Thing that smell and taste like memories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Memories are always visual and audio, when you remember something you think of the picture and the sound. But did you ever have one that was a taste or a smell? Maybe the ocean when you first saw it? Or hot homeade rolls in the school cafeteria, or cookies at your grandma's in the winter? Today I was at the store and I saw orange slurpees and, mmmm it brought back memories of summers in the back yard, the way the air conditioner sounded, the warm breeze, the plastic swimming pool, and my friends. Did any taste or smell also bring back a memory? And, did you ever notice that it never really tastes the same again, maybe it was the entire atmosphere of the memory that made it taste so good? I know this is corny, but can you think of a smell or a taste that reminds you of something vivid and makes you feel really good? Know what I mean?

:yes: i know what you mean! the smell of pine always makes me feel all warm and snuggly inside cause it reminds me of christmas, which is my favorite time of year...

A lot of old musty smells make me feel like I'm at the cottage where we go every summer.

Once I had this pet who was very special to me and he died. He always smelled like a baby cus I had to feed him baby formula and I kept him in clean towels so for a long time the smell of baby formula or new blankets made me sad

I always smell my son's erasers and glue, when I pack his backpack for the start of the school year.

On rare occasions when I get a really good tasting fountain coke, I'm like :drool: :drool:

Mine is a bit weird... but I love the smell of those plastic pools for kiddies, or anything made of that material (new shower curtains, etc...) :huh: It's just that the smell brings back so many memories from when I was a kid, and in summer my parents got one of those plastic pools for us and for my cousin who lived with us and passed away a few years ago. :sad: So that smell is like the smell of childhood and innocence... of that time when you think every one you love will live forever. :sigh:

I can also remember the smell of the perfume that the very first guy ever had a crush on used to wear... I don't know what perfume it was, but I have looked for it, believe me! :coocoo:

smell is the sense most closely related to memory

me: burning wood/leaves = halloween
formeldahyde: dissecting fetal pigs
when the wind's right sometimes you can smell the lake all the way in *whispers* mishawaka, and I think of our old boat
der, that's all I can think of... but I love the smell of chlorine (odd, yes?)

Back
Top Bottom