VH1's 25 Sexiest Artists in Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
Anybody see this last night? For the love of God, why wasn't Bono mentioned? I'm thinking maybe because it originally aired in 2000 and his sexy self wasn't all over the tube then. There were a lot of cute people mentioned, but cute does not equal sexy.

For example, Bon Jovi is cute. His music is as dull as a doorknob in my opinion, but he's cute, I'll give him that. But sexy? I guess a lot of women find him sexy but to me he's just...bland. A pretty face. But sexy requires more than a pretty face. It's got to have an edge (or an Edge
biggrin.gif
), humor, wit, charisma, and a host of other subtleties. Bono doesn't have a tight ass, but he wrote the book of sexy, IMO (yeah, I'm preaching to the choir here).

Jon Bon Jovi is cute and sexy- he's the SECOND sexiest artist in rock- right behind BONO!!

I do think Bono is better looking but I do think Jon (who will be 40 next month) looks waaaaaay younger than ANY member of U2. He's got luscious hair, NO wrinkles, lovely eyes and a tight little ass. He is hot and deserves recognition even if you don't like his music. Same goes for Scott Stapp (don't hurt me!) you may bash Creed here but that man is SEX APPEAL all the way! His sexy face, long hair, excellent body and oh those arms!!! SIGH!!!!

*ducks, runs away*
eek.gif

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
(yeah, I'm preaching to the choir here).

lmao....preach a little more sista!

Yeah, the sexy members of U2 definitely should have been mentioned...but then think...they would only have 21 other spots to give out...and how would they ever find 21 other people nearly as sexy as Adam, Bono, Edge, and Larry?

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Scott Stapp makes me howl with laughter. He looks like he should be on some really awful soap opera or cheesy drama. *gags*

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
*ducks, runs away*
eek.gif

lmao!
I didn't know ducks were sexy!
wink.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

in quebec, we have "musique plus", and they had something similar many years ago. u2 were nowhere to be found, and the #1 sexiest man was marilyn manson. ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon Bon Jovi is cute and sexy- he's the SECOND sexiest artist in rock- right behind BONO!!

I do think Bono is better looking but I do think Jon (who will be 40 next month) looks waaaaaay younger than ANY member of U2. He's got luscious hair, NO wrinkles, lovely eyes and a tight little ass. He is hot and deserves recognition even if you don't like his music.

I think if I knew nothing about either of them, and just looked at pictures side by side, I would agree with you. But again, it's that subtle sexy thing that for me Bon Jovi just doesn't have. But most women I know think he is to die for, so I guess it's just me. I mean, I wouldn't kick him out of bed or anything...(unless there was a helluva mattress on the floor, as we used to say).

I forgot to mention another quality that is sexy as all get-out: brains. (Not saying Bon Jovi doesn't have 'em, but Bono is brainylicious.)

I think Bono is getting sexier with age, but maybe that's because I'm the same age (in case I haven't mentioned it yet today) and I pathetically need to believe that maybe that's true of me, too. But seriously, I think he's getting sexier because he has more confidence, seems less self-conscious, and is getting wittier everyday. I guess for me wit is very, very sexy.

in quebec, we have "musique plus", and they had something similar many years ago. u2 were nowhere to be found, and the #1 sexiest man was marilyn manson. ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, I guess it all depends on where the poll came from. In the case of VH1, it was Entertainment Tonight.

Originally posted by Bbug:
okay, i'm sorry, but how is larry not???

Oh, he is!!! Although we Plebans tend to view each and every member of U2 as equals (don't we? I mean, I do) I would not have expected a show called 25 Sexiest to focus on anyone other than the frontman in a band--and maybe a lead guitarist--unless it was a super high profile drummer or bassist. Other people who were on the list were Madonna, Britney, Enrique Iglesias, Lenny Kravitz...and I'm just drawing a blank now on the others. Oh, and David Bowie won for the "over 50" category.

I know I've always wondered that (that special has been on several times). Hey, and why didn't Barry White make it? hehehe, just kidding.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct object.

Originally posted by Lilly:
Hey, and why didn't Barry White make it? hehehe, just kidding.

He's on the 25 Sexiest Voices on Your Answering Machine list. Oh wait, maybe it was the 25 Creepiest...? Nah, gotta love Barry!

I think if I knew nothing about either of them, and just looked at pictures side by side, I would agree with you. But again, it's that subtle sexy thing that for me Bon Jovi just doesn't have. But most women I know think he is to die for, so I guess it's just me. I mean, I wouldn't kick him out of bed or anything...(unless there was a helluva mattress on the floor, as we used to say).

I forgot to mention another quality that is sexy as all get-out: brains. (Not saying Bon Jovi doesn't have 'em, but Bono is brainylicious.)

I think Bono is getting sexier with age, but maybe that's because I'm the same age (in case I haven't mentioned it yet today) and I pathetically need to believe that maybe that's true of me, too. But seriously, I think he's getting sexier because he has more confidence, seems less self-conscious, and is getting wittier everyday. I guess for me wit is very, very sexy.

First of all.. I really agree with you, Bon Jovi has such damn dull music. Ugh ugh UGH.
Second.. blargh to Scott Stapp (I agree with Mona on the greasy hair
tongue.gif
ewwww) and Bon Jovi! They both are not sexy whatsoever IMO. Maybe it's just because I don't find very many people sexy. (For example: Moby. For some reason, he is just very sexy to me.) Scott Stapp, whether doing this on purpose or not, is definitely going for the Joshua Tree Bono look -- doesn't his hair remind you of a greasy version of Bono's hair in the WTSHNN video?
Third.. I agree about Bono getting sexier with age. And I don't know about the "he looks older" thing -- sure, he IS older, but I swear, in some of my concert photos from October, he looks so much younger -- maybe it's just the look on his face, but he looks 10 years younger. And I REALLY agree with you on the wit -- sexy sexy sexy. One of my favourite things about Bono is he can be so serious and very intelligent but still be so damn hilarious.
biggrin.gif

Let's see.. what else. Oh yes, and every time I see this show on, I get SO mad! I disagree with almost everyone on that list. I don't even know if I can think of anyone I agree with. Was Prince on the list?

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 02-14-2002).]

He's on the 25 Sexiest Voices on Your Answering Machine list.

Dood, I would love to have that voice on my machine.... mmm, with some of that funk music in the background
biggrin.gif

But my first choice would have to be Macphisto!

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
(For example: Moby. For some reason, he is just very sexy to me.)

Yes!! Again, brains and wit. And a unique point of view.

I don't remember if Prince was on the list...actually I fell asleep halfway through
biggrin.gif

Another sexy quality: soulfulness.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-14-2002).]

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Dood, I would love to have that voice on my machine.... mmm, with some of that funk music in the background
biggrin.gif

But my first choice would have to be Macphisto!

Macphisto on my answering machine...*swoon*...

I had Bono on my answering machine (I was one of the geeks that called my machine from the heart) but the quality was so bad I deleted it.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Scott Stapp makes me howl with laughter. He looks like he should be on some really awful soap opera or cheesy drama. *gags*

Scott is a Bono wannabe. He's not good enough to like U2 so he always goes around saying that JT rocks. blah

Here is Scott Stapp and Creed, the other guys have gross greasy hair but not him.

mdf114506.jpg

I can understand Prince being sexy, especially in his Purple Rain outfit, or when he stands up in that tub in the "When Doves Cry" video. Moby, however, I can't understand, small and bald and dorky, but different things push different people's buttons, okay.

I did say Bono was above Bon Jovi, so don't anybody knock me for that! *puts up forcefield* I do think Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora are better looking than the other 3 members of U2, but that is physical attraction to me, it has nothing to do with 'brains' or music. I do agree that part of what makes Bono so sexy is that he is such a total package, face, hair, eyes, body, clothes, voice, brains, heart, soul and charisma. Without all of those things combined, maybe he's just your average looking short little Irish guy. But with all of them, he's the best.

Yes!! Again, brains and wit. And a unique point of view.

I don't remember if Prince was on the list...actually I fell asleep halfway through
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-14-2002).]

Wow -- you are pretty much the only person I've met who agrees with me! Moby is very intelligent and so damn hysterical -- I have the Play DVD and it has a road movie of Moby going around on his tour as different people (German guy, stupid interviewer who sits in Moby's studio and falls asleep, a guy who tours Moby's house, a French guy..) and it is SO funny. So so funny. And Moby has a journal/weblog on mobyonline.com and it is so fun to read.
biggrin.gif
He is also awesome in concert -- the best feeling I've had in a concert next to U2, and they are similiar, except for Moby has a bit of a different mood.
Ahhh, need to shut up now..
wink.gif

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Wow -- you are pretty much the only person I've met who agrees with me! Moby is very intelligent and so damn hysterical -- I have the Play DVD and it has a road movie of Moby going around on his tour as different people (German guy, stupid interviewer who sits in Moby's studio and falls asleep, a guy who tours Moby's house, a French guy..) and it is SO funny. So so funny. And Moby has a journal/weblog on mobyonline.com and it is so fun to read.
biggrin.gif
He is also awesome in concert -- the best feeling I've had in a concert next to U2, and they are similiar, except for Moby has a bit of a different mood.
Ahhh, need to shut up now..
wink.gif

I gotta get that DVD. I've always been attracted to people who I sensed were probably geeks in high school and then blossomed into somebody really cool (how revealing--could it be...I relate?!). I don't know if this is true of Moby, but I betcha it is. Just that offbeat, oddball type who makes you laugh. And in Moby's case happens to be insanely talented and soulful. Yep, he's pretty sexy in my book. And again, just looking at a picture I'd never get that from him, but it's the whole package.

That's okay Mole! You love Moby for all that he is, but did you know he recently criticized U2 for their halftime show and said the falling sheet resembled the twin towers falling, and with the names of the victims on it he thought was tasteless? Other than that he is good friends with them.

Now, I seriously risk damage here by doing this, but look, is this man not sexy?

jb18.jpg

jb24.jpg

jb25.jpg

jb28.jpg

jb39.jpg

jb40.jpg

jb37.jpg

I am not talking brains or wit here (not saying he doesn't have them) or even music (not saying I don't like it) but just on looks alone, this guy is hot, and deserves his sexy label.

Richie Sambora is hot too, and he's good enough for Heather Locklear.

richie8.jpg

richie11.jpg

Joyfulgirl, Bono has grown on me a lot over the years, and I am more attracted to him than anyone. I will tell you I am more your age than Mole's. Bono is my #1 man.

Have I gone too far? Am I banned from the forum now? Take my Bun, I mean Bon Jovi pics and go?
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 02-14-2002).]

That's okay Mole! You love Moby for all that he is, but did you know he recently criticized U2 for their halftime show and said the falling sheet resembled the twin towers falling, and with the names of the victims on it he thought was tasteless? Other than that he is good friends with them.

I was reading his journal on mobyonline.com ON 9/11 and reading the entries he made MINUTES after it happened. He lives only a few miles away from the World Trade Center and he very, very upset. So I think he was being just sensitive to the whole thing, which is understandable. And anyway, Moby loves U2 a lot, and he constantly praises them. He is very smart and even though I sometimes disagree with what he says, he has really good judgement IMO.

Now, I seriously risk damage here by doing this, but look, is this man not sexy?

No.
tongue.gif
I am going to be bashed, but he just looks plain slimy to me. I know it sounds very mean but he does.

------------------

Joyfulgirl, Bono has grown on me a lot over the years, and I am more attracted to him than anyone. I will tell you I am more your age than Mole's. Bono is my #1 man.

Have I gone too far? Am I banned from the forum now? Take my Bun, I mean Bon Jovi pics and go?
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 02-14-2002).]

How do you know my age?

------------------

I read one time that you said you were young, (most of the girls here are!) and Joyful girl said she was as old as the band members, so I figured she was 'old' and you were 'not' that's all.

As far as Bon Jovi's being 'slimy' he looks pretty clean and sexy to me, but we all have our own opinion of 'slimy.' I have seen a few 'slimy' looking U2 pics even, I won't get myself into more trouble by saying which ones. Yes Moby was in NYC when it happened and he is very sensitive, that is understandable. I know he thinks very highly of U2. I respect his mind and his music, but I just don't see anything 'sexy' about a short, skinny little bald guy, but you can have him, and I'll take Bon Jovi, and most of the other girls will be running from both!
wink.gif

Moby is hot for much the same reasons that Bono is hot. He's brilliant, sensitive, writes stirring music, and can both write and argue his way out of a paper bag. He has such an aura of love, peace, and acceptance. It's amazing. I think Moby is awesome.
smile.gif

And if you don't think he's sexy, just watch the South Side video when Gwen is licking his head. Mrrrrowwwwww.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Nah, bald heads are quite the turn off for this girl. I found that scene disgusting myself and turned away when they showed it. He has no sex appeal to me, and his physical attraction doesn't even reach a one on the old meter for me. But like I said, he's talented, smart, compassionate, and all that. Just nothing in the looks dept. IMO.

Do you guys think that if you met Bono, that you could get him to record an answering machine message for you!! Ex: Hi, this is Bono. Spinny can't take your call right now, but if you leave a message she'll call you back In a little while.

That would be so cool!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Back
Top Bottom