U2 significant other admiration society

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veranda

War Child
We should really take some time to appreciate the relationships the guys have, and the girls who are special to them. Look at how long Bono and Ali and Larry and Ann have been together, and Morleigh is special too. Ever wonder how they won the hearts of our guys, and what they do to hold onto them despite the temptation they must encounter on tour?

Let's take some time to post pics, articles and comments paying tribute to these amazing ladies, you know the ones we're all so envious of but love anyway!
wink.gif

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

It must be incredibly hard to be married to a rock star who's always away touring or working on an album or whatever. I think it's great that Larry and Ann and Bono and Ali (Edge and Moreleigh, too!) have been able to stay together so long and stay faithful to each other (well, as far as we know). Ali should definitely get a medal because I'm sure Bono drives her insane when he's at home- he always has to be out doing something, so he must bounce off the walls when he's at home. That makes me think of the little story in the Flanagan book about how she made him stay at a hotel because he'd disrupt home life too much when he came back from touring.

And I have a question- does anyone know where Morleigh is from? I mean, is she Irish, American, English, etc? In the Flanagan book it mentions that she was living in LA because it talks about how she had to go back there and tell her boyfriend that she had fallen in love with the Edge! I would've loved to hear that conversation- "I'm sorry, dear, but I've fallen in love with the Edge." "You've fallen in love with the WHAT?" "The Edge- the mega-rich famous rock star."

Here are some pics of the guys with their significant others:

f223367.jpg

332%3B3%3A4%3B23232%7Ffp39%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E232326648383%3Aot1lsi

332%3B3%3A4%3B23232%7Ffp38%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E2323266685643ot1lsi

I wonder if the guys switch spouses often. Swingers, perhaps?
wink.gif

332%3B3%3A4%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E232326648494%3Bot1lsi

332%3B3%3A4%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E2323266685686ot1lsi

332%3B3%3A4%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A5%3B%3D457%3DXROQDF%3E2323266685776ot1lsi

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
And I have a question- does anyone know where Morleigh is from? I mean, is she Irish, American, English, etc?

She's from California. I'm pretty sure they just bought a house in Malibu.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
In the Flanagan book it mentions that she was living in LA because it talks about how she had to go back there and tell her boyfriend that she had fallen in love with the Edge!

poor ex-boyfriend! i'm sure he would've understood. at least he was dumped for THE EDGE!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 12-12-2001).]

I have some of Bono and Ali. I really do love them and think they are a precious family.
UF64983.jpg

rv12167.jpg

ou97781.jpg

hn94944.jpg

Um69197.jpg

Zm59008.jpg

UH34660.jpg

not to offend, but i don't like this thread. I'm listening to "while my guitar gently weeps" and i'm thinking of poor Adam...which is how my crush started in the first place...poor, poor, sexy-panted Adam.

I know he has a girlfriend and all, but i was thinking that ending the tour must be kind of tough. what family will he go home to? who will spend christmas with? does it ever make him sad? i'm a sucker for lonely people and i felt like he would be lonely and i wanted to hug him and tell him how much so many people love him. poor adam.

Originally posted by elizabeth:
not to offend, but i don't like this thread. I'm listening to "while my guitar gently weeps" and i'm thinking of poor Adam...which is how my crush started in the first place...poor, poor, sexy-panted Adam.

I know he has a girlfriend and all, but i was thinking that ending the tour must be kind of tough. what family will he go home to? who will spend christmas with? does it ever make him sad? i'm a sucker for lonely people and i felt like he would be lonely and i wanted to hug him and tell him how much so many people love him. poor adam.

well, i think that adam actually is not lonely at all! if the rumors are true, then he's had the same girlfriend for about 5 years now. even though they may not technically be married, being together for so long- and living together- is pretty much the same thing. plus, both of his parents are still alive, as are his brother and sister. i'm sure adam is just fine. he might not have an army of children like the other three, but he certainly leads a very rich life. (he's said that himself in various interviews; he's just very happy with where he is right now.)

be happy for adam!
smile.gif

poor, poor, sexy-panted Adam.

LOL!!!!

I'm sure there are plenty of PLEBA girls who would be more than happy to comfort Adam in these lonely post-tour times!

Originally posted by *Ally*:
(he's said that himself in various interviews; he's just very happy with where he is right now.)

be happy for adam!
smile.gif

we are all glad that he seems to have conquered his demons and moved on with his life...i wish him all the happiness in the world, he deserves nothing less!
smile.gif

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by U2Kitten:

UF64983.jpg

OMG Is that from their wedding???!!!

HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!! Man Bono looks niiiiice

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

OMG, i love that last photo of the edge & morleigh. the baby's got the edge's little eyes!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 12-12-2001).]

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
She's from California. I'm pretty sure they just bought a house in Malibu.

Didn't Edgie also buy a house in Miami Beach recently?!? *note to self...plan a trip to miami beach soon!*
wink.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

if i were a guy, i'd be in love with ali. she's so cool, so independent. i wish i had her determination.
smile.gif

------------------
Happy Hannukah!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Didn't Edgie also buy a house in Miami Beach recently?!? *note to self...plan a trip to miami beach soon!*
wink.gif

OMG!!!! Can someone please find out if this is true????? I'm at school in Miami! If this is true you are all invited to come stay with me and we can camp outside the house!!!!!

Other than that, this thread actually makes me depressed cause all the guys seem to have found true love. They all look so happy and contented. They seem to have found perfection.

*sighs thinking that she would like to have a loving relationship like that*

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Hey Dizzy - it's funny how many people end up with SO's that look like them, have you ever noticed??
smile.gif
I think Edge and Morleigh sort of look alike. I was blessed and *lucky* enough, when at the LA3 show, I looked over to my left and there I saw Morleigh and Sian (the very baby in that picture with she and Edge). She actually looks like a minature Morleigh, she looked more like her mommy than her daddy!

But here's something I read recently that gave me a whole new outlook on ANN, Larry's SO:

MAX: Let's move to some lighter subjects. Larry, you finally got a tattoo. Why did you choose this motive. It's some kind of sun, isn't it?

Larry: Yeah.

MAX: Tell me about it.

Larry: It's a personal thing. I wanted to have it for a long time, but I don't like needles...so eventually I had to drink heavily and went up to Woodstock and I got it done there. I am planning it for about ten years, so a bottle of whiskey and off I went.

MAX: Because rock stars always like to have tattoos.

Larry: It's a tribal thing. My girlfriend has had a tattoo for years. People get tattoos with all sort of designs but original tattoos are an art form. And if it's treated as an art form and if you get something tattooed, that means something to you; there is something really special about it. I won't get any more tattoos on my body. I didn't get it because I'm a rock-star.

Yay! Ann even had a tat before Larry did, she rocks!!
biggrin.gif
Larry, you ROCK STAR!!! (well, he is!)

I find it interesting that Larry is the only one who even has a tattoo of the four guys...esp. when the rock world is rampant with them...very interesting, grasshopper...
wink.gif

Originally posted by dizzy:
OMG, i love that last photo of the edge & morleigh. the baby's got the edge's little eyes!
smile.gif

P.S. Edge bought a house in MALIBU, not Miami(Morleigh's choreography company is in LA)

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-13-2001).]

Originally posted by Discoteque:
P.S. Edge bought a house in MALIBU, not Miami(Morleigh's choreography company is in LA)

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-13-2001).]

maybe you are right disco, my memory fails me at times, but i remember a show (spanish channel) talking about celebrities buying homes in miami beach and they mentioned ricky martin, edgie & enrique iglesias among others....
of course, i could have been hallucinating...which is also possible!
biggrin.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

I just spent a bunch of time looking through Into The Heart for this Ali/Bono pic and then fond out my scanner isn't working.... I've seen it posted here before. Ali's wearing a hat and Bono looks adorable.
biggrin.gif
Good description. Anyway, unimportant... This is a good thread. I'm impressed with thier strong relationships. And I just love Ali. *fuzzies*

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

Originally posted by On The Edge:
I just spent a bunch of time looking through Into The Heart for this Ali/Bono pic and then fond out my scanner isn't working.... I've seen it posted here before. Ali's wearing a hat and Bono looks adorable.
biggrin.gif
Good description. Anyway, unimportant... This is a good thread. I'm impressed with thier strong relationships. And I just love Ali. *fuzzies*

is this the picture that you were talking about?

mC59621.jpg

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 12-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 12-13-2001).]

I wonder what Ali thinks when Bono mentions her in his songs in concert....?

Like Boston 4 he sang (tribute to her and elvis costello) a snippet of "alison" during Bad

and during Spanish Eyes he sang "I need you more than you need me, Ali!"

there are a few more incidents, too. I wonder if she blushes and it warms her tummy or does she chuckle and roll her eyes? I bet it makes her giggle
smile.gif

------------------
Larry: He wants me to star, but he can't afford me...
I'm too expensive.
When Bono was asked about the MDH movie

In a little while I'll be there

*%* U2 Take Me Higher *%*

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:

is this the picture that you were talking about?

Yes! Thankyou.
smile.gif

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
I wonder what Ali thinks when Bono mentions her in his songs in concert....?

Like Boston 4 he sang (tribute to her and elvis costello) a snippet of "alison" during Bad

and during Spanish Eyes he sang "I need you more than you need me, Ali!"

there are a few more incidents, too. I wonder if she blushes and it warms her tummy or does she chuckle and roll her eyes? I bet it makes her giggle
smile.gif

*sighs* I wish someone would do that for me! *deep sigh*

I would probably giggle and blush and then rejoice that I had found someone to love me like that!

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Adam's not the type to throw a pity party for himself...

------------------
Just go now?
You feel like love is gone?
Can you not holding out?
Can you not wait awhile?

SlipStream Soul

Thanks for all your pics and comments girls, if you find any more please post them. We need a U2 family album. Let's see more of the kids, anybody have any family pics?

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Back
Top Bottom