those , is that ok?

The African Well Fund is a group that has been in touch with PM. There's nothing wrong with calling PM with a legitimate issue like a fundraiser in honor of Bono's birthday. We are in the process of working on the second Bono's Birthday Well campaign, and we have been in contact with PM since the hugely successful campaign last year. Making calls or e-mailing PM is fine. Making false claims or spreading untrue rumors or whatever is not. If this is indeed going on I wouldn't know anything about it or who it is or anything, so again, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone.

Good point Verte :up: There are 'good' and 'okay' reasons to contact PM. But the not okay ones hurt the reputation of all fans and we don't want that:(

Bono's Tart: I wish you a good trip , and like I said I dont' think this was intended to you at all, please accept my apology if you feel it was. I think Carrie said very well what I said as well and on a personal note . When it comes to getting information etc from PM or their Publicity it make my job harder if Interference reputaion is tarnished, thats where I was coming from in my posts. I apologize if I offended anyone.. I am always doing my best to make sure I bring you guys the info you want , to do that I have to keep a good relationship with management etc... like the rest of the staff here . Because we really appreciate you the fans who use this site all we want to do is give the very best back.. thats what we work for.. I am very proud to be involved with this site , the fans the staff ,, everyone

Again I hope I did not offend anyone here ,

Last edited:
i am back from college :hyper:

so,:ohmy: lots of answers !!

first of all, Bono's tart: it was not directed at you!!!! not at all!!!! :hug: we love you here, and we all know you are not this kind of nuts fan!!!i hope i didno't offend you :reject: (i received ur text BTW, but i have no credit, as usual :huh: ) i hope you are not mad at me and that u don't think i am a stalker (or that any of u think so:sad: )

kelly, i will be happy to meet u in dublin, i will be there don't worry, i am staying here all my life :wink:

about this site, well, nothing more to say: that's the best ever :heart: and i am really sad to hear that their hard work might not be pay cos of some persons :sad:

about PM, i really don't think they are giving "always" the right information. they might do so, but sometimes they can't answer the right things to fans Same thing for people working in the Clarence or, at the studios, or at their houses... I can tell u that from my own experience :yes:

I always did Birthday?s card and Christmas' card. I never did petitions, or other things. I have contact with people from U2?s team, Cecilia, since 1986. I never had any trouble, but I never did any confusion or disorder. I always respected U2 and their staff. Here I do the same, I admire this work, the fans here. I don?t feel myself offended with this post. I agree with this concept, let them work in peace, U2, the roadies, the crew, all the U2?s team. I hope Interference, could do a great work, as usual, cause the fans here, are very interested in the music of U2, in the success of U2, here the fans are the most "update" in the international U2?s community. And it?s so good to be in the best place!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Good point Verte :up: There are 'good' and 'okay' reasons to contact PM. But the not okay ones hurt the reputation of all fans and we don't want that:(

Thanks. It's not like we're asking where Bono is going to be on Day X or whatever. After all, Bono has received death threats, and quite frankly I don't give a damn if PM lies about where he is if it's good for him security-wise. Imagine how unnerving it is to get death threats!! :censored: :censored: He's got to have a life too. That's one thing alot of us respect about Bono, he has a life aside from being a rock star.

miss-U2 said:

i hope you are not mad at me and that u don't think i am a stalker (or that any of u think so:sad: )

Of course no one thinks you are a stalker! :no:

I think it is really great of you to take time out of your life to pass on the letters, cards, etc. from other fans to the band. A lot of people can not afford to go to Dublin, so you doing this for us is a huge help.

I just want you to know that I really appreciate it! :hug: ..... even though I still haven't gotten around to writing my letter...:rolleyes: :lol: I'm working on it! College stinks... I never have any free time! :grumpy:

:hug:

I don't understand any of this. If you all did not want anyone to be offended then why bring it up? :shrug: Apparently you are trying to get a message out to someone, but why not just address that person directly?! Now that this thread is here for millions of people to read, then they can ALL get the idea to do the very same thing. :der:

well :shifty: that seems clear to me...

but some people just don't get it :lol:

we didnot want bono's tart to get offended, cos of her thread in EYKIW :hug: but we just want people who are doing this to stop, and we want everyone here to be aware of what's going on :huh: even if we know that you are not this kind of nuts :no:
but if millions of people are gonna do it, well, i don't consider myself as a U2 fan anymore :eyebrow:

WE'RE ONE BUT WE'RE NOT THE SAME.

WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER. ONE. :wink:

Thank you, Bono, for speaking the truth. May we recommit ourselves to living it.

Peace and One Love, everyone!

:wink:

verte76 said:

The African Well Fund is a group that has been in touch with PM. There's nothing wrong with calling PM with a legitimate issue like a fundraiser in honor of Bono's birthday. We are in the process of working on the second Bono's Birthday Well campaign, and we have been in contact with PM since the hugely successful campaign last year. Making calls or e-mailing PM is fine. Making false claims or spreading untrue rumors or whatever is not. If this is indeed going on I wouldn't know anything about it or who it is or anything, so again, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone.

My call may not have been like yours but I also had a genuine reason for calling and I didnt have to pretend to be anyone. To be honest I never thought of it!!

Just what are these false claims and untrue rumours?:huh:

again Bono's Tart no one here questions your motives.. I'm not going to get into the false claims and rumour thing.. if you want to discuss then e-mail me privately but honestly it's not about you

Katey said:
Bono's Tart: I wish you a good trip , and like I said I dont' think this was intended to you at all, please accept my apology if you feel it was. I think Carrie said very well what I said as well and on a personal note . When it comes to getting information etc from PM or their Publicity it make my job harder if Interference reputaion is tarnished, thats where I was coming from in my posts. I apologize if I offended anyone.. I am always doing my best to make sure I bring you guys the info you want , to do that I have to keep a good relationship with management etc... like the rest of the staff here . Because we really appreciate you the fans who use this site all we want to do is give the very best back.. thats what we work for.. I am very proud to be involved with this site , the fans the staff ,, everyone

Again I hope I did not offend anyone here ,

Thank you, and I'm sure we will.

I personally think this is good site to get info from and is the first place I come to especially since the demise of Zootopia, especially the old Bono folder.

But I just want to make one thing absolutely clear here I did not make out that I was on the staff of Interference when I spoke to PM.

Bono's Tart said:

My call may not have been like yours but I also had a genuine reason for calling and I didnt have to pretend to be anyone. To be honest I never thought of it!!

Just what are these false claims and untrue rumours?:huh:

It's not clear that anyone was actually calling PM and claiming to represent Interference, but that's the false claim thing. Likewise for the "untrue" rumors--not directed at anyone here, just at people who did stuff like start the new album rumors for Date X which obviously was not true because the new album doesn't have a release date. Sorry I wasn't clear about this.:reject: :help: :banghead: :censored:

meegannie said:

Seriously. I can't believe people would go to such lows just to meet a band. :tsk:

Just to clarify, by 'such lows' I mean impersonating the staff of Interference (or any other legitmate person/site/organization!) and being abusive or making threats. I didn't mean people like Bono's Tart or people who have (politely and innocently) called PM or emailed miss-U2 or Interference staff asking something. I think that's fine, as long as they understand that they might not get correct information or ANY information, and if the person they contacted says they don't know anything or gives them a brief answer, they leave them alone instead of badgering them for more information.

I think that kind of thing is something that's going to happen from time to time, but shouldn't be encouraged since the interference staff most likely won't know where the band is at a certain time, and PM will understandably want to keep a lot private for security reasons. If the band wants their location to be made public, they'll make it public. If that makes any sense. :huh:

From reading the other thread, I think what happened was, some were afraid that by reading about her calling PM it would give others the idea to do it and they might not be so honorable. Then some did just that, and they pretended to work here. But nobody is mad at Bono's Tart or thinks she did this.

Allright I suppose I should clarify in a way. I don't want this to have Bono's Tart in a bad way whatever her purpose this thread WAS NOT ABOUT BONO"S TART .. at all.
I think that kind of thing is something that's going to happen from time to time, but shouldn't be encouraged since the interference staff most likely won't know where the band is at a certain time, and PM will understandably want to keep a lot private for security reasons. If the band wants their location to be made public, they'll make it public. If that makes any sense.
exactly and thank you for saying this.
For my part The e-mail I had recieved was from a fan not BONO's TART who was upset that I would not give them specefic information and I had become aware they contacted PM . That situation has been rectified by me and to those who asked no I will not tell you who it is .Some feel I should have given the name.. maybe that would have saved some confusion on this , I still feel that should remain confidential.
Although this is a fanzine I am not going to jeopardize the safety or privacy of the band in anyway.. therefor even if we have certain ( an I emphasis if) information we dont give it out.. makes sense right!! When your are trusted with information you don't break that trust or take advantage of it. I think you guys can respect that . I am more then happy to answer any questions I can at all that do not cross that line of course.. I't makes me happy to be able to do that.. I have no other agenda other then to bring the very best site to you guys.. if there is information the fans should know we post it , if a fan has a question and we can answer it we will answer it.. I hope this makes sense
I have to apologize to all all of you for my part in this confusion

Katey said:
Allright I suppose I should clarify in a way. I don't want this to have Bono's Tart in a bad way whatever her purpose this thread WAS NOT ABOUT BONO"S TART .. at all.

:yes: :yes: this has never been about Bono's tart's call :no: :hug:
she is not one of the persons we are talking about!!! as meegannie said she "politely and innoncently" called PM, nothing to be compared with what's going on now :sad:

Back
Top Bottom