U2 on MTV's 25 Greatest Video Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flaming june

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
U2 made it to # 21 on the list, but I missed it. I saw it when they were recapping. :shrug:

If anyone wants to catch it, it will re-air tomorrow and Tuesday.

date time

Mon 04/28

11:30 AM

Tue 04/29

5:30 PM

:D

As far as video quality relative to song quality, U2 doesn't rank all that high in my books. they have quite a few cool videos, and even some standout ones. but overal not alll that great. i sure hope the smashing pumpkins made the list

I don't think SP made it... which is weird. I like their videos.

I think, although I agree that not all U2 videos are great, the ones that are have really stood the test of time and become classics.

Tis true the smashing pumpkins do make interesting videos but i CANT BLOODY STAND THEM as artists. I must admit that I find Billy Corgan one of the most irritating artists out there in terms of smugness and 'oh i'm so bloody arty look at me and my egg head' but that's just me...sorry i just needed to go off there.

^ My sister cannot stand them either... I've gotten over my dislike for Billy Corgan's voice because they have some really good songs. 1979 is one of my all time favorites.

WierdandGilly said:
Tis true the smashing pumpkins do make interesting videos but i CANT BLOODY STAND THEM as artists. I must admit that I find Billy Corgan one of the most irritating artists out there in terms of smugness and 'oh i'm so bloody arty look at me and my egg head' but that's just me...sorry i just needed to go off there.

blasphemy

Well, I didn't see the commentary... they did have new interviews of some of the other artists that made the list, so my guess is yes... I also hope I set my timer right! :uhoh:

flaming june said:
U2 made it to # 21 on the list, but I missed it. I saw it when they were recapping. :shrug:

If anyone wants to catch it, it will re-air tomorrow and Tuesday.

date time

Mon 04/28

11:30 AM

Tue 04/29

5:30 PM

:D
:up: Thanks!
*Note to self: Tape that.*

When i first heard U2 was on there i was suprised. I never thought of them as video stars. But when they said the criteria I was like, Ohe yes this is them! One of the criteria was "Re-inventing yourself in video." Think the Fly coming after Rattle and Hum! WHOA! they more then qualify then!

VH1- 5/5/03 - 4am eastern time (USA) The Diary of Bono & Chris Tucker: Aiding Africa - God, why don't they show it at a time I can stay awake.
also on 5/17, 11pm ET) , (18th, 3am ET ) & (24th, 8am ET) on the A&E channel - Paparazzi - U2

Back
Top Bottom