Pleban Girls Party - Story time with Dick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
Dazz!!! :hug: :wave:

So you haven't seen the RS with Bono? I was in NYC yesterday and didn't see it either. Our local Barnes & Noble doesn't have it yet--I called and the bookseller did a really good search in the back as well as the magazine area, and didn't find it. Oh, well--it will be well, WELL worth the wait!!!

Maybe it will be in Midtown later tonight , before i leave here...

You gonna love this........:ggigle:

I was at Benn & jerry's b4 i got here....

I suddenly out of nowhere had a :shifty: Adam fantasy....... snaps fingers...just like that! :laugh:

Diane L said:

It is next to impossible to get on Gorman's streaming audio, so I'm not trying--I've developed this fixation with "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead and I'm listening to that overandoverandoverandoverand....

Did you have this GA all along, or did you just get it??? I hope you have a fabulous vantage point to see the B-Man!

Oh, and the interview was a very enjoyable, positive experience, even if I don't get the job. I really liked the women who interviewed me. And this library--Joanne, it was like the mothership was calling me home. It is HUGE, size-wise more on the order of a small college library than a public library, and it is beautiful. I could be deliriously happy there. Plus it's a Tech Services job where you are not dealing with the public (YAAAY!!!). And I took out two U2 books our library does not have--their collection is extremely strong on rock books in general. I'll send a thank you note to the three women who interviewed me in a couple of days. Thanks for asking!!!

Are they hiring librarians? Have degree, will travel. Will work for food and U2 tickets. :wink:

I got my GAs for Detroit II the morning they went on sale in mid-March. I couldn't believe how easily I got them. Then I found out it was one of the only U2 shows which didn't immediately sell out. No, I do not know what is up with this town and why its second U2 show didn't sell out.

Sad_Girl said:
Rolling Stone comes out on Friday Diane :wink: :hyper:

sometimes...like b/c the Village Voice which is published here & comes out on ??? Weds....we in Brooklyn {the part close to lower manhattan were the V V is} can get it late tues night........ which is why it might be here in Midtown Man by the time i leave

jobob said:

Are they hiring librarians? Have degree, will travel. Will work for food and U2 tickets. :wink:

I got my GAs for Detroit II the morning they went on sale in mid-March. I couldn't believe how easily I got them. Then I found out it was one of the only U2 shows which didn't immediately sell out. No, I do not know what is up with this town and why its second U2 show didn't sell out.

There seems to be a glut of MLS grads in Suffolk County, Long Island right now. People are having a heck of a time finding anything. If you're young, and especially if you're a young guy, you have a chance of getting hired. Those of us second-career people...not as good, unless you have fantastic connections. :sad:

There are advantages to living in a smaller market for U2, and your GAs are a HUGE advantage!!! In contrast, my closest major arena (MSG) was THE place that the folks who got the second chance to use their U2.com codes picked up GAs for, so those of us without this opportunity got shut out.

dazzledbylight said:

sometimes...like b/c the Village Voice which is published here & comes out on ??? Weds....we in Brooklyn {the part close to lower manhattan were the V V is} can get it late tues night........ which is why it might be here in Midtown Man by the time i leave

It's not unheard of, them being on sale by midnight the night before :wink:

dazzledbylight said:

Maybe it will be in Midtown later tonight , before i leave here...

You gonna love this........:ggigle:

I was at Benn & jerry's b4 i got here....

I suddenly out of nowhere had a :shifty: Adam fantasy....... snaps fingers...just like that! :laugh:

Oh, that's the way it is with that Silver Fox. You're going through your life, minding your own business, then out of the blue, you realize that he is one fine hunk of a man!!!

Seriously, my crush started over three years ago when I kept reading how kind he was to the fans who would go to Hanover Quay to meet the band. And I started thinking he was cute and, well...fast-forward three years to a rainy Saturday afternoon where I waited 75 minutes for a chance to see him...and I got a big smile and a handshake in return. Adam....:sigh:

Sad_Girl said:
Hi Diane :hug: I hope you hear from them soon about the job. I know how hard waiting can be

Thanks. I'm pretty good at putting these things out of my mind...I figure I don't have it, which sounds defeatist, but this way I get on with my life and if I get it, I will be very pleasantly surprised!!!

Sad_Girl said:
Hey Sami What's up? :hug:

hi :hug:

just got home from babysitting and now I first have to shower and study for english :crazy:

and NO, I'm not listening to Gorman's live stream right now instead of doing everything else! :no: :shh: :wink:

how are you?

it's my favorite part right now...the "oh oh oh oh" into Streets :heart:

Is it wrong that I want to go back in time so I can :censored: Babyface Adam? :combust:

08397U2.jpg

08430U2.jpg

10471U2.jpg

:hug: Hey, Bri! :heart:

Oh! I have the day of the Ikeaville show off *G* Wish VP was on, I was going to suggest a very late lunch at Ikea that day :lol: (I've never been to an Ikea, despite being fairly close - as in a fairly short subway/bus ride to one and a half hour bus ride to another!)

Back
Top Bottom