RARE newly found photos to share taken by Jesus Girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The rest of Rattle and Hum. These were taken at the meet and greet at KUPD radio station in Guadalupe, Arizona (next to Tempe where they were rehearsing for the filming) Tons of us were hanging out at the stadium and heard on the radio they would be going over there, so everyone went. Look at how well behaved everyone lined up to talk to them with no security really. Just a couple guys.

Bono talking to Patrick still....

Photo_2006_7_7_0_49_30.jpg

and still

Photo_2006_7_7_0_50_50.jpg

In front of me....signing for my friends now

Photo_2006_7_7_0_47_58.jpg

Bono.jpg

Photo_2006_7_7_0_46_20.jpg

Photo_2006_7_7_0_44_42.jpg

Photo_2006_7_7_0_52_4.jpg

u2jesusgirl said:
The rest of Rattle and Hum. These were taken at the meet and greet at KUPD radio station in Guadalupe, Arizona (next to Tempe where they were rehearsing for the filming) Tons of us were hanging out at the stadium and heard on the radio they would be going over there, so everyone went. Look at how well behaved everyone lined up to talk to them with no security really. Just a couple guys.

Bono talking to Patrick still....

Photo_2006_7_7_0_49_30.jpg

and still

Photo_2006_7_7_0_50_50.jpg

In front of me....signing for my friends now

Photo_2006_7_7_0_47_58.jpg

Bono.jpg

AW MAn I LOve that hat!!! :love:

Adam.jpg

Edgecloseup.jpg

Story about Edge and the guitar...they performed live with him just playing guitar on the air...so he still carried it around with him after.

EdgeatKUPD121887.jpg

Ticket stubs for the shows:

It rained this night and you can see it in the movie during MLK.

photo_2007_5_27_19_55_26.jpg

2nd night, closer to the runway!!! yahoo!!! I grabbed and held on to Bono's leg during this show along with every other girl. haha!

DEC201987.jpg

Rattle and Hum opening day at the movies!!

photo_2007_5_27_19_57_43_edited.jpg

u2jesusgirl said:

:) :) :)

Bono is your HERO, not me... hee hee!! I really fell for him that trip to L.A......my hero ever since for sure....

THE SHIRT!!!! We died.... I always had hoped now with the internet to find some old picture of him wearing it but still no luck yet. ANYONE who sees and old 1982ish picture of Bono with a black sleeveless tshirt with gold music notes please POST IT!!!

What's the story on the shirt? I feel like I have seen a shirt like that in pics somewhere... if I find it 'll definitely let you know!

u2jesusgirl said:
Adam.jpg

Edgecloseup.jpg

Story about Edge and the guitar...they performed live with him just playing guitar on the air...so he still carried it around with him after.

EdgeatKUPD121887.jpg

Ticket stubs for the shows:

It rained this night and you can see it in the movie during MLK.

photo_2007_5_27_19_55_26.jpg

2nd night, closer to the runway!!! yahoo!!! I grabbed and held on to Bono's leg during this show along with every other girl. haha!

DEC201987.jpg

Rattle and Hum opening day at the movies!!

photo_2007_5_27_19_57_43_edited.jpg

$$5.00 tickets huh, Boy things have sure changed, the closest i got to seeing u2 for free was actually seeeing them for free for the Vertigo Tour rehersal, ((I thank my lucky stars for this always)) :D

BonoFox1 said:

$$5.00 tickets huh, Boy things have sure changed, the closest i got to seeing u2 for free was actually seeeing them for free for the Vertigo Tour rehersal, ((I thank my lucky stars for this always)) :D

I heard about that!!! LUCKY GIRL!!

The tickets were that low special for the filming only.....
But man we had to camp out for those for 2 straight days..

bonocomet said:

What's the story on the shirt? I feel like I have seen a shirt like that in pics somewhere... if I find it 'll definitely let you know!

OMG if you have seen it I will just DIE! haha! I blogged about this U2 meeting last night on my myspace. The four of us friends (myself, Robin, Dorenda and Robbie) gave it to Bono at the hotel in L.A. We were waiting by the pool at a table and he came over to talk to us and we presented him with the shirt. We bought it down on Hollywood Blvd in some cool rock and roll shop. I have yet to see a picture of him wearing it and we didnt take any either. But when we gave it to him, he immediately put it on right in front of us!!!! Ok, we died then too...
It was just one of the greatest moments!! I would reconize the shirt in a second if you find a picture. It is sleeveless, I think they use to call them muscle shirts in the old days. Black with gold music notes all over it.

u2jesusgirl said:

OMG if you have seen it I will just DIE! haha! I blogged about this U2 meeting last night on my myspace. The four of us friends (myself, Robin, Dorenda and Robbie) gave it to Bono at the hotel in L.A. We were waiting by the pool at a table and he came over to talk to us and we presented him with the shirt. We bought it down on Hollywood Blvd in some cool rock and roll shop. I have yet to see a picture of him wearing it and we didnt take any either. But when we gave it to him, he immediately put it on right in front of us!!!! Ok, we died then too...
It was just one of the greatest moments!! I would reconize the shirt in a second if you find a picture. It is sleeveless, I think they use to call them muscle shirts in the old days. Black with gold music notes all over it.

wait a minute.... he put it on right in front of you... meaning he took his original shirt off 1st? :faint:

omg that is great! I really do feel I've seen a shirt like that, but of course I've been searching thru my pics and I'm not seeing it. I will keep searching tho!

bonocomet said:

wait a minute.... he put it on right in front of you... meaning he took his original shirt off 1st? :faint:

omg that is great! I really do feel I've seen a shirt like that, but of course I've been searching thru my pics and I'm not seeing it. I will keep searching tho!

To answer your question - "YES"!!!! No JOKE!! Like I said, we died, fainted, drooled.....

I hope you can find a shot of him wearing it!!!! Please please GOD!! You seem to have a massive collection!! We gave it to him on March 28, 1982, the day after the L.A. JGiels show.

u2jesusgirl said:

To answer your question - "YES"!!!! No JOKE!! Like I said, we died, fainted, drooled.....

I hope you can find a shot of him wearing it!!!! Please please GOD!! You seem to have a massive collection!! We gave it to him on March 28, 1982, the day after the L.A. JGiels show.

YOU MEAN YOU SAW THE MANS MOOBS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!!

AND YOU LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT!!! :faint:

Jeannieco said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^ OMG... :drool: :drool: no words...:faint: :faint: :faint: :

Those 80's were GOOD TIMES!!! :sexywink:

I was more interested in the day before with Bono and Larry in their speedos, lounging by the pool catching rays. I had to keep total composure sitting with the Edge and those two were on the chairs next to me... AHHHHH!!

(I wish we could have taken pictures...but we didn't want the Edge mad at us again.)

u2jesusgirl said:
Good morning from Arizona!!! Thanks for all the nice comments and glad you are enjoying the pix!!

Here the rest from JT with the boys arriving at ASU Activity Center, Tempe, AZ

Pay special attention as to who you see by the cars!!!! Can you see who they are????

JT34a001-01.jpg

JT33a001-01.jpg

JT32a001-01.jpg

JT31a001-01.jpg

JT30a001-01.jpg

JT29a001-01.jpg

Just realized the boys weren't arriving, they were all leaving. Coming out of that door to get into the cars...

u2jesusgirl said:

I was more interested in the day before with Bono and Larry in their speedos, lounging by the pool catching rays. I had to keep total composure sitting with the Edge and those two were on the chairs next to me... AHHHHH!!

(I wish we could have taken pictures...but we didn't want the Edge mad at us again.)

:crack:

:faint:

That's incredible. ( :faint: 's again)

Oh and I've searched a lot and I haven't found that shirt in a pic. I'm so sorry! But there are more places I can look, I could be wrong about seeing it :( but I will keep looking.

Last edited:
iloveedge said:
So how many times have you met them?!

I did not meet any of them on the ZOOtv, (I was too busy with a Irish friend) Pop tour (Bono was hanging out by the fence talking to fans, but I didnt make it over on time, he was just walking away), or Vertigo. (Adam got mobbed at Vertigo when he tried and security said no others allowed...)

Met Bono 10 times (including Edun)
Met Adam 7 times
Met Edge 4 times
Met Larry 3 times

Last edited:
bonocomet said:

:crack:

:faint:

That's incredible. ( :faint: 's again)

Oh and I've searched a lot and I haven't found that shirt in a pic. I'm so sorry! But there are more places I can look, I could be wrong about seeing it :( but I will keep looking.

Thanks for trying Bonocomet.. we had never seen a picture of him in it, but with the internet these days, who knows. There could be one out there....

bonocomet said:

OMG , I got to this point in the thread then the server or something went wrong , and I was left with this image ...:shocked: :combust:

bono0296-1.jpg

thinking of Bono ripping off his shirt .
and now that I am able to get back on pleba it's my bedtime :mad:

Thank you so much JesusGirl. All your pictures and all your stories are so precious. Thank you for sharing them with us poor fans who never had the chance to meet the boys.
I feel truly frustrated because I’ve been a fan for nearly 27 years and I’ve never had the chance to even ask for an autograph (I’m sure if I lived in the US or in Ireland it would have happened though), but you sharing all this is compensating my misery, so :bow:.

LostAtMoon said:
Thank you so much JesusGirl. All your pictures and all your stories are so precious. Thank you for sharing them with us poor fans who never had the chance to meet the boys.
I feel truly frustrated because I’ve been a fan for nearly 27 years and I’ve never had the chance to even ask for an autograph (I’m sure if I lived in the US or in Ireland it would have happened though), but you sharing all this is compensating my misery, so :bow:.

Where do you live LostAtMoon?

u2jesusgirl said:

I remember you mentioning this before and I nearly fell off my chair in faint!!!:faint: :lol:

u2jesusgirl said:

I did not meet any of them on the ZOOtv, (I was too busy with a Irish friend) Pop tour (Bono was hanging out by the fence talking to fans, but I didnt make it over on time, he was just walking away), or Vertigo. (Adam got mobbed at Vertigo when he tried and security said no others allowed...)

Met Bono 10 times (including Edun)
Met Adam 7 times
Met Edge 4 times
Met Larry 3 times

Ok that does it--I'm comin to live with you. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom