Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Sad_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: completely out of touch
Posts: 42,360
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Go Trinidad!



<- Is too American to know the foggiest thing about the World Cup
__________________

Sad_Girl is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 10:40 PM


I'm fully expecting a from Adam if he comes back this evening for that one SG
__________________

__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Russty Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in my dreams
Posts: 9,648
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Just because your a yank doesn't mean you can't learn a bit about futbol!
Russty Cat is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Quote:
Originally posted by Sad_Girl
Go Trinidad!



you missed the game by 9 hours.

Eng 2-0 Trinidad

Jax will be crushed



great thread title btw
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Russty Got a crapload of knitting done last night, think I'm up to about 6" now
__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge



you missed the game by 9 hours.

Eng 2-0 Trinidad



Jax will be crushed
Pft! Hardly.

My boys did me proud.

Unlike a certain other team they were playing against......
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Quote:
Originally posted by Sad_Girl
Go Trinidad!



<- Is too American to know the foggiest thing about the World Cup

I knew I loved you for a reason.



~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~


Pft! Hardly.

My boys did me proud.

Unlike a certain other team they were playing against......
well your boys lost...

don't you start ripping into england as well
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:34 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge


well your boys lost...
*So* not the point.




Seriously though, what is with England? They were beyond underwhelming....
Are they just slow starting...?



Wild is going to beat my arse when she reads this isn't she.....
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Russty Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in my dreams
Posts: 9,648
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Good job Drea! I got about an inch done today.
Russty Cat is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
sami0201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: among the fields of gold...
Posts: 23,193
Local Time: 10:40 PM
I'm home


We hung out with hot boy tonight. SO AWKWARD!!!
sami0201 is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~


*So* not the point.




Seriously though, what is with England? They were beyond underwhelming....
Are they just slow starting...?


ok, i'll say this one more time. coz people keep on going on about it.

yes they start slowly, always do...rarely ever win the openers.

qualifying after 2 games is faaaaar better than normal, regardless of the performance. it means we actually have some good luck this time, first time for a looong time.



people really need to stop the england bashing...we won 2 games! i for one never dreamt we would win the first 2 games, so in reality it's a helluva start.





stop the england bashing






and yes, Wild should beat you
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:41 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
sami0201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: among the fields of gold...
Posts: 23,193
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Ok gotta go watch tv with my aunt. I'll be back at 11.


And Adam, the save by Terry (I think that's his name??)
sami0201 is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sami0201

And Adam, the save by Terry (I think that's his name??)
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Sad_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: completely out of touch
Posts: 42,360
Local Time: 10:40 PM
I'm back - my sister in law just called to ask advice because her niece got her finger caught in a footrest on a recliner poor baby
Sad_Girl is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge




ok, i'll say this one more time. coz people keep on going on about it.

yes they start slowly, always do...rarely ever win the openers.

qualifying after 2 games is faaaaar better than normal, regardless of the performance. it means we actually have some good luck this time, first time for a looong time.



people really need to stop the england bashing...we won 2 games! i for one never dreamt we would win the first 2 games, so in reality it's a helluva start.





stop the england bashing






and yes, Wild should beat you


Did I bash? I simply said they were unimpressive.
Hence why I asked if they are the type to be slow starting, since I'm not overly familar with them.


I wish she would


You didn't see the end of the game though, right? Can you explain why TnT's goal didn't count? I thought I heard the commentor make some call but I didn't catch it...
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sad_Girl
I'm back - my sister in law just called to ask advice because her niece got her finger caught in a footrest on a recliner poor baby
Ouch!
Poor thing! Have they gotten it out?
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~




Did I bash? I simply said they were unimpressive.
Hence why I asked if they are the type to be slow starting, since I'm not overly familar with them.


I wish she would


You didn't see the end of the game though, right? Can you explain why TnT's goal didn't count? I thought I heard the commentor make some call but I didn't catch it...

well they have been ripping into them in the sports thread, so i'm in a bad football mood

sorry then


i heard the goal was offiside...i'm going to watch the 2nd half when it's downloaded later tonight.
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pleban Girls Party - Futbol fever

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge



well they have been ripping into them in the sports thread, so i'm in a bad football mood

sorry then


i heard the goal was offiside...i'm going to watch the 2nd half when it's downloaded later tonight.
All the commentators were saying that despite them winning the fans and media were not going to be celebrating...
Poor guys.

And you should be sorry.
I'll cheer for them against sweden though, just for you.


It was such a pretty goal...

What does it mean when it's offside?
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Sad_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: completely out of touch
Posts: 42,360
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~


Ouch!
Poor thing! Have they gotten it out?
No, I told her to let her sleep there for the night. In the morning, When she gets hungry enough, she'll find a way to get it out herself.







































What?

No, they had it out before they called, they were trying to decide whether it was an ER visit or a ice, motrin and keep an eye on it for the night sort of deal

She was already calmed down, not crying or screaming, just pointing to it and saying 'boo boo' and there was no obvious deformity so I told her to ice, rest and wait.
__________________

Sad_Girl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×