Through The Sleet And Driving Snow Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I had this written out once. Deleted it, started it again, then deleted half of it again. I'm trying to keep it light-hearted and funny as that was the original intention. We'll see if my brain will co-operate.

Disclaimer: Not true, don't know 'em personally. Product of too much snow shovelling.

A few swear words in here. If you don't like the 'f' word, my apologies in advance. This one is a bit shorter I think. Damn writers block!

Part Deux

---
Waves of nausea wafted through her subconscious. It felt like she was at sea, or had been at sea. Her face felt colder, she hoped she hadn't fallen face down. Drowning in snow didn't sound very pleasant. Her head throbbed. She tried to wake up, but it wasn't working. She felt tired, giving in would be so easy. But falling asleep in this weather could have dire consequences. She waited and hoped that she would be able to snap out of it on her own.

She was sure she had heard voices. Certain, but she wasn't sure if she was imagining it or not.

*Well, you've certainly done it this time Mr.Plowman. Usually just your general disregard for filling in my yard after I've spent three hours on it and your game of punting my mailbox into a seven foot drift is enough to send me into a livid tantrum. But an ice chunk to the head! Seriously! And after I waved to you even*

All of a sudden, the coldness on her face disappeared and a sudden warmth replaced it. Then a noise.. a voice..

"Oh my, what has happened to you sweetheart"

Strange, she thought, that voice sounded quite familiar. Very familiar in fact. The warmth began to revive her senses, she felt like she could possibly open her eyes. So she tried.

"Come on, honey, you can't be lying out in the cold like this."

Her eyes opened slightly, sleepily and she found herself staring into eyes the colour of summer sky.

*Hmm* She thought *Why is there a strange man staring at me lying her immobilized in the snow*

"There you are, brown eyes"

That voice. Those eyes. Hadn't I just been watching those eyes before I came outside. On the telly.

She gasped. No, it couldn't be. Why would he be here? It made absolutely no sense whatsoever. But with each word, soaked with a gorgeous Irish accent and staring into those baby blues. Oh, there was no doubt.. or was it that fake one.. that fake one.. no, he didn't seem like the fake one. That accent, oh there was no mistaking THAT accent. She blinked and tried to open her eyes fully.

Mouth agape, her suspicions were proved. There kneeling above her was ..

"Bono?" she whispered. Her entire face was a question.
"Sweetheart, why are you lying out here? Is this some kind of crazy Canadian tradition?"

Edge had taken to getting out of the truck as well. He had saw Bono approach and then noticed that what he had seen was a someone. A look of concern crossed his face and he made his way to the foot of drive where he stopped and called to Bono.

"Are they alright?"

Bono took his eyes away from her for a second and nodded.

"Aye, I think so. She has a nasty bump on her head, though. We probably should get her inside." He turned back to the woman. She had that look of confusion and recognition as she realized who he was. He had seen that look many, many times. Though he had to admit, this was the first time he'd ever seen it from some poor girl who had an unfortunate incident whilst shoveling her driveway.

"Do you think you can stand" He motioned to her and saw her try and stretch her legs and arms before nodding.

"Okay, well, let's try then." He wrapped her arm around him and slowly pulled her up on very shaky legs. Edge had come running at the sight and gently put her other arm across the back of his neck. "Larry, Adam! Come on, get the door for us!"

"Hello" said Edge turning to the girl "I'm The Edge, I'll be your paramedic today. Do you mind if we get out of this freezing air and into your house?"

Adam rushed passed up the drive and waited by the door. Larry, grumbling, made a slower trek. He couldn't believe that this was happening. What a freaking trip this had been! At least Edge had been driving. The thought of Bono trying to negotiate the slippery winter roads made him fill with fear. Actually, the thought of Bono driving anytime always filled him with fear.

"What are you doing out here love? It's freezing" Bono said as he shivered a little, the snow crunching with their slow footfall towards the house.

"I could ask the same of you." She tried to wink and then winced at the pain from the bump on her head; She let out a long sigh. "And I was going to shovel the drive. Until Dipshit the plow driver went by and clipped me in the head with an ice chunk."

"Lars could finish the driveway for you" Bono stopped walking and turned around to face the ever fit Larry. "Couldn't you Larry? We don't get much snow in Ireland and Larry was commenting on all the snow on our drive up here. Saying that you could really stay in shape by shoveling. Now's your chance Lar.. a dream come true!"

She made to protest the motion and missed the glare from Larry towards the now grinning Bono.

Larry sighed. "Ah yea well, I spose I could"

Last edited:
If only there was any snow in it, Jen... :wink:

:larry: What's all this? I get called all the way out here to shovel a driveway and there's no fookin' snow?! :scratch:

Nice chapter, RB! More please :D

So as I was shovelling (are there two L's in shovelling???) the snow for the five billionth time this winter the only thought in my mind was 'where's Larry when I need him!!'

I am really loving this story. (and not just because it's set 3 hours away from me. :D)

dianepm said:
So as I was shovelling (are there two L's in shovelling???) the snow for the five billionth time this winter the only thought in my mind was 'where's Larry when I need him!!'

I am really loving this story. (and not just because it's set 3 hours away from me. :D)
COOL!

dianepm said:
So as I was shovelling (are there two L's in shovelling???) ...
I think in the USA, the standard spelling is with one L ('shoveling'), but everywhere else uses two Ls ('shovelling')...

I think it looks funny with one L. :wink:

<-- *word:nerd:*

RavenBlue said:
"Oh my, what has happened to you sweetheart"

"Come on, honey, you can't be lying out in the cold like this."

"There you are, brown eyes"

"Sweetheart, why are you lying out here? Is this some kind of crazy Canadian tradition?"

"What are you doing out here love? It's freezing"

I like the way he refers to her, so bono :drool:

go on, I like it :applaud:

dianepm said:
Alisaura, where were you when I was in grade 10 grammer hell?
Depends on what year you were in grade 10... :wink:

*isn't sure if she dares to correct "grammar" as well* :uhoh:

<-- *compulsive spelling/grammar/punctuationnazi*
:reject:

Haha yea I thought it was shovelling too.. but firefox said that was wrong.. I think it looks funny with one 'l' as well. Might go back to the old way.

Glad everyone is enjoying this. I'm not sure exactly where it's going, but it's going somewhere :giggle:

"Hello, I'm The Edge, and I'll be your paramedic today." :lmao:

*off to read the rest*

Back
Top Bottom