Rolling Stone pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scarletwine said:

Wouldn't it be much easier in a Bono thread to say nothing if you don't admire a certain pic, rather than imparting a negative vibe?

I certainly think some pics are not the most flattering, but as a loving fan I just butt out. IMHO.

That's just what I was thinking - not censorship really, just the idea of "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". :shrug:

Scarletwine said:

Wouldn't it be much easier in a Bono thread to say nothing if you don't admire a certain pic, rather than imparting a negative vibe?

I certainly think some pics are not the most flattering, but as a loving fan I just butt out. IMHO.

You're right here :yes: c'mon, I have lots of bad pics of myself and I still love me a lot :tongue: :D

hippyactress said:

Ditto.

How can you utter this statement and then turn around and, in the next sentence, tell us how much more of a fan you are?

As I said before, you respect my opinion, and I'll respect yours.

I understand how you could feel that way, but please understand my comments were only in response to Daisy's self righteous, gushy comments professing the piety of her fandom, implying I wasn't a caring fan, and it made me sick so I lashed out. Sorry to everyone else.

Okay! Pinkfloyd and MiniFly you get out of jail free, I took the rap!

AND THE PIC'S NOT EVEN SO BAD! HELL I MIGHT EVEN MAKE IT MY WALLPAPER!! :D

I think the piccie is great :D so I'm posting it again, and if anyone can't handle it, there's a pressie for you at the end!

091802aragon_bono.jpg

:drool: :heart: :love: :cute: :kiss:

3357267523232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23233434964%3A4ot1lsi

:der: :angel:

Shheesh! I can't believe the drama suddenly!

Now I feel bad for saying he looks large. Honestly, I just thought that he shirt was hanging off him in a funny way.

I was surprised to hear people say that he has put on 20-30 lbs. or whatever. It reminds me of the "Is Bono Balding" fight.

If he has put on weight then its just more to love!

I think he looks GREAT!

Besides, can you even imagine how much weight he took off runnin' around that heart? Wow, talk about a workout.
If I was him, I I would go home, plop on the couch, and eat and drink whatever I wanted after these two years.

IF he has gained weight, I take as a sign of a well-deserved vacation!

:drool:

Desire4Bono said:

Yeah well it looks like you get off the hook free, and pinkfloyd got off easy too. When I said I didn't like this pic on an earlier thread, I got flamed, scolded and lectured at length by know-it-alls.:shrug:

The day the first pics came out, the fans on the Rolling Stones board were reporting they didn't recognize Bono when he came on stage, with his suit, short haircut and 20-30 pound weight gain (their words) since the Elevation tour. Just because you don't like all pics of Bono doesn't mean you are a bad fan or a bad person who needs a spanking!

'Zactly. Anyways, we all know how incredible he is, with or without extra weight. He's still my hero. He looks good practically every other time. :wink:

Desire4Bono said:

Okay! Pinkfloyd and MiniFly you get out of jail free, I took the rap!

AND THE PIC'S NOT EVEN SO BAD! HELL I MIGHT EVEN MAKE IT MY WALLPAPER!! :D

Jeeze people! It's a PICTURE! One picture, albeit not a particularly outstanding one, but still. This is nothing to get so upset over.

MiniFly said:

Jeeze people! It's a PICTURE! One picture, albeit not a particularly outstanding one, but still. This is nothing to get so upset over.

X-actly!! It's a PICTURE! Not everyone is going to like every song or every pic. That does not make them evil or diminish their fandom, nor does it make those who claim to love every pic and every song and claim 'it's what's on the inside that matters' superior people or fans! If somebody says they don't like a pic, so what. Self righteous speeches and lectures do not change anyone's mind, they only annoy the person/people targeted and make them want to post again, then you post again, and back and forth until we have a good old fashioned fight. If somebody doesn't like a pic, let them, don't attack them personally, a counterpost of 'but I like it' is enough. Uh-oh. I'm giving a lecture. Better shut up now. Just my 2 cents for the future. Remember not everyone has the same opinion and it would be a boring world if we all just shut up and agreed.

AGAIN- I do not even hate this pic! It is much better than the first pic of this scene I saw posted, and much better than any pic of Bono taken 1995-99 IMO! (Note IMO- don't flame and lecture!)

*SMOOCH!*

But if MiniFly and PinkFloyd still don't care for it, so what? I don't care. No one should. :p

I wanna know two things Desire...

First...how you expected to post a comment like this and not have angry rebuttals posted...

Originally Posted by Desire4Bono:
Yeah well it looks like you get off the hook free, and pinkfloyd got off easy too. When I said I didn't like this pic on an earlier thread, I got flamed, scolded and lectured at length by know-it-alls.

And second...why it needed to be posted at all. This thread was going along in a nice fashion, but now we have this underlying arguement...if you have issues with certain posters...And what I am saying goes for all of you...if you have PRIVATE issues...that is why PRIVATE messages exist...if you have issues with posters then PM them...there is no excuse for dragging people through the mud for all to see. And there is certainly no reason to call people out by name. If you expected Moonie to reply, you should have PM'd her, not baited her with your comment.

I am not saying Daisy was innocent, seems her nerves were a little raw as well, HOWEVER, obviously Daisy was able to move on and get back to the thread...but once again you had to drag it back up...

LET IT GO.

If you can't let it go, take it to PM-land.

*edited because I only have one hand to type=typos*

Last edited:
I did a search for "Bono Stones" and this is what came up...LOL...no Bono...but good lord how disturbing can one pic be...those gigantor lips just ate my soul...

Stones500x372.jpg

Fishy

can I stop banging my head into the wall now

FishNeedsABicycle said:

*edited because I only have one hand to type=typos*

aaaawwwww...you should get one of those voice translator thingies, that types the words for you when you speak.

Sidenote: That pic looks like what would happen if The Rolling Stones fell into a vat of radioactive waste.

Re: can I stop banging my head into the wall now

daisybean said:

Sidenote: That pic looks like what would happen if The Rolling Stones fell into a vat of radioactive waste.

Ha ha ha ha!

Thats great!
Oh hey! I'm an acrobat. Yay for my upgrade.

I got this today. I had no idea Keith Richards was shirtless on the front cover.

Back
Top Bottom