Surprise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggo

Blue Crack Addict
First attempt at U2 fan fiction.

:reject:

Standard disclaimer: Not true, don't know the band or their families, never been to Dublin or London.

-----

"I have a surprise for you."

That's all I'd told him three weeks ago. "I have a surprise for you."

I'd heard from Ali and Ann that he's been trying to get more out of Larry or Bono, but they had nothing to tell him. I'm smarter than that. Bono lets things slip too easily and Larry would've tortured the poor bass player with minuscule details, true or not. The Edge, on the other hand, is privy, but he knows how important this is to me.

So I have this to myself. And I'm happy. Sometimes, I feel like Adam can read my mind.

I landed in Dublin from Heathrow about fifteen minutes ahead of the boys. I met Ali walking to the international terminal with John and an unhappy Eli.

"Adam is going to lose it when he sees you," she beamed.

"I hope that's a good thing," I replied.

"Of course! Don't worry. Adam loves you." Ali hurried away to catch up with John, wandering off with his brother. I'm not as fast as I used to be, otherwise I would've tried to wrangle the wandering Hewsons with her.

"Hi," I heard a voice behind me. I turned and saw Ezra and Ann Mullen walking up behind me.

"Hi," I smiled at him. Ann smiled at me, then hurried on to the gate. When I finally made it there, Morleigh had obviously forgotten what time they were due to land and had been waiting quite a while.

"Dave told me, but, oh my God, I didn't believe it!" Morleigh hugged me. "Adam-will-die!"

That's what I need; Adam to have a heart attack the second he steps off the plane from Tokyo.

I sat down near the window and away from the group, watching planes land, searching the runways for the plane with a rising sun on it's tail. I saw it soon enough and was the last to the door to meet the band.

The flight attendant opened the door and I heard Bono and Adam swearing at each other. Bono is first. Always first. But Adam wanted his surprise. Now. I heard Edge and Larry laughing at them fighting over who was first. Adam slipped ahead of Bono and rushed down to us. I felt my heart start pounding in my chest as his footsteps grew nearer. And then I was reminded how much someone doesn't like that.

Adam saw my head over Ali and Morleigh's shoulders. "Where's my surprise, love?" he asked, grinning. I walked forward, past the other wives. Adam dropped down on one knee, like he did when he proposed, and his smile grew wider. He put a hand on either side of my stomach, then kissed my belly button.

Larry looked over at us and said something in Irish that made Bono cackle and both their wives discipline them in their own way. "Sorry," Larry said before picking up Ezra and walking away.

"Surprised?" I asked. Adam smiled at up at me, then stood up.

Edge patted Adam on the back. "Congratulations."

"Thanks. We have a flight to London to catch, don't we?" Adam put his hand on my hip and started leading me away.

"Well, there go Bono's plans for another tour in a few months," Edge said and made Morleigh laugh, one that echoed down the terminal.

Adam and I caught the plane to London. Barely. And he was very quiet for most of the ride, following kicking feet all over my belly.

We arrived home, the taxi ride putting both me and the baby to sleep. Adam woke me, unable to carry me in, and led me upstairs to a room I'd never really paid much attention to before. He opened the door to a gorgeous nursery.

"Adam!" I gasped, smiling.

"You can't surprise me, love." He grinned as I hugged him tight.

^ jen beats me! :wink:

what she said. :yes:

and it was also my first no-bono fic! :sexywink:

again, very sweet :up:

Thanks guys! :hug: :hug:

I guess I could write another chapter. :hmm: Develop this first-person narrator a bit more.

Can you hear the hamster running? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom