Saks Inc. Company Newsletter with Bono, Ali and Rogan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shari schultz

ONE love, blood, life
The new newsletter came out today for Saks Inc. employees. Small article on Edun. If I had been the editor, it would have been at least a full page long. :wink: Just thought I would share . As far as I was concerned, it was the best issue ever! :)

3437795923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B7%3A%3D42%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23238444353%3A4ot1lsi

Don't know if the text from the scan is going to be readable so here is what it says:

EDUN is the brainchild of U2's Bono, his wife Ali Hewson, and Rogan Gregory, a designer who emphasizes organic fabrics and ethical guidelines. EDUN was launched exclusively at Saks Fifth Avenue in Spring 2005.

Conceived as an alternative approach to creating beautiful clothes in a respectful manner, EDUN is a marriage of social activism and aesthetic innovation. Edun's goal is to build a business while creating sustainable employment in developing areas of the world such as South America and Africa. Nude spelled backwards, EDUN is also a play on the Garden of Eden and is meant to imply innocence, sensuality, and a return to nature.

EDUN is committed to the lives of the people who help to make the vision a reality. Inscribed in every pair of EDUN's jeans is the statement: We carry the story of the people who make our clothes around with us."

The top quote from Fred Wilson is
"There's a lot going on inside the organization that 's very positive. To be a store hip enough to have launched Bono's EDUN brand speaks volumes to the shift that's going on in terms of the customer that we are now able to capture."

shari schultz said:
The new newsletter came out today for Saks Inc. employees. Small article on Edun. If I had been the editor, it would have been at least a full page long. :wink: Just thought I would share . As far as I was concerned, it was the best issue ever! :)

3437795923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B7%3A%3D42%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23238444353%3A4ot1lsi

Don't know if the text from the scan is going to be readable so here is what it says:

The top quote from Fred Wilson is
That's so cool! :D

There was a little article on our lovely little GapWeb the other day that mentioned Bono and Edun. It's so nice of him to follow us to work these days!

Back
Top Bottom