Pleban Girls Party - It's quiet and there's no one around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have a lot of patience, so I give up pretty easily. I think I just need to charge the stupid thing and go to bed, and try to figure it out over the weekend. I'm really tired right now, so that's probably making things worse.

VintagePunk said:
If you're not going to be a vet, I think you need to be a psych major. Seriously. :)

Cause all crazy people need is a crazy person trying to figure them out. :wink: :lol:

I really do enjoy the subject though. There's just so much interesting stuff, and such a variety of areas. :drool:

I went to visit my old chem teacher (love that man :lol:, he went to my uni a few moons ago ) at the beginining of the year, and told him I was taking Psych. He was all, "That's def something I can see you taking". (insert some banter regarding whether this was a subtle comment about my mental state :lol: ) and He seemed positive I would love it...how he knew, I do not know. But I admit, the man was right.

VintagePunk said:
Thora :hug: Wish I could offer something more than my best wishes, but I don't have one. :(

Maybe if you post in another thread someone could helo you?

No worries. :hug:

Fuck it. I think I just erased it all. Gah. Okay, I'm gonna go now. Sorry to be a downer. I'm going to sleep and then try to fix it tomorrow. I will check the other threads here and see if anyone can help. :(

ThoraSEB said:
I don't have a lot of patience, so I give up pretty easily. I think I just need to charge the stupid thing and go to bed, and try to figure it out over the weekend. I'm really tired right now, so that's probably making things worse.

I get like that too. After some sleep maybe you can look at it with a fresh perspective. :hug:

Thora :( :hug: Hope it works better in the morning. Sweet dreams.

VintagePunk said:

I'm probably going to have multicultural groups after me, after that comment. :lol: Calm down, groups, it's a male-female issue. :lol:

Yeah, we need to talk...

:lol:

Better watch yourself

The toothless irshman and natives are going to band together..... :uhoh:

You'll talk when you're ready. :hug:

Is it after 2 already? I have to go to bed soon :sad:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Cause all crazy people need is a crazy person trying to figure them out. :wink: :lol:

I really do enjoy the subject though. There's just so much interesting stuff, and such a variety of areas. :drool:

I went to visit my old chem teacher (love that man :lol:, he went to my uni a few moons ago ) at the beginining of the year, and told him I was taking Psych. He was all, "That's def something I can see you taking". (insert some banter regarding whether this was a subtle comment about my mental state :lol: ) and He seemed positive I would love it...how he knew, I do not know. But I admit, the man was right.

Seriously, I have grown SO much from taking it. There are so many aspects of it you can concentrate on, from the very science/biology/anatomy part (neuropsyche, a very hot field right now) to a very humanist, individualist scope. I started out wanting to get my MSW (Masters of Social Work)...then the more psych courses I took, the more I was hooked. And I DREADED doing my thesis, and the research, but I'm loving it. It appeals (so far) to my orderly, organized nature.

Knowing you, if you don't go the vet route, I'd highly recommend it. :up:

VintagePunk said:

Seriously, I have grown SO much from taking it. There are so many aspects of it you can concentrate on, from the very science/biology/anatomy part (neuropsyche, a very hot field right now) to a very humanist, individualist scope. I started out wanting to get my MSW (Masters of Social Work)...then the more psych courses I took, the more I was hooked. And I DREADED doing my thesis, and the research, but I'm loving it. It appeals (so far) to my orderly, organized nature.

Knowing you, if you don't go the vet route, I'd highly recommend it. :up:

Since taking the intro class, it is something that I've sorta have pocketed away, as something I should look into further. I certainly recognize my own interest in the subject, and defineatly plan to keep taking classes as my electives at least... :drool:

Theses scare the bejeezus out of me. And it shouldn't, since it is not so different from the inquiry papers I did in first year....but it's so ominous sounding, or something. :lol:

Well, the thing is, if you do a psych thesis, you have someone to come to for advice. Although drawing it out for a year and a half probably isn't the smartest thing in the world. :wink:

What I have found is, scary, intimidating school things (theses included) aren't nearly as scary as they seem. The one thing I've had difficulty realizing is, there are people there to help you (your advisors and peers). I think because I started from a distance education perspective, and the only contact was via e-mail with clueless TA's, I quickly learned to learn independantly, and that's how I've approached things so far....but recently I've learned that your peers can be an invaluable source of help and guidance. :love:

:clonelove: :hug: Call all you want :)

:( the third day in a row that no one is here! :grumpy: :rant:

:wink:

:hug:

I may not even catch you folks over the weekend b/c I'll bne up at my sis's house on mini-vacation.

Now after 6 yrs of using her stereo system...
........i FINALLY figured out how to transfer her & mine vinyl recs, cd's, dvd's and tape to tape on her doubledeck tape recorder :D

SO I'll be making a bunch of Mix tapes this weekend! :hyper: and making jewelry! :drool:

I will ask around in her neighborhood whether anyone has a small netcafe.

But i'll definately have my new library card next week...so you'll see me in the early-mid evening hours....soon.

hope you all are doing well! :hug:Z

Last edited:
Thanks! We're celebrating it at work today. Well, sort of celebrating. We're allowed to wear casual clothes today, which is very nice. I'm wearing my I L:heart:VE HOCKEY PLAYERS shirt. :lol: Everyone loves it, and several people have asked where I got it, because they want it too!

I really hope so & intend to !!!

when my sis returns we have to finalize our plans to see the Macy's Fireworks !!! We are BIGGGGG fireworks "freaks". :drool: :drool:

I said IF either of us becomes multi-millionaires.......while watching Target's ponsored fireworks at Pier 17 of NYC's South Street Seaport.............just about 3 weeks ago......
.........we would take ourselves around the world off & on for a year or so, to see the Best Fireworks dispalys around the world!!!

Last edited:
I love fireworks as well! I've actually only been in Canada for Canada Day once or twice in my entire life! :lol: I know our celebrations definitely do not compare to Americans, but hopefully some place will have some good fireworks tomorrow. I'm looking online to try and find something right now. :D

We have a really good fireworks thing at the end of July & beginning of August called the Celebration of Light. There's 4 nights of incredible fireworks set to music, and it's a competition between various countries. I always go to that - it's a lot of fun!

Oh, I missed Dazz :grumpy:
Well, if she sees this.......we have a country club 2 streets away from us that put on a huge fireworks display.
This year it will be on Monday night, and then the Univ of Illinois will have theirs on Tues night.

:hmm: Can't decide which is better......watching from my backyard or going over to campus and watching with 40,000 + people.
Hard choice! Guess I'll just have to do both :wink:

Hi Thora :hug:

Going pretty good.
Been getting ready for company, mowed the front yard and had to stop because of rain :madspit:
So I went shopping :wink:
Got a new pair of golf shoes :up:
KFC bowls :drool:
Made some phone calls.
Played with my new key chain..............:shifty:

Hey Wild :drool: LoveSlave

Back
Top Bottom