Strange dream a person my dad knows had recently... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:48 AM
Strange dream a person my dad knows had recently...

My dad was telling me this morning about a co-worker of his who had a dream involving Bono recently-in it, she was running a ski lodge with Bob Saget, and one of the customers was Bono-but unfortunately, Bono was being a little difficult.

That just struck me funny, more for the Bob Saget bit (of all people), but maybe some of you have had some weirder ones as of late. Since we've gotten some new members in the past couple of months, this discussion could be a fun one to bring up again. .

Angela

Old 01-01-2004, 03:06 PM   #2
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
wink

Tell him to dream you with Bono!

Old 01-01-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:48 AM
I had a strange dream last week. I was at an airport and as I'm walking through the crowded airport I see Edge, my sister, and my friends Betsy and Dave all sitting at a table. I think Bono was there too, but I don't remember

Anyway, the weird thing is, I was way more excited to see my friend Betsy than I was to see Edge I guess it's because in real life, I haven't seen Betsy in a few years (although we just e-mailed each other recently)

I remember in the dream I was like:

"HI BETSY! It's so good to see you! I haven't seen you in so long, what are you doing here? I'm so glad you're here! . . .

Oh, hi Edge "

Old 01-01-2004, 06:07 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 01:48 AM
I dream about U2 a lot! Usually funny dreams.

One I had about a month ago involved me as a camera operator, walking around filming the band for a documentary. They were on tour, and trying to quit smoking at the same time. One of their crewpeople had gotten them a new type of stop-smoking patch, so they tried it.

As the day went on, they got progressively goofier. At one point, they were watching an old Doctor Who episode and riffing on it, Mystery Science Theatre 3000-style. And eating a lot.

I got a hold of the package of patches and read the ingredients. One of the active ingredients was THC, which is the potent chemical in marijuana! I pointed this out to the guys, and their eyes got rather wide, and Edge said, "Oh, that explains a lot!"
Old 01-01-2004, 08:30 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Sue DeNym
I dream about U2 a lot! Usually funny dreams.

One I had about a month ago involved me as a camera operator, walking around filming the band for a documentary. They were on tour, and trying to quit smoking at the same time. One of their crewpeople had gotten them a new type of stop-smoking patch, so they tried it.

As the day went on, they got progressively goofier. At one point, they were watching an old Doctor Who episode and riffing on it, Mystery Science Theatre 3000-style. And eating a lot.

I got a hold of the package of patches and read the ingredients. One of the active ingredients was THC, which is the potent chemical in marijuana! I pointed this out to the guys, and their eyes got rather wide, and Edge said, "Oh, that explains a lot!"
! That's beautiful. kellyahern, yours is great, too, particularly 'cause in real life, you wouldn't react so nonchalantly upon seeing U2 around somewhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by Seabird
Seabird Tell him to dream you with Bono!
Geez, that'd be good. I've never had a romantic dream involving him, or even involving any of the other guys. I did have a few more a little over a month ago: in one, all I remember is Bono standing with a red guitar, playing it and singing something. In another, I was reading an article in a magazine about U2. And then I had one where I was all upset 'cause Bono was on "Oprah" and I'd meant to tape it and missed it.

Not one romantic dream. At all. .

Angela
Old 01-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:48 AM
I've had dreams where I'm searching the internet for U2 pictures
Old 01-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 10:48 AM
i had a dream last night... i was with 2 of my friends (we met the band together), and we were going to attend to ali and bono's second wedding... ali looked like on the pic when she is in ethiopie... but she was 40!!! and she was pregnant, she was about to deliver, but we couldnot see her belly...

then, i was to larry's place... with my friends... and one of her saw Sam o'sullivan in front of larry's house...she talked to him, and he said that larry was there, or he was going to arrive... i can't remember..so, we prepare our stuff, and went in front of the door of his house... and then, it is finished!!

that's sooo weird!!
Old 01-02-2004, 03:50 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by miss-U2
i had a dream last night... i was with 2 of my friends (we met the band together), and we were going to attend to ali and bono's second wedding... ali looked like on the pic when she is in ethiopie... but she was 40!!! and she was pregnant, she was about to deliver, but we couldnot see her belly...
LOL, interesting.

But watching them renew their wedding vows.... Sweet dream. .

Angela
Old 01-02-2004, 09:02 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

My last dream was Bono up on a ladder painting the outside of my house and Edge was in the yard blowing leaves with the loudest blower but rocking it like he does his guitar. Iwas also panicked wondering if I should fix ice tea or hot tea and trying to get dressed with Bono outside my bedroom window painting the house - I don't live in. then I woke up... and thought what was that about...
Old 01-02-2004, 09:43 PM   #10
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*

Ironically, I had a Bono dream last night for the first time in months. I don't know why, but it's very rare that I dream about anybody from U2. Anywho...

It all started me being in a bowling alley. And in this bowling alley there was a record store and at the same time there were a crew of guys setting up this huge stage at the end of the alleys. This place was unbelievable! Then I walked up to them and asked who was performing, and they said Bono was performing live for free! Of course I got all excited and asked when he was coming, and they said later in the day. But they did tell me that he was selling his latest Box Set in the record store. I thought Box Set? It was really there, and on the cover it was just Bono. He had released some kind of solo project! It included a DVD and CD. Of course I bought it, and I hung around all day waiting for the B-man. Since there were hardly any people there I started to make chit-chat with the people behind the scenes. They were very nice people. I asked them if there was a chance in meeting Bono, and they said probably after the show. Now the whole time I was thinking why I didn't know about this appearance beforehand, and they said that this is a surprise performance and that they were going to announce it on the local radio stations that afternoon. Well, after a few hours (I guess) there were thousands of people there! I was glad that I was close and up front and lucky to be there early that day. Now here is where it gets fuzzy. I didn't see him perform, but all of the sudden I was backstage talking to Bono! I don't remember what we talked about, but we were obviously having a nice conversation. Then I woke up! What the in the hell does that dream mean? Bono...solo project? Mmmmmm.....
Old 01-02-2004, 10:13 PM   #11
War Child

I had a dream the other night where I was talking to larry and I was noticing male pattern baldness.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:13 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I had a funny U2 dream a few weeks ago. I posted about it in my journal, but I'm not sure who all reads journals here. Anyway, I was at a U2 concert and in addition to singing, the guys did SNL-type skits on stage! And Bono led anyone who wanted to participate in a conga line around the auditorium where they were playing! I got in line, but I wasn't the lucky one who got to hang onto Bono. Oh, and another thing, Roger Taylor from Duran Duran played onstage with the band! I think I forgot to mention that part in my journal.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:35 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
Ironically, I had a Bono dream last night for the first time in months. I don't know why, but it's very rare that I dream about anybody from U2. Anywho...
It's very rare for me, too. Before those last three dreams I mentioned in this thread, I hadn't had a dream involving any of the guys from U2 since June of 2002. And then a little over a month ago, I had those three dreams-two of which were my first ever Bono dreams.

Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
It all started me being in a bowling alley. And in this bowling alley there was a record store and at the same time there were a crew of guys setting up this huge stage at the end of the alleys. This place was unbelievable! Then I walked up to them and asked who was performing, and they said Bono was performing live for free! Of course I got all excited and asked when he was coming, and they said later in the day. But they did tell me that he was selling his latest Box Set in the record store. I thought Box Set? It was really there, and on the cover it was just Bono. He had released some kind of solo project! It included a DVD and CD. Of course I bought it, and I hung around all day waiting for the B-man. Since there were hardly any people there I started to make chit-chat with the people behind the scenes. They were very nice people. I asked them if there was a chance in meeting Bono, and they said probably after the show. Now the whole time I was thinking why I didn't know about this appearance beforehand, and they said that this is a surprise performance and that they were going to announce it on the local radio stations that afternoon. Well, after a few hours (I guess) there were thousands of people there! I was glad that I was close and up front and lucky to be there early that day. Now here is where it gets fuzzy. I didn't see him perform, but all of the sudden I was backstage talking to Bono! I don't remember what we talked about, but we were obviously having a nice conversation. Then I woke up! What the in the hell does that dream mean? Bono...solo project? Mmmmmm.....
...I love this dream! Too bad it's not reality.

Bono's shades, yours is funny, too-a conga line, eh? Fun! .

Angela
Old 01-03-2004, 09:30 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
I've had dreams where I'm searching the internet for U2 pictures
LOL! Me too!!! I frequently dream about finding the most amazing pics (like Larry shirtless in a cowboy hat and stuff like that... ) and then I get so sad when I find out it was only a dream and I won't be able to share them in PLEBA...
Old 01-03-2004, 03:52 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by flaming june
LOL! Me too!!! I frequently dream about finding the most amazing pics (like Larry shirtless in a cowboy hat and stuff like that... ) and then I get so sad when I find out it was only a dream and I won't be able to share them in PLEBA...

Angela
Old 01-03-2004, 04:53 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 09:48 AM
I was a fan for many years before I dreamed of him, then I dreamed he was murdered and laying bloody in the street with a knife in his belly But a few weeks later I dreamed a good one of him and me in the country, watching the sunset

Mike Trampp, White Lion
Old 01-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 02:48 AM
wavesofregret that dream sounds horrible!

I have told PLEBA about some of my dreams in the past.... I just had one on Monday night, it was Bono and Edge and I ran into them at a shopping mall and ofcourse when I saw them I hugged Bono and asked him when the album was coming out.... and he said in January so I was running up and down the aisles of the store I happened to be in like a fool.....
I can't tell you how many times I have dreamt of Bono, its wonderful because luckily it happens quite often! My friend was just telling me today that she thought it was cool that I dream about Bono!
A couple weeks ago I had this dream, which I really enjoyed.... I was at a U2 concert in an arena and I was off to the side of the stage.... when Bono started coming up these stairs to come up to the stage.... but there was a glass wall that seperated the crowd from him....so I was dancing out of control and he looked up and made eye contact with me and motioned for me to go down to him...so I did....and then we were dancing with the glass between us with our hands touching through the glass (kind of like in the Britney/Madonna video with the wall between them, actually I think thats why I had the dream to begin with, cuz that same night I had seen that video for the 1st time lol) and so we were like grinding eachother through the glass
In the past however, my favorite 2 Bman dreams were :
The one where Bono showed up at my parents' home and he was riding a white horse and he took me away on the horse.... and then the best one was a romantic one.... dont know if I ever shared this one in detail.... but I was in bed with Bono nothing major happened except we were most definitely in bed together, but for some annoying reason my cousin was in the same room in a sleeping bag on the floor and I thought she would be mad at me if she knew I was in bed with Bono so Bono and I had to be really quiet... and I remember Bono was a little hyper so I had to keep telling him to shut up or he would get me in trouble..... that dream actually was reoccuring lol it came back a couple nights in a row, not that I minded
Oh and I just remembered another one, Bono and I were sitting having coffee in North Beach in SF at Calzones restaurant.....
Those are all the dreams that stick out in my mind the most hope to have more!
Angela I find watching U2 before bed helps the dreaming process Hope you have some good Bono dreams soon
Old 01-03-2004, 06:44 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I've had some funny Bono dreams but none lately. The favorite is the shopping cart dream where we were driving along a country road going to visit someone when we come upon a grocery type store and Bono suggests we stop to get some things and when we get out of the car we take out shopping carts and begin to paint and decorate them with ribbons. Then I had one where he was at work with me and he was filing things for me. Those are 2 of may favorites.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:45 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

Angela
I know... it's crazy!

Old 01-03-2004, 07:09 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

I just feel bad for ya, flaming june, 'cause you wake up all excited to share the pictures and then realize that they don't exist. That would definitely suck.

Course, they exist in your mind, so at least there's that. . And maybe you'll have a dream soon where you find those pictures and then show them to PLEBA, and at least in your dreams they'll all be enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally posted by U2SJ
wavesofregret that dream sounds horrible!
Yeah...that's a really disturbing one, wavesofregret. But luckily you had a nice dream to follow up that bad one. .

Quote:
A couple weeks ago I had this dream, which I really enjoyed.... I was at a U2 concert in an arena and I was off to the side of the stage.... when Bono started coming up these stairs to come up to the stage.... but there was a glass wall that seperated the crowd from him....so I was dancing out of control and he looked up and made eye contact with me and motioned for me to go down to him...so I did....and then we were dancing with the glass between us with our hands touching through the glass (kind of like in the Britney/Madonna video with the wall between them, actually I think thats why I had the dream to begin with, cuz that same night I had seen that video for the 1st time lol) and so we were like grinding eachother through the glass
Hahaha! .

Quote:
In the past however, my favorite 2 Bman dreams were :
The one where Bono showed up at my parents' home and he was riding a white horse and he took me away on the horse....
That one sounds really nice...didn't you say it was JT Bono who arrived to whisk you away?

Man, talk about wanting dreams to become realities!

Quote:
and then the best one was a romantic one.... dont know if I ever shared this one in detail.... but I was in bed with Bono nothing major happened except we were most definitely in bed together, but for some annoying reason my cousin was in the same room in a sleeping bag on the floor and I thought she would be mad at me if she knew I was in bed with Bono so Bono and I had to be really quiet... and I remember Bono was a little hyper so I had to keep telling him to shut up or he would get me in trouble..... that dream actually was reoccuring lol it came back a couple nights in a row, not that I minded
LOL.

Quote:
Angela I find watching U2 before bed helps the dreaming process Hope you have some good Bono dreams soon
There have been nights when I have watched something U2-related right before going to bed, and still nothing-like last night, watched something U2-related, went to bed not long after, and nothing. Maybe I need to do that every night, instead of just on occasion. But I'd have to work it around whatever my family may be watching at the moment, though...

Angela