(Sellafield) Biohazard Suit Bono Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1e7332c1.jpg

What really makes this event stand out for me is that this wasn't just U2 doing something a bit out of the ordinary for attention.

All of them - right down to Paul McGuinness - were actively involved in this event and each risked their own health by knowing that being that close to highly radioactive material COULD have adversely affected their health.

To me, this fact makes U2's Sellafield protest for Greenpeace REALLY STAND OUT in the annals of U2 events.

Thanks so much for this thread.

:adam: :larry: :edge: :heart: :heart: :bono: :hug:

Jamila said:
What really makes this event stand out for me is that this wasn't just U2 doing something a bit out of the ordinary for attention.

All of them - right down to Paul McGuinness - were actively involved in this event and each risked their own health by knowing that being that close to highly radioactive material COULD have adversely affected their health.

To me, this fact makes U2's Sellafield protest for Greenpeace REALLY STAND OUT in the annals of U2 events.

Thanks so much for this thread.

:adam: :larry: :edge: :heart: :heart: :bono: :hug:

Oh yes, I agree with ya on that one.
Thats why it pisses me off when people say U2 doesn't actually "take physical action" behind their causes... instead of just blabbing words.. and telling everyone else what to do. I remember when they did that at Sellafield and thought it was immensely brave, admirable... and it wasnt something that they had to do at all! They did that on their own and I was very proud of them.
Sadly, I rarely ever hear/read of anyone talking about this event when talking about U2's past in these regards.
This was indeed a huge, and sacrificial thing they did.

And of course... that in itself.. is very "sexy" in my eyes.
With the added bonus that Bono is so fucking adorable in that suit. :wink:

Anyways.. I don't see any bands, or whatever willing to do (risk and all) that nowadays.

-Chrissy

I think I could literally eat that suit right off him.. its so damn... :drool:

Whats wrong with me??!?!??! Jesus...

-Chrissy

FungusAmongus said:
I think I could literally eat that suit right off him.. its so damn... :drool:

Whats wrong with me??!?!??! Jesus...

-Chrissy

A fellow Sellafield/biohazard suit devotee!!! :love:

So many of these pics I've never seen before.

Can. Barely. Form. Words.

Guh.

:drool: :combust:

Ahh I just had the longest and most tiring first day of school but these pictures are making things much, much better......:wink:
How can a man look so sexy in a biohazard suit?! It really it amazing...:drool:

It really is amazing.

I'm just very thankful there's other people in this world (or net) that have the same odd tastes as I do! LOL!!

Biohazard Bono... its cute... its adorable.. its comical.. its just.. very.... I can't explain it. :wink: LOL.

Oh and the white looks very nice against his skin! lol..

*(starting to sound more strange by the hour..)*

:lol:

Wanna come to my work and dispose of radioactive waste?

All I see when I look at these pics are people NOT wearing safety gear. Well they are, but more as a fashion item then personal protective clothing.

Hi Beli, long time no talk!:wave: I guess it's back to the reality for both of us.:(

About these Sellafield pics: I seem to recall one of Bono with Ali, who was present and I think one of the organizers of this event. Does anyone have that picture?

beli said:

Wanna come to my work and dispose of radioactive waste?

All I see when I look at these pics are people NOT wearing safety gear. Well they are, but more as a fashion item then personal protective clothing.

Hiya, Beli!

You crack me up!! LOL

biff said:
Hi Beli, long time no talk!:wave: I guess it's back to the reality for both of us.:(

Hi Biff :wave:

Yep. Work is a bit of a shock to the system. :crack:

How are you?

FungusAmongus said:

Hiya, Beli!

You crack me up!! LOL

I was serious :mad: I have a wad of delivery dockets for the sale of radioactive disposal boxes and liners but the you-beaut accounting programme no longer permits the generation of invoices under fifty bucks. Guess how much radiation waste disposal items dont cost? :happy:

Youve got to laugh. Laugh or die, really.
:wink:

kellyahern said:

Hi biff! :wave: How was your vacation?

3448678723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3C382%3C%3A54ot1lsi

Thanks for the pic, Kelly! You always come through!

The vacation was great, thanks for asking. I spent over four weeks on my island, without leaving it once. It was really weird to be back in the city and see cars and large numbers of actual people. :yikes: I'm slowly getting back to what sadly passes for "normal". And classes start next week. :mad:
I'm not ready!!

beli said:

Hi Biff :wave:

Yep. Work is a bit of a shock to the system. :crack:

How are you?

I'm pretty good. I'm NOT looking forward to work this year; it's going to be a rough one, I fear, and I just don't have the stamina for all the crap anymore.

But it must be even harder for you, you were off for so long, and you must really miss the little ones.

Let's meet here often and complain!:mad:

:wink:

beli said:
I have a wad of delivery dockets for the sale of radioactive disposal boxes and liners but the you-beaut accounting programme no longer permits the generation of invoices under fifty bucks. Guess how much radiation waste disposal items dont cost? :happy:

Post some pix of you disposing that stuff plz :drool:

Back
Top Bottom